To Anyone Who Doubts 'poptarts' Are An Issue

150 replies to this topic

#141 Loler skates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostLiquidx, on 17 April 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

It's probably already been said, but in case it hasn't. (I'm not reading 8 pages of this **** topic)..

Complaining about people abusing one mechanic (jump & shoot) is pretty damned ironic coming from someone who is clearly abusing another mechanic (stacking large lasers + coolant flushes).

Get rid of the ability to alpha strike / shoot multiple weapons with a single button press and you solve both problems..

edit: hah. guy right above me said it.. figures.

no you don't because If you try that i'll write a little macrofor my keyboard to do the same thing with one button press.

much like hldm where I had the xbow snipe script to zoom, shoot, unzoom at a single button press.

#142 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

If you don't see this EVERY game then I don't know what to tell you, because I sure do. Maybe your elo is in the dumpster, maybe you're just lucky. But I'm sick of it.

Also don't waste anyone's time with immature 'just adapt' comments.

I don't see this EVERY game, and you're right. You have no clue what to tell me.
Maybe your elo is in the dumpster, or maybe you're just unlucky. One thing is clear. You should learn to adapt.
And I'm not talking about being able to play the sniping game right back, or the boating game we see in your video. If you don't like the way something is played, stop playing it that way. Explore, try out new builds, find yourself designs that are balanced--that actually incorporate more than one kind of weapon. You know, adapt.

But beside my immature comments, I do think sniping is becoming a little heavy in-game. Personally, I think it's because we aren't given enough viable alternatives to the sniping game--and that therefore the devs might consider buffing missiles back up a little or making shorter-range ballistics more viable, together with (maybe?) some convergence tweaks.

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'd be in a light or AC/20 Jager if it was worth it right now, but it's not.

It's always fun to read these posts--what exactly defines 'worth it?' If you want a certain win every time you must lead a very boring gaming life. Learn2challenge.

#143 Blacke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts
  • Location3rd Takata Lancers

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

There is no mech in this game that is so uber or OP that it can't be countered with proper tactics.

#144 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Who says you can't brawl?

Half my Highlander configs are straight up brawlers that dominate the poptarts. Hell most of my configs are straight up brawlers. Occasionally I feel like doing a little long range and sniping myself, but find wasting tons 2 to 8 tons on jump jets is kind of nuts. Actually I usually do have a single jet on most mechs so I can jump turn or get over small obstacles, but consider anything more robbing me of power or heat sinks.

Played a match earlier today with my brawling Highlander and wiped out 4 mechs inside a minute towards the end of the match, got 5 kills overall and the guys who were spectating me were taking notes.

Sure you can try beating scissors with scissors and have a 50/50 chance....I just bring a rock and smack them around.

#145 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Posted Image

P.S. Pop Tarts are never an issue. Look at their yummy goodness.

Edited by IceCase88, 18 April 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#146 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Poptarting is awful and only done by awful people. I'll run my Jenner and try to cap as much as possible until its fixed. Normally I don't cap, only try to split the enemy up.... but for now its capping time.

#147 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 18 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

the whole point of having Jump Jets.

The whole point of having jump jets should be to move in difficult terrain, reach places that non-jump jet mechs cannot. Instead we have a bunch of clowns playing Whac-A-Mole. Just when I thought the game could not get any worse the horrid player base manages to surprise me again.

Edited by Ilwrath, 18 April 2013 - 12:47 AM.

#148 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 18 April 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Jump sniping = Part of the fluff. Referenced over and over throughout Btech fiction.
Jump sniping = Supposed to be apart of the game (hence the +3 modifier; you're not simulating landing then shooting.)

Yet, because it doesn't fit your personal view of what you personally want, it's "not how it's supposed to be."

I don't know jack **** about mech warrior fluff and I don't care. I see that it makes the game worse and it seems I still care a little about that.

#149 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:53 AM

The increased amount of poptarts have made my 3L-ERPPC extremely fun to play. Just flank and get to their rear. Fire them in the back when they stand behind that ridge/building prepairing for next jump. Oh, and step on the cap just for the LoL... Adapt and overcome.

#150 Mack1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Its because missiles suck so bad now that they're not viable as a weapon so that limits it to ER Large, PPC's and Gauss for long range.

This is exactly correct, I was going to post the same reply. LRM's are worthless, so much so that when I get the Inc Missile warning I just ignore it, a full salvo of them hardly even take the paint off never mind the armour. Why use valuable space and tonnage on a worthless weapon.

#151 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

Closed, as the involved parties seem to have forgotten, that we have a Code of Conduct they agreed to follow when they signed up for the game and forum.

55 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 55 guests, 0 anonymous users