150 replies to this topic

#61 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostFatDaddy, on 17 April 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Honestly, I didn't read most of your retort and your crying. I am a 40 year old man who has been playing electronic games since the 70's. I've been on the cutting edge on gaming for almost 30 years. Your tears are so familiar and redundant to me.

It's a frigging beta. I admit I'm not a Founder, although I absolutely would be if I had caught wind of the game back then.

All of the whining and crying in this thread and most of the other tearfests on the forms are so stinking familiar and redundant that I'm past being nice about refuting them.

Are you upset about poptarts? QQ and leave the players that are having fun alone. Nobody worthwhile gives 2 cents to the constant crying and complaining that goes on here. It's not new, it's not relevant, and it's not helpful.

I'm an 18 year old kid, I've been playing video games religiously since I was five, and I think you sound rude, immature, and generally just like a total ***. (With all due respect, of course.) "It's a frigging beta" he says. THIS MAKES THE OP'S COMPLAINING EVEN MORE VALID. He is a "frigging beta" TESTER for God's sake. We all are. Complaining is what he SHOULD do, what we should ALL do when we think we've found an error or issue. It's how you make things better. I do not mean to "troll" you, I don't want to make you angry, but come on. Talk about not being relevant or helpful. You just sound colossally arrogant. The condescension dripping off of that post is astounding. If you're that upset sir, I advise you to quit following the thread. Like, for your health. Again, no offense.

Edited by Senior Knight Steele, 17 April 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#62 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

My team was full of poptarts too...

I still dont see the issue here, this is just a fad and will stop once everyone realizes how ineffective poptarting really is...
its just the most popular tactic for a new mech that few have had any or much experience with...

#63 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postyashmack, on 17 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

I still dont see the issue here, this is just a fad and will stop once everyone realizes how ineffective poptarting really is...
its just the most popular tactic for a new mech that few have had any or much experience with...

How dare you come in here all calm and rational :)
lol

#64 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postyashmack, on 17 April 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

The number of highlanders will sure die down but I really doubt brawling will go back in favor until missiles are changed. Until then I think PGI should do something. Either buff something or nerf something.

#65 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 17 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Actually it did not..My opinion anyways.The Dev team could learn a lot from the older MW Titles especially on allowing User Made Maps

Nah, it sucked. I've played every iteration of MW and... MW 4 just makes me cringe.

#66 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

The issue will resolve itself when the new toy comes out. Right now, the Highlander is a great poptart, therefore you will see a lot of it. If you're having issues with killing poptarts, I suggest you maintain greater battlefield awareness, and shoot them after they alpha. For phracts, aim for the torso with Gauss. You blow that, you kill them (if they have an XL), or at least take away 2 out of 3 guns. Same principle for Highlanders, all the weapons are situated on one side.

#67 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

The number of highlanders will sure die down but I really doubt brawling will go back in favor until missiles are changed. Until then I think PGI should do something. Either buff something or nerf something.

Missiles are still quite effective imo, they do need to be buffed a bit to bring them back in line but theyre not far off
I consistently get over 400 damage per round with my dual LRM15 Artemis CAT A1
mostly thanks to all the poptarts XD

#68 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

View PostDavers, on 17 April 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Really dude? Flexing your e-muscles is kinda silly. Not a good advertisement for your Corp.

It depends on the type of players I'm looking to attract. I'm not looking for spineless wimps who are afraid of standing up for changes to game balance that will make MWO a better game. There are other corps those players can join where the leaders are so afraid of damaging their image that they try to restrict anything their members can say or do.

Anyway this is a bit off topic, so I'll continue with some comments actually related to this thread.

Currently with the weakened state of LRMs and SRMs the game balance favors high alpha builds. Combine this with a new mech that is capable of jump sniping and the current problem results. Sure it might be fun if you enjoy that playstyle but it doesn't lead to a healthy game. I am taking the side requesting that balance be returned to the game. This doesn't mean the only fix is nerfing jump snipers, the fix might be making SRMs and LRMs useful again.

#69 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostZylo, on 17 April 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

the fix might be making SRMs and LRMs useful again.

which the devs have already said will happen
the nerf was temporary to fix a bug with splash damage

I also find the rest of your post asinine, lol
I would never join your corps

#70 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I absolutely get and understand that in the current meta lots of people are poptarting and this irritates you.

It's not new though nor is it permanent. Relax.

For a while it was LRMs, or SRMs, or dual AC20 catapults, or whatever. People go through flavors. They see something that seems to work and instead of adapting to beat it they adopt it and hope to exploit it.

That's the nature of any sort of online game like this. There is no 'fix', there's just adaptation. Poptarts are not that tough. They justify LRMs, which work well in dealing with them. So do dual AC20s. Or counter-sniping. They lack mobility on the field and suffer badly at the hands of decent brawlers. My 733C seems to be doing particularly well with them.

You know that though. You know how to kill poptarts; they're not that tough. They're overly simplified builds that cater to mid level skill pilots with a lot of map familiarity. Similar to 6 PPC stalkers, splatapults or the like. Not trying to insult anyone just pointing out that they're one trick pony builds designed to exploit other peoples lack of familiarity with the concept. As people get better at killing poptarts they'll fade away again and some new FOTM will come up.

Don't sweat it. Also absolutely do NOT ask PGI to constantly rebalance for FOTM builds. That creates a ton of issues of its own. They just need to balance the game, the weapons, mechs and gear consistently and everything else will sort itself.

#71 Samurai Pumpkin

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

In the tabletop are you allowed to fire on the same turn that you use jumpjets?

#72 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

This sounds a lot like "Hills are OP!"

Perhaps actually the closest thing to it I've ever heard on these forums.

Carry on.

#73 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 17 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

This sounds a lot like "Hills are OP!"

Perhaps actually the closest thing to it I've ever heard on these forums.

Carry on.

I think there actually was a 100% serious "Hills are OP" thread a couple of weeks back. It's probably in K-Town now :)

#74 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 17 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

Actually it did not..My opinion anyways.The Dev team could learn a lot from the older MW Titles especially on allowing User Made Maps

Would that be the same User Made Maps that made poptarting famous in the first place? :)

#75 August55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostDegeneratePervert, on 17 April 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

The issue will resolve itself when the new toy comes out.

This game appears to be a great example of that. This is merely another "Nerf X" thread that'll turn into something else. Heaven forbid something like Inferno Rockets show up in MWO.

#76 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostSamurai Pumpkin, on 17 April 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

In the tabletop are you allowed to fire on the same turn that you use jumpjets?

Yup. But at a +3 penalty. But using JJ made you harder to hit as well.

#77 Sahoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • 268 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sadly, the easiest way to avoid Poptartwarrior and PPCstalker warrior is to PUG and essentially run medium class mechs. I don't think you're ever going to get a truly high ELO in a medium mech because you give up tonnage/weapons to Heavies/Assaults and lights stick to picking you off when you're weak.

Whenever I run in a 4man the competition level is fierce - then I pug around in the YLW and seem to get the trial mech leftovers or other opponents who are not fed the more dangerous stompy robot configs and do well.

#78 yashmack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 802 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostSahoj, on 17 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Sadly, the easiest way to avoid Poptartwarrior and PPCstalker warrior is to PUG and essentially run medium class mechs. I don't think you're ever going to get a truly high ELO in a medium mech because you give up tonnage/weapons to Heavies/Assaults and lights stick to picking you off when you're weak.

Whenever I run in a 4man the competition level is fierce - then I pug around in the YLW and seem to get the trial mech leftovers or other opponents who are not fed the more dangerous stompy robot configs and do well.

this makes me want to cry...

#79 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postyashmack, on 17 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

which the devs have already said will happen
the nerf was temporary to fix a bug with splash damage

I also find the rest of your post asinine, lol
I would never join your corps

The problem isn't that the devs said changes will be made, the problem is that HSR for ballistics was introduced at the same time as a jump sniper capable mech while weapon systems that could be effective counters were still in a weakened state.

The devs had to see this problem coming and maybe it's intentional to drive demand for the HM hero mech.

About not joining that really doesn't concern me, I wasn't trying to recruit you anyway.

#80 Samurai Pumpkin

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostDavers, on 17 April 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

Yup. But at a +3 penalty. But using JJ made you harder to hit as well.

Thank you.

45 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users