#21 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostThomas McRiley, on 18 April 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Playing a Jenner at the moment, I can confirm this. all DMG is going to the CT. Even when hit in the back, the DMG is done to my front CT.
Please fix this soon, no fun to play in this way!

Same here, with every mech against streaks. It's always to the front CT. Annoying as hell. I want magical missiles too!

#22 Felix Reynolds

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't know what the policy of PGI is regarding posting correspondence from GM's to the forums, so I will refrain from doing so, but I will say that I did receive a reply a few days ago to a ticket I created which, paraphrased, boiled down to this-

"The bug isn't there, I just tested it by shooting Streaks at a mech and they only hit arms and legs, thanks!"

I immediately responded with direct links to the videos in the OP and further explained my belief of what is happening in game at the moment.

Since then, despite a less than 24 hour turnaround response to the first ticket...no response. Which I don't know whether to be disappointed by or hope that the silence is because they are doing (like we had to) further testing on the issue.

Edited by Felix Reynolds, 22 April 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#23 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

What you and we need to be doing is private messaging Paul. Overload his inbox, just like you would do with a government representative who you wanted to address an issue.

#24 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

Bumping this topic for Tuesday, April 23rd.

#25 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

I see no reason to assume that they haven't seen this, BlueSanta.

#26 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

I see no reason to assume they have. Not stopping until someone from PGI comes here and addresses it.

#27 XSerjo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think PGI will close this thread. "Just in case..."

And there're no plans for SSRM:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2281857

Edited by XSerjo, 23 April 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#28 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, apparently there is no problem. It's to the point where any mech with streaks starts firing on me, I give up. They all hit the same spot and you can never get away. Plus the screen shake is so bad you can't hardly shoot back.

#29 XSerjo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 23 April 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Yeah, apparently there is no problem. It's to the point where any mech with streaks starts firing on me, I give up. They all hit the same spot and you can never get away. Plus the screen shake is so bad you can't hardly shoot back.

Don't give up. Die with honor! You can strip all armor from streak-bаstard leg or even cut it off. This act will help your team more.

Edited by XSerjo, 24 April 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#30 bonapartist1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

I agree completely that Streaks are imbalanced and that they are literally "magic" in the sense that they don't follow reason or physics, and will hit the CT at least 80% of the time even when they clearly hit another component. This is more of a problem on lights for a number of reasons, and is no doubt one of the main reasons that IIRC only 10% of the population is playing any light mechs at all. And sadly, maybe half of those lights are lame players in Raven 3L's with SSRM, or other lights with 2 mounts like the X5.

Not to boast but I consider myself to a pretty damn good light pilot, and often score in the top three and not rarely take the top spot even though I'm in a 30 or 35 ton mech. It's because I really focus and really labor to make my shots count, to dance around my enemies, to hit and run and confuse and badger and slowly wear away, or to strike suddenly to sever an leg or arm to leave the crippled foe to my teammates. When I'm in my Jenner or Spider going 155 KPH zig zagging through enemies, that's what Mechwarrior is about for me at its best. When that experience is ruined by some guy a Streakcat barely, vaguely aiming at me and then letting loose 2 volleys of magical missiles that will always hit me in the center torso, and will defy physics to hit me even if they clearly would not have the agility to do so in many, many instances.

There used to at least be a cash disincentive to SSRM. Reloads were 10,000 CB and people have to consider if they wanted to pay for what is, let's be honest, basically a cheater weapon. The only time SSRM isn't an incredibly effective choice for its cost, weight, and mount choice is when you are A) outranged :( ECM blocked or C) attempting to brawl with heavily armed assault mechs, and even then you stand a very reasonable chance even in a silly Streakcat.

SSRM balance is just outta control, is what I'm trying to say, and the magical CT damage is a big part of that.

View PostXSerjo, on 24 April 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Don't give up. Die with honor! You can strip all armor from streak-bаstard leg or even cut it off. This act will help your team more.

That sounds almost half way reasonable the first time it happens, but by the 92nd time you're just getting reamed by an autoaiming, circling Raven 3L, all you want to do is get on the forum and tell Piranha to fix their broken-*** game.

Edited by bonapartist1, 24 April 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#31 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Bumping this for Thursday, April 25th.

#32 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Just wanted to add my voice to this thread, and a couple of my screenshots of my paperdoll after an encounter with a SSRM equipped mech in a light.

Spoiler

Please Devs, take another look at this!

#33 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

I completely agree with this and would love for the devs to fix it soon. When HSR for lasers was put in the jenner should have been better than the raven, but it's not. At best I can leg a raven before it kills me. Please fix.

#34 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Bumping this for Sunday, April 28th.

#35 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postohtochooseaname, on 19 April 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Jenners are actually a different case: pretty much everything hits their ct. In fact, you can run around with 1/4th the armor on the side torsos with XL engines, and almost never have a problem. If they actually hit your tiny, tiny side torsos, THAT would be out of character.

its like a small version of the catapult, your more likely (in both mechs cases) to die from headshots than side torso XL kills.

#36 Phaesphoros

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Bumping for more attention. One could argue about changing streaks now that we have HSR for lasers and ballistics, but certainly there's something wrong about 80 % CT auto-hitting weapons in a game that is supposed/intended to be skill-based.

Edited by Phaesphoros, 29 April 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#37 Felix Reynolds

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Unfortunately, we still have no official word as to whether this is indeed a 'bug', 'working as intended', or 'being worked on but not ready for fixing yet'. The ticket I myself submitted was met originally with strong assurances that this was no longer a bug, and after re-submitting the above videos directly and linking to the post by Paul regarding the missile hotfix, that answer changed to "there are issues with missiles that still need to be addressed", conveniently sidestepping whether or not this was in fact one of those issues.

The only request I can make is that anyone concerned also submit a ticket bringing this up, and once again ask any of the Mods/Devs running around here: is this a known bug, an unknown they're still gathering telemetry for, something that is working as intended, or something that should have been fixed and I'm somehow running around with an old build? Please and thank- any communication about this would be most welcome.

#38 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Just wanted to weigh in. I've been consistently noticing this behavior, and it's made playing my Jenners pretty unpleasant (they're the only light I own). I've switched to streaks on my 4SP and have been experiencing it from the other side now too. Some missiles will hit elsewhere, mostly if you're firing full-on side profile, but the vast majority concentrate on the CT.

#39 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bumping this for Thursday, May 2nd.

#40 Ronin13m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Was playing in my Highlander last night and found my self a unicorn (Streakcat) The streak missles seem to have reverted to an older form of flight path. What I mean by this is if you see the shot from the enemy they will be glued in to a guidence track for your CT. I have seen Streaks circle my mech 3-4 times just to land in the CT because I twisted away the secound I saw them leave the launcher.

When Streaks first launched this was common and then PGI made an adjustment to them and they seemed to flight in a straight line at the target. So you twist you jump they where going to hit but you had some control on where they hit. Now we seem to be back to the CT seaking missles of early open beta.

What I do not get is why they don't just act like homing missles. The Swarming that they currently do is not correct as there is no way those missles should be able to do a 360 degree turn even around a mech.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users