New Tips Screen. What Would You Like To See?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

I love the new tip screen! I learned something new tonight!

What tips and tricks would you like to see added to the tip screen?

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Hot tip: firing at the beginning of a match may be hazardous to your health. Remember, the pointy end goes towards the enemy, not your friends!

#3 AnnoyingCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationcat planet for cats

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

my game loads so fast that i miss that screen every time

#4 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

Tip: In a light mech, running in a straight line is suicide. Try juking from side to side and ducking behind terrain when moving.

Tip: Firing weapons generates heat. If you find that you are shutting down frequently, consider assigning your weapons to different triggers, or perhaps exercising some fire discipline.

Tip: Want to test a build? Don't shoot your team mates at the drop zone, take your mech into the Testing Grounds instead.

Tip: In Conquest, pay attention to the scores at the top of the screen. If either side reaches 750 points the game ends.

Tip: Arm weapons fire where the arm reticle is, and torso weapons fire where the torso reticle is. Learn to watch both. As a handy bonus, there is a line connecting the two so you should never lose your arm reticle.

Tip: If you see a member of the PGI staff on your team, defend him with your life! The enemy will do their best to kill him, even if it loses them the battle.

Tip: If you see a member of the PGI staff on the enemy team, don't spend all your efforts trying to kill him. Better to win the battle than to secure a single celebrity kill and lose.

Tip: Zoom out when the enemy is close. It is virtually impossible to hit an evading enemy at point-blank range while at maximum zoom.

Tip: Fighting a light while piloting a heavy or assault? Reverse throttle and switch the direction of your turn to intercept his movement path. This will consistently give you opportunities to shoot the enemy, and will help to prevent him from camping behind you and killing you ignominiously. A handy bonus tip is to aim low. If you leg a light his speed drops immensely, and destroying both legs is a kill. An ancillary bonus tip is that if you shoot an already-destroyed leg, it transfers the hit to the attached side torso. Since almost all lights use XL engines, this can result in a relatively fast kill.

#5 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Tip: When considering freeing weight by upgrading structure or armor, always upgrade structure to Endo-Steel first. Ferro-Fibrous does not give back as much weight even in the best case scenario as Endo-Steel does.

#6 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

As a light mech without ECM, never ever get within 270 meters of any enemy mech mounting SSRM2 launchers or else you will die. Painfully.

Double Heat Sinks will make your mech better in every possible way for a nominal C-Bill fee.

Never, ever shoot a light mech above their waist line if you intend on killing them any time soon.

The 6MG Spider has a devastating effect on the back of an Atlas.

Alpha striking > DPS. Every time.

Don't chase the squirrel!

Big things come in small packages. Never underestimate enemy light mechs.

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Edited by FupDup, 16 April 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#7 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostFupDup, on 16 April 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

The 6MG Spider has a devastating effect on the back of an Atlas.

We need a nice mw themed pic to go with this, a speech bubble and its ready to frame on my wall.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostChavette, on 16 April 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

We need a nice mw themed pic to go with this, a speech bubble and its ready to frame on my wall.

Posted Image

Made it myself in GIMP. How did I do? :D

#9 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Need an atlas back in the picture

#10 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

take highlander, stand behind cover, hold space, shoot, rinse, repeat

This is why PGI has decided not to implement 3rd person, since understanding torso twist or running into things is no longer relevant.

#11 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I saw an actual tip advising me to download the C3 addon, because "Teamwork = Undefeatable"

Edited by Barnaby Jones, 16 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#12 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostBarnaby Jones, on 16 April 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I saw an actual tip advising me to download the C3 addon, because "Teamwork = Undefeatable"

Wouldn't it be better if C3 was part of the client and not something you needed to download separate? Then we could finally get those pugs organized!

Sorta.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users