Isn News Flash

19 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Mon. Apr 15, 3050: Celebrations begun on April 12th for Victor Steiner-Davion’s 20th birthday are still underway on some worlds.

#2 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

FREIBIIIIEEEER!!! :D

Some things never change :(

#3 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I wonder which nation Hanse will invade and what people he will murder in the tens of millions.

When Hanse Davion married Melissa Steiner they had created the largest and most powerful nation in the all the Successor States, nearly half the Inner Sphere belonged to them. And on the day of his wedding what did he do? He could have called for the end of all wars, he could have simply stated that he wanted a new era of peace, he could have called a meeting to discuss the reformation of the Star League.

Instead he chose his wedding as a moment to launch another Succession War, just what everyone wants on their wedding day, millions of deaths.

Hanse Davion murdered 100 million people and left another half-billion casualties in the Fourth Succession War alone! And if that were not enough for him, ten years later he went to war again.

Posted Image

Hanse Davion will probably celebrate his sons birthday by bathing in the blood of children!

#4 LinkIcefang

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

See, the thing is... That world without hate or war would have all its resources united. Such a unified world could pose a threat to us...

#5 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image

Also...

View PostPaintedWolf, on 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

I wonder which nation Hanse will invade and what people he will murder in the tens of millions.

[/b][/size]

Posted Image

Hanse Davion will probably celebrate his sons birthday by bathing in the blood of children!

Yes, because House Kurita are the picture of honor in war...

"Kurita soldiers, many armed with only pistols and swords,
executed over 52 million civilians on Kentares"

You Kurita sure are saints.....how bout the First Succession war you guys started...

"Casualties of the First Succession War were estimated at over a billion, most of them civilian. This number did not
even begin to account for the vast numbers who succumbed to famine, plague, exposure, and other disasters related to the collapse of technology."

Edited by Xie Belvoule, 15 April 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#6 Ialochin

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:09 AM

Was the 12th a holiday in Space Canada so you couldn't post then? Or did Comstar delay your message so you couldn't find out?

Edit: Canada => Space Canada

Edited by Ialochin, 15 April 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#7 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

Never trust Comstar to do the job of a loyal Davion.

http://mwomercs.com/...irthday-victor/

Of course I did bury it in Faction Talk, it would have probably gotten more traction in General Discussions. :(

Edited by Monsoon, 15 April 2013 - 11:56 AM.

#8 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

on a side note, isn't Victor fighting some kind of unknown enemy around this time? Something like a first encounter with these beings from beyond the stars????

#9 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

*grumblegrumble* Stuck in the Periphery... *grumblegrumble*

#10 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 15 April 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

You Kurita sure are saints.....how bout the First Succession war you guys started...

"Casualties of the First Succession War were estimated at over a billion, most of them civilian. This number did not
even begin to account for the vast numbers who succumbed to famine, plague, exposure, and other disasters related to the collapse of technology."

Yeah, but the people they killed weren't honorable, so that's cool bro

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

We Marik are proud to say that we mostly spilled our fellow countrymen's blood.

#12 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postverybad, on 15 April 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Yeah, but the people they killed weren't honorable, so that's cool bro

You speak of honor but you have none. How about the 52 million civilians you slaughtered on Kentares....Kurita dogs.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 15 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

You speak of honor but you have none. How about the 52 million civilians you slaughtered on Kentares....Kurita dogs.

See, those civilians didn't put up a fight. That's considered dishonorable in Kurita culture.

#14 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 April 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

See, those civilians didn't put up a fight. That's considered dishonorable in Kurita culture.

An astute observation my Marik friend.

#15 Ialochin

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 15 April 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Never trust Comstar to do the job of a loyal Davion.

pfffff...your fax system is slow as balls. And there are all those rumors that a certain TeddyK has had it breached since before '39...

#16 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

All of the House leaders in the upper-echelon are at least a little evil in their own unique way.. That's what keeps the constant war and mech carnage raging across the galaxy after all! Doesn't mean that every single person within any one of those factions is automatically evil.

#17 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

Well, in such environment it's only natural for people belonging to particular faction to turn to twin standards and protagonist-centered morality. It was well described in many books (incl. "1984" by Orwell), it's what actually happens IRL (I read a thread about Syrian Civil War on MilitaryPhotos.net, many comments are in this line). When enemy kills someone - it's always atrocity and terrorism (including attacks on our military targets), when we kill someone - either they deserved it, or it didn't happened and is just enemy's false propaganda.

Edited by Morang, 16 April 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#18 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

So, Victor's 20, eh? Wonder what they got him for his birthday. Probably a booster seat for his mech's command couch, so the shrimp can see over the command console when he's piloting.

:D

I kid, I kid (well, mostly). I'm sure he'll be a credit to both his realms when he takes his father and mother's places, starting unprovoked wars like a proper Davion and buying whatever he can't defeat like a proper Steiner.

Joking! Joking! Maybe. :P

No, but seriously, let's hope he takes over from his dad real soon now, because whatever the Fox might be, he's always been a cagey and sneaky opponent. I doubt Victor has his father's genius for making the right move at the most beneficial time, so any change in FedCom leadership would be a benefit to the Draconis Combine as far as I'm concerned. Hanse Davion may be an enemy, but he is an enemy who should be respected, less that lack of respect proves your undoing.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 16 April 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#19 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Congrats Vic I'm sure you'll be na fine ruler some day

#20 Jade Valor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPreparing for the worst

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 16 April 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

So, Victor's 20, eh? Wonder what they got him for his birthday. Probably a booster seat for his mech's command couch, so the shrimp can see over the command console when he's piloting.

:ph34r:

I kid, I kid (well, mostly). I'm sure he'll be a credit to both his realms when he takes his father and mother's places, starting unprovoked wars like a proper Davion and buying whatever he can't defeat like a proper Steiner.

Joking! Joking! Maybe. :(

No, but seriously, let's hope he takes over from his dad real soon now, because whatever the Fox might be, he's always been a cagey and sneaky opponent. I doubt Victor has his father's genius for making the right move at the most beneficial time, so any change in FedCom leadership would be a benefit to the Draconis Combine as far as I'm concerned. Hanse Davion may be an enemy, but he is an enemy who should be respected, less that lack of respect proves your undoing.

Agreed the Great Dragon dident get where they are now by underestimating there opponents, each threat is treated with respect and appropriate measures will be taken. the Dragon is Wise and we are no less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users