Destruction And Money

8 replies to this topic

#1 Dale Grible

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hello All, Been a long time MW fan since MW 2 Mercs. So glad to see an online free to play game (disappointed there is no release of a campaign. loved MW3). I've been playin a few weeks and was makin $300,000 a game, now its like $50,000-$150,000. What affects this? The most damage I can muster is in the 220 range (CAT-C1 with Artemis and BAP) most kills ever is 2 (lucky ML shot). usually stand back as fire support and rain LRMs until empty and then go after people with 2 puny ML. I'm always last or next to last in damage delt with like 6 assists. (you can't brawl with a CAT-c1) I did get a JM6. tryin to mod it but need to make cash to turn it into a brawler. What can I do to make some cash and improvey damage and kills instead of assists? I got the jagger cuz I see some guys dealin out over 400 in damage.

Edited by Dale Grible, 22 April 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#2 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

The first twenty-five games played you recieve a generous cadet bonus. Then directly after you dont gain much more than 150,000 even with some pretty awesome games, like 4-6 kills.

#3 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

first LRMs arent to bad atm but they just got a big nerf so they arent working to well atm with damage.

with my C1 the founders 1
i have the build as such

2x Lrm15 with Artemis, (you should drop the bap and gain some weight you can use )
4 medium lasers, on chain fire.

Xl engine 250 with speed tweak.
endo steel.

upgrades are the way on your own mech, so get
endo and double heat sinks as soon as poss.

this will save you some weight and allow you to fire more without over heating.

Edit old video of me in my C1 with srm6 x 2 ,
2x medium laser and large laser.
also this was the time all cats were the flavor of the month.

also good tip anything between 250-400 damage a game is classed as good
over 500 you had a damn good game.

Edited by Demoned, 22 April 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I concur, the cash difference is due to the Cadet Bonus given to every player to help hook them in and get their first mech within 25 matches. After that, you get the usual cash rate, which gets higher with both victory and various team-assisting actions such as painting targets with tag, spotting, kill assists, defense kill assists, savior kill assists, etc.

My C1, shown here...

Spoiler

...is equipped with twin ER PPCs and fully loaded with maximum possible double heat sinks high forward armor, and XL 315 engine. It keeps maximum jump jets so I can pull off jump snipes and aerial spins. It also makes chasing lights easier by leaping over buildings. This design was before the current PPC/Gauss meta that started with the ballistics detection improvements. Keep in mind LRMs and SRMs will see a huge come back when the missile host state rewind function is implemented in the next month or two, as well as the missile re-balancing (they got nerfed to hell and back because of the discovery of more than 5x damage due to how splash was working against certain targets).

#5 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

I can understand the shock...during my cadet period I was also on premium time...so I was getting the cadet bonus and then premium bonus ON TOP of that heh heh. I was rolling in cash.

#6 Dale Grible

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the info fellas. I'll definitely rethink the BAP and for sure get the heat sink upgrade. I'll stay in fire support for all ya'll until I can fix up my JM6. :)

#7 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostDale Grible, on 23 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Thanks for the info fellas. I'll definitely rethink the BAP and for sure get the heat sink upgrade. I'll stay in fire support for all ya'll until I can fix up my JM6. :wacko:

Best thing to do when starting out is to follow the group and shoot at what they shoot at...if what they are shooting at dies, you will get a Kill assist bonus. On many maps a kill assist is as good or even better than a kill. It is a low risk way to make CBills and get XP. If you do a lot of damage in the process, you could also destroy components, which adds another bonus, even if you do not kill the Mech yourself.

Make sure you always have something targeted. If another player hits a mech with missiles that you had targeted at the time, you get a spotting assist bonus too. These add up.

This game rewards teamplay more than lone wolf tactics. It is really easy to rack up the bonuses without ever killing anything at all yourself.

#8 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

TAG and NARCs add 2500cbills too and the NARCs give another bonus if the enemy mech that you stuck the beacon to is damaged by his/her own team. I'm not sure how much since it takes up 4ton and 3slots (equipment plus ammo) which hasn't been high on my priority list with just 2 perks for weight, slots, and limited ammo. Best bet is do like everyone here says and make sure to damage the entire enemy team even if it is 1 damage you get the helping bonus which is more than the kill. I'm not sure how to get it but it adds a nice little bonus is the "savior kill" (Anyone know how to get this?). The only other thing that I can add is to buy a mech that has a Hero variant try it out to see if you like the mech design then spend a little $ and you'll get a 40% cbill buff plus you can go a step further and buy premium time (might want to wait until they fix the map and HUD) which will add 50% on top of the total cbills. The Highlander Heavy Metal might be the way for you to go since it has everything the CPLT-C1 has plus two ballistic slots (plus plays music when you get a kill) but the downside is it costs a little more than $30 US cash.

#9 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I cover a lot of money making/spending tips in 80Bit's C-Bill and MC Guide

Some bonuses can be hard to get right now.

TAG/NARC bonus requires someone firing LRMs at your target while you have them TAGGED, and with so few LRM players right now, it is often not worth the trouble.

Post cadet bonus, 50k-150k per match is a very typical and "good" range. You can most easily boost this of course by getting premium time and/or a hero mech. As others have stated, the other thing that helps is getting at least one hit on every enemy mech you have a chance to hit, so you get more assist bonuses.

If you have a Jagger I recommend outfitting it with Dual AC20s for medium range fire support, or 1xGauss 2xERPPC for long range fire support. Jaggers are not good brawlers due to their large hitboxes and limited arm movement, but they can put out great damage from medium to long range.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users