Just Experienced The Most Troll Base Cap.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

Caustic valley. My team gets half way up the hill. The other team is coming around the side. We fire on them and they hide. They then go straight for the cap all 8 of them and the cap is taken within moments.

gg?

We probably could have anticipated it more, got in their way. I acknowledge base capping is an important mechanic. I do believe my team is not without blame. Can't quite say gg

Edited by Thomas Covenant, 23 April 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#2 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

;)
Defend your base?

Honestly there is no reason to risk a hard win that could become a loss when you have an easy win in front of you.

Edited by TruePoindexter, 23 April 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#3 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I concur, though maybe base capping shouldn't be so easy?

#4 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 23 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I concur, though maybe base capping shouldn't be so easy?

Well it's only easy on an undefended base. I like the logic someone else proposed where the time taken to cap should be proportional to the size of the map. E.G. big maps take longer to cap and small maps are faster.

#5 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

You played bad and should feel bad

#6 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

So you watched 8 people stomp their way to your base, and not a single one of you ran to stop them on the square?

You got trolled because your team was awful.

#7 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 23 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Caustic valley. My team gets half way up the hill. The other team is coming around the side. We fire on them and they hide. They then go straight for the cap all 8 of them and the cap is taken within moments.

gg?

We probably could have anticipated it more, got in their way. I acknowledge base capping is an important mechanic. I do believe my team is not without blame. Can't quite say gg

There was going to be a hard time given but you said the magic words.

It is important to remember folks that when you are capped it is your own fault for allowing it.

#8 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostThomas Covenant, on 23 April 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

gg?

No you didn't get trolled, your team gave the win away. If you were in weapons range then you should have pressed the attack and went after them when the enemy ran. So yeah no troll on the enemy's part just fail on your's.

#9 Thomas Covenant

• 1,186 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think I thought the same thing before I had this experience. I admit I can learn from it, I can let my team know they can get more in the way, but I think we were all pretty unsatisfied with how quickly the tide was turned what it was still 7 mechs to 8. Say what you will, I might be saying the same thing, but I was there, and it was sucky.

#10 Kobold

• Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

You admit you saw them going around the other side, and decided not to defend your objective.

Posted Image

#11 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 23 April 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

It is important to remember folks that when you are capped it is your own fault for allowing it.

also remember that how well you do is also relevant to the skill of your teammates, so by your logic it's my fault that i lose because my teammates played badly, nice to know...

#12 Robin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 337 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Since the private match feature is nowhere to be seen, you know that you're dropping against an unknown team. You may like or not cap, however since you're dropping against an unknown team, you should be prepared for everything.

#13 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Not sure how you think this is a troll. This is just people winning at the expense of actually making C-Bills.

A troll is the match where your team is winning the fire fight in the middle of Tourmaline, and the 2 light mechs on your team start capping the enemy base. You ask them to stop, since even though they left the group the other 6 of you are beating the snot out of the enemy, but they instead cap out significantly reducing the C-Bill and XP rewards for their entire team.

That is a troll cap.

#14 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

View Post80Bit, on 24 April 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Not sure how you think this is a troll. This is just people winning at the expense of actually making C-Bills.

A troll is the match where your team is winning the fire fight in the middle of Tourmaline, and the 2 light mechs on your team start capping the enemy base. You ask them to stop, since even though they left the group the other 6 of you are beating the snot out of the enemy, but they instead cap out significantly reducing the C-Bill and XP rewards for their entire team.

That is a troll cap.

That is a troll cap.

Edited by Agent of Change, 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM.

#15 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

THAT IS A TROLL CAP.

That is a troll cap?

Edited by 80Bit, 24 April 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#16 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:13 AM

indeed sir

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users