54 replies to this topic

#41 Mr Wizard

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationThe lands below sea level

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

So, all things considered: The spider wasn't dodging at all AND not registering damage.

Sounds like a disconnect to me.

#42 Erasus Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 383 posts
  • LocationUnited States Of Mind

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostThundercles, on 16 April 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I get beat to hell in my Spider. If I survive a match with more than 3 sections of armor intact, I call it a wonder. That said, I've generally held over my old Mechwarrior 4 skill of absorbing quite a bit of damage before I die. Back in my AK days I was a fire sponge so my lancemates could dish some real damage, it seemed like. Anywho, here are my spider stats.

Posted Image

Eastbound and down... loaded up and truckin...

same here. i found the spider 5d to be a pretty good damage sponge, because most people try to blow you out of the water, but because of the speed, its not very likely they succeed in doing so.
so you`ll find me most of the time jumping around, pecking at ones armor to get his/her attention and go completely nuts, movement-wise. works fine for me, except against those who can aim/have luck. especially ac 20 jagers b.l.o.w. me away (literally) quite often. do ac 20 rounds have splash damage?

Edited by Erasus Magnus, 16 April 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#43 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I understand what you're talking about, but its not spiders is light mechs in general. I notice it the most on the jenner personally. Feels like it takes as much damage as a heavy to kill it.

#44 Xenosphobatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostErasus Magnus, on 16 April 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

same here. i found the spider 5d to be a pretty good damage sponge, because most people try to blow you out of the water, but because of the speed, its not very likely they succeed in doing so.
so you`ll find me most of the time jumping around, pecking at ones armor to get his/her attention and go completely nuts, movement-wise. works fine for me, except against those who can aim/have luck. especially ac 20 jagers b.l.o.w. me away (literally) quite often. do ac 20 rounds have splash damage?

I'm not sure if they have splash damage, I do know that they have a GIGANTIC projectile, which aides actually managing to hit the target. Perhaps it damages all the components it contacts?

#45 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostCrazyJuan, on 16 April 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

cant begin to count how many times i've seen a spider take withering fire that should have killed it 10 times over. Its getting pretty obnoxious, because every spider pilot thinks hes some kinda mechwarrior ninja god when really its just that the mech is far far far tougher than it should be.

before anyone pipes up with oh youre just not hitting, or not keeping lasers on point long enough, ********. I just saw a spider who tried to run from a group of my teamates, my jenner is just as fast and I was under 200m distant so I was getting full damage from my 4 medium lasers. thats 20 points a cycle. the noob didnt jump, didnt turn just showed me his back, no buildings no hills no trees we were out in the water at the river delta. I put 4 lasers dead in his back probably 8 times because I run cool enough to do it in water no problem. He didnt turn at all. thats 160 pts of damage to the rear torso. Even if youre going to insist that i couldnt have been focusing it all on his rear, no spider should be able to survive that.

dunno if its just some lag ********, or if you hit a certain kph damage just stops applying but even after I worked his back that hard it and he ran afoul of 2 more heavies it took the other 2 mechs and me probably 3 more minutes of lighting him up like an xmas tree for him to die. ********, ******** ******** ********.

someone tell me the devs are aware that a spider shouldnt take more hits than an atlas to kill.

have they never played the paper game at all?

I hope you're embarrassed.

#46 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostXenosphobatic, on 16 April 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

I'm not sure if they have splash damage, I do know that they have a GIGANTIC projectile, which aides actually managing to hit the target. Perhaps it damages all the components it contacts?

Yeah, someone said it had a 1m diameter projectile for hit detection purposes? Can't find the post right now, of course.

#47 wirikidor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

My spider dies all the time... my arms get blown off all the time... my legs get blown out from under me all the time... of all my mechs my K/D ratio with the spider is worse than the others... if there is a secret to making my spider invincible like the OP suggests, please leave the instructions below... and thank you.

#48 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostRoland, on 16 April 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Last night, mid air, I saw a spider get hit by a bunch of folks simultaneously, have one of its legs ripped off, and then die to a gauss round through its chest... all before it hit the ground.

I'm thinking that it's not quite as invincible as the OP suggests.

One can never be too sure, Commander.

#49 Wildman13

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 92 posts
  • Locationseabrook, tx

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I see so many angry OP's lately.

Apparently a lot of people need to learn to recognize how good life is for them if their biggest problem in life is bugs in a beta online game about giant robots.

If you find yourself typing angry posts full of accusations, suspicions, and demands, stop and remind yourself that you're not in a hospital somewhere fighting to survive, or wondering where your next meal is going to come from, or if you can find a safe place to sleep tonight out of the rain.

#50 Thundercles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well, I can say that BSR makes spider life a lot more hazardous. Also, I lost 1kph off my top speed after the patch, inexplicably. I went from 148.5 to 147.5. ;)

#51 Stormur Herra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 16 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

yeah pgi the spider is getting out of hand with its 6 macine guns

you hardly ever see jenners or ravens any more

What's a spider?

#52 CrazyJuan

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostKlaus, on 16 April 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I hope you're embarrassed.

Oh, is that like when you were embarrassed for crying at me for 3 days when I got 2x your kills in a match? Embarrassed like that? LOL

View PostMr Wizard, on 16 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

So, all things considered: The spider wasn't dodging at all AND not registering damage.

Sounds like a disconnect to me.

Yea, I thought so at first too when he ignored 160 or so damage to his rear torsos , but when he started dodging the fire of the other two mechs that i chased him to and bragged about how many people it took to kill him it became clear that he really had just absorbed 8 or so blasts of 4x ml straight to his back. I've killed awesomes with less than that. Clearly there was some glitch, exploit, or netcode failure at work.

#53 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hey don't mess with Juan... he is crazy.

#54 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

There is 2 options for the OP here:
1) It's a hero spider with all of his armor stripped to the one plate at the back. ;)
2) They both where running faster then light and lasers didn't reached the target. :D

But really, this mech is a death-trap, fun one death-trap.

#55 Kaspirikay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

ITT: We treat OP like he's crazy in the coconut.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users