Many Thanks To Pgi For Mwo!

5 replies to this topic

#1 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

First of all, just to be clear - no, this is not a disguised joke post to rage about MWO and/or PGI - it's a genuine post to thank PGI for bringing MWO to us Mechwarrior and Battletech veterans and to the masses out there.

Despite the many (game-breaking) bugs that I have come across so far in MWO, I've actually met many good teammates through group and Clan play. On TS3 channels, besides discussing various builds and tactics in MWO, we would also discuss things that are not MWO to make it more interesting.

Even though the game is still in beta and not without its faults, I'd be able to say that I've enjoyed myself when playing MWO and yes there are many moments where I've had just about enough but I truly enjoy all things Mechwarrior - and it keeps me coming back to try out new builds - especially now with the firing delays removed - try out new tactics as well with ballistics and PPCs and developing new playstyles to be effective in them.

To all my teammates and Clan members thank you for being a good sport and also assisting me through the game and providing invaluable tips and it's also great to watch crack pilots in action racking up kills after kills.

TL:DR: Yes this game has issues, but in a long time. we now have a modern Mechwarrior game that we can enjoy with teammates after a hard day's work!

Also have to add that all the mechs in the game look and move great and even after thousands of matches I still enjoy looking at them and the different camo builds that players come up with on their mechs!.

#2 Noob Weapons

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

No hate? No disgusted posts about ppc and/or gauss use? No reasons why you're quitting the game? No yelling at PGI to fix the bugs? No telling them to nerf this and buff that?

Sir, you must be in the wrong forums, as this behavior is unheard of here.

Edited by Noob Weapons, 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#3 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostNoob Weapons, on 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

No hate? No disgusted posts about ppc and/or gauss use? No reasons why you're quitting the game? No yelling at PGI to fix the bugs? No telling them to nerf this and buff that?

If you check my posts, yes I've actually already posted up about the bugs, black screen and fix them etc, but well, MWO does have its positives, so for newbies out there, hopefully this will encourage you to stick with MWO!

MWO currently takes WAY too much of my free time.

Edited by Primetimex, 17 April 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#4 bigdaddynash

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationout the back

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostNoob Weapons, on 17 April 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Maybe but its nice to see someone not whinging cause their I win button has been replaced by another that they don't like.

Chill pill manufactures your gold mine of customers await you here in GD!

Edited by bigdaddynash, 17 April 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#5 sokitumi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

1) PGI ignores these forums (general disussion in particular) so maybe send them a care package instead of some sugar puff post.
2) ultmate praise is market acceptance aka $$$$.
c) I'm not sure a half baked product is any good at all for the future of the MW IP. It took 16 years for a new full titled sim oriented professionally invested MW (seriously mw4 came out in 1997)
IV) F2P is a plague. Greedy devs can't just release a game for $60 anymore when they can just put their pimphat on instead.

#6 Brian Steiner and Davion

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

PGI has done an acceptable job in emulating the mech simulation experience. Rest assured, I will recommend this program be used in the training of all mechwarriors under my leadership.

BSandD

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users