#101 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Just to respond.

I am of the opinion that these huge gulfs between what us players think, our sense of what is acceptable and a good deal, correlates with our age differences and the particular 'generation of gamers' that we come from. It seems to me that those critical of PGI come from the first generation of online gamers whilst those being uncritical are younger and perhaps did not experience it the first time around.

Sorry, I disagree. I've been playing games since the 80s, and I actually think the opposite. The younger generation often seems to feel more entitled and less tolerant in my opinion, but sweeping generalizations are often innacurate.

The difference is that some are more content to roll with things than others, and more willing to enjoy what is there and await improvements. I loved MW2, and I love this game. Sure, it has flaws, but I find that most of them are:

A.) Not as huge a deal as many claim. Example, there are plenty of jump snipers right now, but I find plenty of other mechs to brawl with, and rarely get cored by snipers (not to the point I can't wait for meta changes)
B.) Bugs, which are bad, but are also being solved over time.

Reading these forums remind me of some patients I have treated in the past. They get a medicine, and think that the next day they ought to be well immediately, but many things in life just don't work like that. The game (whether you feel a beta label is justified or not) is still growing and changing, and no one yet knows exactly what the final product will be like. The core gameplay is good however, and many appreciate just that. For now that is enough for me.

#102 panzereich

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

MWO might be:

1. Full of useless fluff they develop for too long.... christmas lights ... give me a break
2. full of bugs
3. full of bad design decisions
4. etc

But it's the only new mech game we have. By throwing down $30 as a risk buy when this game was in founders, this is an absolute no brainer. It was a very easy decision for me to make. I don't regret it at all

#103 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 21 April 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

I just need to note that I <3 beluga whales and that picture is awesome.

don't forget my favorite form of investment protection.... dont let the door hit you in the *** on the way out :( Posted Image

and of course... gold founders (sorry maybe its a blue whale <_< Posted Image

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users