45 replies to this topic

#41 Ceesa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBoston, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostSir Wulfrick, on 16 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Is it me or has the jam rate of the U/AC been DRASTICALLY reduced?

I just tested this out with a triple UAC/5 Ilya, and OMG, THIS IS AMAZING! The jam rate is a million times lower now than it used to be. Quick, go try it out.

I had put dual gauss on my Ilya since the last patch where UACs got the jam nerf up their butts, but now I'm putting the UACs back on.

#42 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostRoland, on 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

Tonight is going to be epic.

View PostTruePoindexter, on 16 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Yikes - can you confirm that one cause that's kinda important. ;)

Done some more testing- PPC's and ER PPC's definitely aren't flaring directional warnings on my HUD. AC's DO actually flare a warning- or at least 20's, guass, and 10's do. Still working on getting data on the 5's and 2's. PPC's though, definitely not, at least out at 400+ meters. Still trying to get hit by only PPC's at closer ranges to confirm there isn't just a range element to it.

Edit: further testing indicates PPC's and ER PPC's do appear at closer ranges, and can appear at longer ranges. Wondering if the initial problem had more to do with lag than with an actual bug.

On Topic: One of the loading screen tips mentions a "report player" function. I don't think there was one before.

Edited by TheMadTypist, 16 April 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#43 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

The new small minimap sucks hard.

#44 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostWNxFireDrake, on 16 April 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I just tested this out with a triple UAC/5 Ilya, and OMG, THIS IS AMAZING! The jam rate is a million times lower now than it used to be. Quick, go try it out.

I had put dual gauss on my Ilya since the last patch where UACs got the jam nerf up their butts, but now I'm putting the UACs back on.

Nerf the UACs, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I now see tooltips on the loading screen which is about the single most helpful thing that is currently in the game for newbies.

View PostTie Ma, on 16 April 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

call them undocumented changes. nobody is intentionally hiding anything

Do you think that they are not tracking all bugfixes and additions internally? The only thing that keeps them from doing a copy/paste is intentionally not doing so. Whether it's due to them trying to hide incompetence (number of bugs and recurring bugs that were thought to be fixed) or laziness (can't be arsed to do decent patch notes for putative beta testers) they are both bad and very much intentional.

#46 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Despite the bugs, I overall like this patch.

- Highlander added, obviously

- Lances: now I have some idea where at least some of my team-mates are and what their condition is without having to look all over the battlefield or map. Also comes with easier to see colors!

- "Tool tips" when maps load. Given that this game has a reasonably steep learning curve for an FPS style game and no tutorials, this is at least a start. Would be nice to have a way to cycle through all the tool tips when in the Training Ground mode so you can try them all out while messing around and learning the game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users