#41 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostVxheous, on 13 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

There is no zellbrigen in this game. If I have an opportunity to kill an enemy mech faster thus saving a teammate from taking any further damage, however small, I will do it. The game isn't about how many kills you get, its about your team getting the win.

For me it depends on if the situation dictates bringing down the legged mech, or if there are other mechs that I can turn my attention to that are close by that are a more pressing concern than a legged light. I will even turn my attention away from a weaponless mech that I have done all the damage to if there are more immediate threats. I couldn't care less about anyone's k/d ratio.

#42 Caleb Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

The most efficient thing you can do is kill the enemy mech as quickly as possible, regardless of who gets the kill.

That's if you have a 'team' mentality and want the team to win.

The only time you might check fire in favor of another target is if they are completely weaponless and there's a nearby enemy with weapons damaging you or your teammates. Finish threats in order of priority as quickly as possible.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

I will only give a kill if I want more C-Bills. 7500 vs. 5000.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 April 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#44 Ratnix

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

I love people who just walk away from a kill like that.

I was once legged with both arms blown off and only left with my head med laser. One guy was fighting me and his teammates just went right on by heading for others on my team.

I ended up killing the guy and one other before we went on to win, I survived the entire match.

It would have been easy for one of those assaults or heavies walking by to core me but they didn't.
I lol'd so hard after that match.

#45 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 April 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

I will only give a kill if I want more C-Bills. 7500 vs. 5000.

The kill gives you a component destruction for 15xp and 2500CBills.
The kill also gives you another 50XP for the killshot.

So killshots are worth the same CBills and 65XP more.

#46 Gow Chrom

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I would say focus fire, destroy one enemy and then you AND your teammate(s) can move on to the next one. Don't spare an armed enemy if you can help it. I've been the last man on my team,one legged zombie Wang, and still managed to core the last 3 enemies ftw.

#47 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

the only time i consider not finishing off a mech that i can kill is if he just lost all weapons... everytime i check if there is some other higher threat around if there is not... well it depends on the mood (machine gun him to the death :()

#48 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Chivalry isn't for me I'm afraid. If I see a mech I can kill, I absolutely will regardless of who did most of the work. The same happens to me when I've worn an ememy down and a team mate swoops in for the kill shot.

I'm out there to battle, not take them to dinner.

#49 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

If its red, its dead.

#50 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:26 AM

nothing makes me happyer than a "run by" killshot in my Wang

#51 Citizen Erased

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMontsoult (Paris) - France

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

Maybe it was me ? I have a vague memory of doing something like that two days ago in my Wang. If i'm sure that a Tango is sure dead by mates, i gotta help somewhere else. Our base was being captured at the moment.

#52 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

I try and challenge the last opponent/outnumbered opponents to Zellbrigen every chance I get.

Unfortunately sometimes PUG players tend to be overzealous and interfere with our duel despite the agreement and asking them to hold fire. Sad.

Now--if Zell hasn't been declared (or a duel), any living enemy is one that can hurt you and they must be made dead. They're all fair game.

#53 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:14 AM

all enemy mechs must die with extreme prejudice, the quicker the better. helping your team destroy mechs is what its all about, Shoot To Thrill!...

#54 Ganja Ninja

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Just make sure that you're not firing through friendlies to get that kill shot. Even if a friendly intentionally walks into your line-of-fire to block your shots and steal your kill, you should still have the presence of mind to lay off that trigger until you've got a clear shot.

Anything else is fair game and I think we all realize that if you take a second to evaluate whether or not you're stealing a kill before your fire - you or your ally may end up as a smoking pile of debris.

#55 Barghest Whelp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationIn a loophole

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

That's a nice story, but it could easily have ended with a sad ending.

Imagine if you were nearly cored and your buddy runs off. Light cores you. How would you have felt then?

The fact is, I've seen this happen before, and because of this, I never leave an armed enemy behind, no matter how damaged or disabled he/she/it is. The only exception is if all their weapons are disabled. If a team mate "steals" my kill I'm all the happier, because then I can start hurting the next one.

#56 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostCaleb Lee, on 14 April 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

The most efficient thing you can do is kill the enemy mech as quickly as possible, regardless of who gets the kill.

That's if you have a 'team' mentality and want the team to win.

I see your point, but I don't respect pug matches enough to think that way, I don't even come close.
It's all a game, win lose or draw, - sure, I try to win, but I hear the same argument as above put forward all the time, and you know what I see?

I see hoards of pugs shooting each other, crawling over each other's corpses to be the one to bag that easy kill to improve their 0.0001 k/d like a bunch of desperate crackheads all scrabbling in the dirt and broken glass for the same dropped vial.
They cause more damage to each other, trying to get that kill than they ever will to the target.

It's... undignified. And it's not fun. This is not a job, where everyone must die or they'll come and murder your family. It's a game, and fighting (teamates) for kills isn't fun. Unless they're good. 1v1'ing anyone is fun if they're good.

So if it's a 2v1 situation, and we're up, I'll often sit back, and let the two remaining guys 1v1 each other.
If we win, we win. If our guy dies, then I'll step in and 1v1 him. If I lose, then WP to that guy, he just 1v1'ed two players in a row and deserves a GG WP.

Edited by BigJim, 15 April 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#57 RealityCube

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I don't care who gets a kill as long as the thing is dead. The only mech I'll ditch after making sure it's weaponless is a DDC. Most everything else will be put down with extreme prejudice even if they are only a walking center torso. Take my kills and I'll take yours, just make sure they are all dead.

#58 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Getting the final kill shot has many varieties. Just the other day, picked up a bogey atop a hill on Alpine. turned and lumbered up the hill, crested and low and behold 3 other friendlies were there shooting up this target. I waited a second, enemy survives, I waited one more, then pulled the friggin trigger. BZZZZZZZ "MaddMaxx killed ??????" So did I steal it, from whom exactly or did I just sorta move things along? :(

How long should one wait for the rest of the lads to clean up the mess? There was still other enemy Mechs to kill, times a wasting, lets get with it lads... :D

Edited by MaddMaxx, 15 April 2013 - 11:18 AM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users