Fix The Sniping Balance With Reticle Jitter

45 replies to this topic

Poll: Feature Poll (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you in favor of the Reticle Jitter feature?

1. Yes (82 votes [81.19%])

Percentage of vote: 81.19%

2. No (19 votes [18.81%])

Percentage of vote: 18.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Wrong game. You're thinking of Bukakefield (sorry, spell-check keeps auto-correcting for some reason) or Modern Warefare.

As you know, the Mechwarrior time-period is 1000 years into the future, and you are in an advanced battle-tank.
A combat vehicle should be capable of running themselves? We're essentially just there, along for the ride.

There should be other combat effects other than a simple reticle shake, but unless PGI introduced random location-hits, cockpit damage, unconciousness, sensor-damage, etc, your targetting should aim true.

#42 MuKen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostHythos, on 25 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

As you know, the Mechwarrior time-period is 1000 years into the future, and you are in an advanced battle-tank.
A combat vehicle should be capable of running themselves? We're essentially just there, along for the ride.

If this future battle machine has such amazing auto-aim-correcting technology that can calculate which way the mech is shaking in real-time and then correct the aim so it looks stable to the pilot, why does the tabletop have random hit locations at all? The super-mech-targetting-computer should just allow you to pick what you want to hit, then auto-aim to that. That would be a lot easier for an aiming computer to do than removing shake from the mech movement.

Edited by MuKen, 25 April 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#43 RainbowToh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 753 posts
  • LocationLittle Red Dot, SouthEastAsia

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostHellcat420, on 23 April 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

the only solution is to quit making all mechs essentially omnimechs. no amount of balance or stupid little tricks will fix it.

Even if we dont have the customisation we have now, high alpha stocks will still deal pinpoint accuracy.

#44 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:31 AM

I'd simply force the highest jump height to the maximum number of allowed JJs. I mean, I'm in a highlander and with a single JJ I'm capable to do some small jump sniping, and 2 are enough for good jump sniping.

Highlanders should have 3 JJs to jump the height now can do with 1 or 1,5 JJs; you should dedicate more weight and crit slots to JJs to jump the same you do now and add some more overheat when using them.

#45 Snoopy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 107 posts
  • LocationAlmost there ...

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Voted no.

If the 'shake' effect would be based on your current speed it would be ok. Not just a nerf of JJs.

Edit: grammar

Edited by Snoopy, 30 April 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#46 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostSnoopy, on 30 April 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Voted no.

If you 'shake' effect would be based on your current speed it would be ok. Not just a nerf of JJs.

slap it on both. although i think the version for running would be a more rhythmic sway based on the mechs stride than shaking.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users