219 replies to this topic

#41 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostKinLuu, on 16 April 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Delays are the most normal thing to happen. I expect clans to be ready for release early 2015.

That would put it 2 and a half years after you put money in for your founders pack. would hope you mean 2014 :s

#42 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 16 April 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

That would put it 2 and a half years after you put money in for your founders pack. would hope you mean 2014 :s

No.

I expect CW to be a total mess on release and that it will take at least the whole of 2014 to get it working right.

#43 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 17 April 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

No.

I expect CW to be a total mess on release and that it will take at least the whole of 2014 to get it working right.

well... fatalism keeps you from disappointment i guess :)

#44 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 17 April 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

well... fatalism keeps you from disappointment i guess :)

I played a game called Navyfield for over 6 years. It had a community warfare mode called harbour assault, in which "fleets" could fight each other for control of a harbour. It took them years to get it working. And they never got it working smoothly.

Have no illusions. If they struggle that much with the HUD and the UI, they will struggle even more with a CW system.

#45 KingDerp

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

It just slays me how amateur PGI is.

Why start the whole 3050 timeline crapola if clans are not coming in that timeline ?

Either way, I don't think this game can last long enough to ever see them implement CW
and clans.

They have run out of monetization ideas as evidenced by the laughable "champion".

#46 zmeul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBuzau, Romania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

1 year 'till clans ...
Posted Image

#47 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

You do understand that "within" 6 months and "in" 6 months mean 2 entirely different things right?

#48 Noob Weapons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

Imagine if bungee released a game that took place before Spartans were introduced..

The game is amazing in many ways, but thousands of 13 year olds cry to bungee daily begging for their fancy Spartans.

"We wont spend anything on your game till you give me master chief!"

"Where's my energy shields! This game sucks! I want my money back!"
The sane people realize that if they did introduce Spartans then all the marines the developers worked to create would become useless overnight, noone would want to play them because they got their master chief.

If the developers knew what they were doing, they would have made this game JUST have Spartans, or state clearly that it would JUST contain marines.

Now, take everything I just said, and replace 'Spartan' with 'clan mech'. Then replace 'Marine' with 'Inner Sphere Mech'.

What do we replace 'Master Chief' with? 'Mad Cat' of course.

#49 Loler skates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostTuku, on 17 April 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

You do understand that "within" 6 months and "in" 6 months mean 2 entirely different things right?

is this the same as saying 90 days after open beta?

#50 zmeul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBuzau, Romania

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostTuku, on 17 April 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

don't you mean "We're not quite sure on the full details yet because we're just focused on launch right now but it will happen probably within the first six months after launch" ?????

ps: PGI, can I haz U'r stuff pls :)

Edited by zmeul, 17 April 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#51 Loler skates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostNoob Weapons, on 17 April 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

Imagine if bungee released a game that took place before Spartans were introduced..

The game is amazing in many ways, but thousands of 13 year olds cry to bungee daily begging for their fancy Spartans.

"We wont spend anything on your game till you give me master chief!"

"Where's my energy shields! This game sucks! I want my money back!"
The sane people realize that if they did introduce Spartans then all the marines the developers worked to create would become useless overnight, noone would want to play them because they got their master chief.

If the developers knew what they were doing, they would have made this game JUST have Spartans, or state clearly that it would JUST contain marines.

Now, take everything I just said, and replace 'Spartan' with 'clan mech'. Then replace 'Marine' with 'Inner Sphere Mech'.

What do we replace 'Master Chief' with? 'Mad Cat' of course.

because its impossible to make a game mode where the number of combatants is asynchronos and thus both teams are balanced despite one side having technically better weapons?

This isn't world of tanks where higher tier tanks can be immune to weapons from lower tier.

it's much easier to balance this game than it is WoT, yet WoT seems to do a better job of it for the most part :/

#52 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

dudes, we don't even have solid mini maps and HUD functions. you think this clan thing is comin out soon? and if it does, a whole host of bugs with it? heheheheh

having said that, it does sound fun. giving meaning to the clans and the battles.

#53 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 16 April 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Star citizen will be out before MWO adds clans.

The more important thing is - Shadowrun Returns will release before MW:O is released.

#54 Noob Weapons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostLoler skates, on 17 April 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

because its impossible to make a game mode where the number of combatants is asynchronos and thus both teams are balanced despite one side having technically better weapons?

This isn't world of tanks where higher tier tanks can be immune to weapons from lower tier.

it's much easier to balance this game than it is WoT, yet WoT seems to do a better job of it for the most part :/

So you're saying that clan teams will have less members on their team?

Okay, sure, that will work if 30% of the community wants to pilot clan mech, and 70% want to pilot inner sphere.. But wait..

If I were to ask someone if they would rather pilot a catapult or a mad cat, which do you think they would choose? Seriously, it is like choosing between a marine or a Spartan. I would go as far as to say if I started a poll, 80% would choose clan mech, and maybe 20% would choose inner sphere.

So, what does that leave us? 20% of people will play on the 12 man team, while 80% will play on the 8 man team. This means LONG matchmaking ques, effectively slowing the game to a crawl. In general, adding clans to a game that already contains Inner sphere mech and expecting them to be balanced does not work.

So what do they do? Change cannon. Do you know how many angry posts were made when they decided to double armor? What do you think people will say when the all-powerful Mad Cat is now just as strong as the average Catapult?

People will cry for their clans, and PGI will give them to them because they lose money otherwise. But really, the game should have been made with only clan mech if that was the case, because now there is a conundrum that they have to solve, that I really don't see coming to fruition without a hard road.

#55 Loler skates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 17 April 2013 - 01:58 AM, said:

The more important thing is - Shadowrun Returns will release before MW:O is released.

Good point thats likely to keep me away for at least a few months

View PostNoob Weapons, on 17 April 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

So you're saying that clan teams will have less members on their team?

Okay, sure, that will work if 30% of the community wants to pilot clan mech, and 70% want to pilot inner sphere.. But wait..

If I were to ask someone if they would rather pilot a catapult or a mad cat, which do you think they would choose? Seriously, it is like choosing between a marine or a Spartan. I would go as far as to say if I started a poll, 80% would choose clan mech, and maybe 20% would choose inner sphere.

So, what does that leave us? 20% of people will play on the 12 man team, while 80% will play on the 8 man team. This means LONG matchmaking ques, effectively slowing the game to a crawl. In general, adding clans to a game that already contains Inner sphere mech and expecting them to be balanced does not work.

So what do they do? Change cannon. Do you know how many angry posts were made when they decided to double armor? What do you think people will say when the all-powerful Mad Cat is now just as strong as the average Catapult?

People will cry for their clans, and PGI will give them to them because they lose money otherwise. But really, the game should have been made with only clan mech if that was the case, because now there is a conundrum that they have to solve, that I really don't see coming to fruition without a hard road.

I heard there was absolutely no clan in fighting... (cough MW2)

#56 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 16 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Guys, guys, guys.... Obviously WarCry misquoted them or misunderstood what Bryan was saying.

My question is.... WTF have they been doing all this time!?!?

Cockpit items and cammo?

#57 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

1 year till clans seems right, as we should have some time to practice faction play. As for the timeline its kind of a balance of what do they spoil as far as how they intend to do it.

#58 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

I`m impatiently waiting for my dire wolf, but I don`t see the problem.

Tukkayid is more than 2 years away from today.

The clans didn suddenly magically materialize in the Inner Sphere, they had to get through the periphery first. Even with jumpships and no resistance, that would take months.

I have absolutely no problem waiting another year for "my" mech as long I I get something more to do than just test the engine ad absurdum in the meantime, like testing the first implementations of CW in (hopefully) a few weeks.

I ALWAYS expected: a working Inner Shere 3050 with normal House and Merc conflicts on a large scale in September... and just when everybody thinks they`re alone, the Clans come and tear everyone a new one.

When you know your community well enough, you can start to use the way they react to things "against" them to your advantage, like for ex CW full blown in september, sometime towards teh end of the years we will be approaching teh (canon) first Solaris... people will be harping, mopaning, groaning, flaming, and talking trash about how the devs are going to screw up Solaris and how we reall need a good, well thought out arena system....

And then suddenly in the distance, the Wolves begin to howl in the night and Falcons appear in the sky. ;)

I dare to theorize that that may have even been the plan from day 1.

Edited by Zerberus, 17 April 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#59 NaerahQc

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

It's understandable that PGI want and need to make money, after all, it's a buisness. To watch them sacrifice their integrity for money, it's another story...

#60 Deraxio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 543 posts
  • LocationDa wo ich lebe

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

no more money to pay there are clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users