Hud Bug And Map Bug Still Existing

23 replies to this topic

#1 Muhvi

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Got HUD problem, no hud at all still with latest patch. I also got map which didn't point in right direction and kepting turning with my torso.

#2 zmeul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBuzau, Romania

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

I confirm the no map bug
also:
- when this bug occurs, the lance mates location is shown with "??" instead of grid location
- battle grid is not functional while this map bug is present

#3 The Strange

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

I got the same thing. I was hoping that these bugs would have been fixed in this patch.

#4 Matthew Craig

Technical Director

• 867 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2247592

#5 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

Lost map in one match. No IFF in another match. Some team-members still disappear from the map once you lose line of sight aso. ;)

#6 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

First match in over a week since crashing and hud bugs were hitting me hard from last patch...

Posted Image

Yellow throttle bar would actually go from top to bottom of my screen sometimes.

And third match...

Posted Image

No minimap and players not being shown in my lance.

Posted Image

Zoomed out mini map, I get this so much it seems intentional.

After about 15 matches, 2 major bugs and a lot of minimap zoom issues, no crashes.

Edited by Leguvan, 16 April 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

For me, a Radeon user, all of the map and hud bugs are completely gone from my crossifre Radeon 6870 setup.

Every person who has mentioned a map bug who I have had a chance to ask them: "Do you have an Nvidia card" or "What card do you have?" Answers have been "Yes" and "Nvidia" every time.

Food for thought. Any Radeons suffering this?

Edit: Specified "Map" and "HUD" bugs.

Edited by Koniving, 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#8 PsychoSick

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Please don't put in your patch notes that you fixed a bug unless you truely have fixed it. Thanks...

#9 ravineh

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Food for thought. Any Radeons suffering this?.

yes it does, have more hud bugs since last patch than ever.
Map being zoomed out like hell, making you feel that the targets are just around the corner, while being 200 m away.
Grid sizes, being different from map to map.
it's just damn hard to play.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

It took me over 7 hours of play to finally encounter two bugs. One was a missing map, the other was the no IFF bug...only removing enemy triangles and target brackets/boxes. It was as if the entire enemy team had ECM even though none of them had ECM mechs. The fact that the no IFF bug happened on River City Night didn't help matters for my AC/20 Raven. With Night Vision I found it hard to see my enemies, and with the range nerf on Thermals I couldn't see them despite them being within 400 meters in the water. I was completely and utterly helpless and did not like that.

#11 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Check out the NEW HUD bug mini map edition.
I have had MANY HUD, Map and IFF bugs. Never saw this one till after the patch.
Look at the mini map.

#12 ChaosAptom

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

got a new one too(at least for me), flickering compass and map, switching position fast from left to right, very disorientating.

#13 MadAndrew

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Hey, devs. Disappointed, I've been looking into the whole minimap missing issue a bit myself. By enabling gfx_uiaction_log and cycling through Training Grounds I managed to hit the bug a number of times and identified the following snippet that is missing from every minimap problem case log.

[UIAction] HUD (0): Function invoked: SetNextChainFireWeapon (_root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcLayout.SetNextChainFireWeapon) - Args: 5|-1 - Res: UNDEFINED
[UIAction] HUD (0): Event onGridLoaded (onGridLoaded) sended (args: )
[UIAction] HUD (UI->System): Event sent "OnGridLoaded" (args: )
[UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement set flag 2 to 0
[UIAction] BattleGrid (System->UI): Event sent "ShowBattleGrid" (args: 0)
... bunch of [UIAction] HUD (0): Function invoked: UpdateBattleGridMarker ...
[UIAction] HUD (0): Function invoked: ShowBattleGrid (_root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcLayout.ShowBattleGrid) - Args: 0 - Res: UNDEFINED
======== forestcolony_snow is loaded in 26.3 sec ========

I guess onGridLoaded event and what follows should be triggered somewhere in LoadMiniMap function that is being always called with seemingly correct parameters in my logs. Like:

[UIAction] HUD (0): Function invoked: LoadMiniMap (_root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcLayout.LoadMiniMap) - Args: Levels\forestcolony_snow\forestcolony_snow.dds|2800.000000|2800.000000 - Res: UNDEFINED

Looking at the UI flow graph and Libs\UI\HUD\BattleGrid\BattleGrid.gfx disassembly I can see that LoadMiniMap() function calls a MovieClipLoader and returns right away, leaving the whole minimap initialization process to continue via one of the callbacks from the MovieClipLoader. The onMapLoaded() callback finishes the minimap init and triggers the onGridLoaded fscommand. Is that correct? There's also a separate code path - onMapLoadError() - that is supposed to retry up to 5 times, which may be a possible workaround for some common problem.

Don't know much about Flash apart from it being a horrible environtment to program in. But following are my random thoughts, so hope I'm not wasting your time. Would you be so kind to clarify, please:

1) Is there a way to see the output of trace() calls from the ActionScript code in the game logs? That would confirm whether a retry happens at all and in which case.

2) Although onMapLoaded() does not branch, can it still fail before fscommand?

3) Since RetryLoadMap() calls LoadMiniMap() again with only 1 paratemer (not 3), could this lead to m_fDistX and m_fDistY being overwritten with undef / garbage?

4) While MovieClipLoader is initialised once in Init(), LoadMiniMap() adds a listener on every call, but a listener is removed only on successful onMapLoaded(). What happens when RetryLoadMap() calls LoadMiniMap() in retry - does this lead to the same object listening multiple times and duplicate callbacks? Can MovieClipLoader handle retries without resetting its state somehow?

5) Since you mentioned that the problem is very hard to fix and may not be in the ActionScript code mentioned above, could updating to the latest cryengine 3.4.5 help? It is a very complex product and every point release brings dozens of bug fixes. Looks like you may still be at 3.4.1, potentially hundreds of fixes behind, if you're not compiling a custom version of the engine yourself. Not that following minor releases should be that complicated. Or does it involve some kind of licensing issues? I'm just curious.

Thank you for attention.

Edited by MadAndrew, 17 April 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#14 FREDtheDEAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSouth Autstralia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I think the HUD bugs, many and varied and frequent, can be filed under "known problem."

Wouldn't it be handy for the developers if all the logs were automatically harvested by the patch launcher each day instead of having lots of bug reports and no log files or other helpful info with them? Probably the wrong thread for such musings...

Edited by Xajorkith, 17 April 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#15 Muhvi

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostDishevel, on 17 April 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

Check out the NEW HUD bug mini map edition.
I have had MANY HUD, Map and IFF bugs. Never saw this one till after the patch.
Look at the mini map.

I had similar bug, except the map get spinning around like 180 degrees when i turned torso a bit. It was totally useless.

#16 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostMuhvi, on 16 April 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Got HUD problem, no hud at all still with latest patch. I also got map which didn't point in right direction and kepting turning with my torso.

Have that same bug after this latest patch, it happens about 50% of the time on various maps and mechs.

#17 Diabolus Ipse Sum

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

I have a problem with the minimap not orienting itself properly when turning and torso twisting

I think this bug occurs about 30% of my sessions (I've played maybe 6 rounds since patch so sampling bias will figure into this)

Excuse the audio in the background; I was watching Twitch sessions

Edited by Diabolus Ipse Sum, 18 April 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#18 The Strange

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 238 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostKoniving, on 16 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

For me, a Radeon user, all of the map and hud bugs are completely gone from my crossifre Radeon 6870 setup.

Every person who has mentioned a map bug who I have had a chance to ask them: "Do you have an Nvidia card" or "What card do you have?" Answers have been "Yes" and "Nvidia" every time.

Food for thought. Any Radeons suffering this?

Edit: Specified "Map" and "HUD" bugs.

I get hud bugs, and I run a Radeon 7850 with the latest drivers. I have tried rollbacks, beta, and stable release, same bugs with all of them.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

It took 7 hours for me to experience my first bug. Relogging the game more often helps.

#20 Romansky

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

From patch to patch, situation with HUD/minimap is worse and worse.... one week ago i had 1/10 game with minimap or HUD problem... Now, huh, if i have 3-4 from 10 games w/o any bugs or errors.

Edited by Romansky, 18 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users