1 game who copy a lot from Mech Warior Online.

46 replies to this topic

#1 InvisibleBG

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Ok guys i read alot threads and see alot 3d models and stuffs about the HAWKEN.
Now i rly can say - THIS GAME IS TOTALL 1-1 copy of Mech Warior.
A lot stealed stuffs alreade are addet to Hawken.
How game like this from studio like this can try to steal from classic and totally awesomely game like mech warior.
I collect info maybe 1 week or 2 about this.

I`m for Mech Warior!
This Hawken is one copy **** (sry about that).
Hope to see more info about ur work and progress guys.
Hope to got invite and to see ya in cbt.
Forward and UP Guys!
Regards Alex.

#2 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

Really? You feel a mechanized First Person Shooter is a 1:1 copy of MWO? Have you seen MWO's gameplay footage? It runs more like a simulation than a FPS.

They're 2 separate games. You've got people who like MWO only, those who like Hawken only, those who like both and those who like neither. I don't really see the similarities.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

They are "blind thiefs". They didn't steal any important part that makes the game so good.

It's rather a CoD: Mech edition and not being one is what makes Mechwarrior so good. :)

#4 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

Not entirely true, watching the game play the enemy's damage is in "health" rather than in the parts you've damaged, i don't beleive you can take the legs off of one of those mechs. It looks more like a COD adaption with robots (oh wait, black ops II) but it doesn't look like a complete copy, for one the mechs look like scrap heaps (pirate mechs?).

#5 InvisibleBG

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Y maybe not is that important that what they steal.
But i`m confused how this new lame studio can try to steal from one of the best games from 7-8 years to now ?!
They need to be more good then mw..
And yes bro i see alot footage videos and i play mw from a lot years.

Edited by InvisibleBG, 04 June 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#6 Kazzamo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Yeah... the only thing they have in common is piloting robots. Hawken is designed as the sorta fast paced shooter and most its modes have respawn. It's better for the twitchy gamers that current FPS games seem to breed. MWO is about the (relatively) slow lumbering behemoths. Think about it this way, your car today can out run pretty much any mech in Battletech.

#7 Frostiken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

r u fn srs

#8 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

View PostInvisibleBG, on 04 June 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Ok guys i read alot threads and see alot 3d models and stuffs about the HAWKEN.
Now i rly can say - THIS GAME IS TOTALL 1-1 copy of Mech Warior.
A lot stealed stuffs alreade are addet to Hawken.
How game like this from studio like this can try to steal from classic and totally awesomely game like mech warior.
I collect info maybe 1 week or 2 about this.

I`m for Mech Warior!
This Hawken is one copy **** (sry about that).
Hope to see more info about ur work and progress guys.
Hope to got invite and to see ya in cbt.
Forward and UP Guys!
Regards Alex.

I'm for good games. People like robots.
What? No games are allowed to make mechanical warring robots unless it's stealing from MechWarrioir?

I hope Hawken surprises people, Some MW fans will be against it for some reason before either games are even done.
I just hope they actually maintain the talent and drive to see it through.

View PostAdridos, on 04 June 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

They are "blind thiefs". They didn't steal any important part that makes the game so good.

It's rather a CoD: Mech edition and not being one is what makes Mechwarrior so good. :)

Nice slam, MW fan. :)

Edited by MadBoris, 04 June 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#9 Kazzamo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

For the record I'm signed up for both Hawken and MWO, and plan to play both. Which one I play will just depend on my mood at the time.

#10 Aegis Kleais

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

You want to see a blatant ripoff check out this:

They ripped off Valve's Team Fortress 2 Soldier Class. 95% identical rocket launcher, very similar character build. THIS is the kind of ripoff that if it happened in the US, they'd have a lawsuit all over them. Because this was Chinese, it's harder to follow up on such a blatant rip.

In the creative world, one of the most career-crippling moves you can ever do is to rip off another person's work. It's a death sentence for their credibility.

#11 Stormdragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I absolutely have zero interest in Hawken.

#12 Seal9

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Well actually Hawken is like others mentioned totally not like MWO.
Hawken is a fastpaced mech FPS, nothing else.
MWO is a mech simulation which is totally different. Gameplay is a lot slower then Hawken.

Just that both have mechs in em doesn't mean they are the same or stolen from eachother.

Edited by Seal9, 04 June 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#13 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostAegis Kleais, on 04 June 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

They ripped off Valve's Team Fortress 2 Soldier Class. 95% identical rocket launcher, very similar character build. THIS is the kind of ripoff that if it happened in the US, they'd have a lawsuit all over them. Because this was Chinese, it's harder to follow up on such a blatant rip.

In the creative world, one of the most career-crippling moves you can ever do is to rip off another person's work. It's a death sentence for their credibility.

Oh man this ****** me off so much. I hope that one day the Chinese will stop getting away with it and finally get all the lawsuits they deserve... this is one example of so many identical cases.

#14 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hawken is more like a hybrid between Armored Core and Mechwarrior, leaning more towards Armored Core. Seems to have a much simpler style of play, with higher mobility, resulting in gameplay that's closer to a traditional FPS.

#15 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostInvisibleBG, on 04 June 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

But i`m confused how this new lame studio can try to steal from one of the best games from 7-8 years to now ?!

It's not a good thing to take a dump on othe people's work, you know. Hawken looks like a pretty solid game if you consider it has a 10 people studio behind it.

#16 Funkmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hawken is not really a copy. Firstly the Hawken mech's are way smaller. The gameplay lookes more like Halo multiplayer with a mini mech instead of master chief.

That being said there is similarites, but Mech warrior dont own mech fps.

Also Hawken looks **** compaired to this so what do we care :)

#17 Mr Person

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostAegis Kleais, on 04 June 2012 - 08:32 AM, said:

its not just that one class either, they ripped off heavy, sniper, basically the only thing they didnt rip off was their own 10th class the assault.

they even took the maps! a video I watched showed them playing on King of the hill harvest! I hate people that steal :)

#18 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

There's absolutely no reason that Hawken and MechWarrior Online can't exist side-by-side. I'll play both, personally.

#19 Funkmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 June 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

There's absolutely no reason that Hawken and MechWarrior Online can't exist side-by-side. I'll play both, personally.

I see what your saying, wink wink, so how do we destroy them? :)

#20 X101

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hm looks nice i may apply panding here for ever sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users