16 replies to this topic

#1 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

It's really bad now, 5 games in a row, "NO" targeting, "NO" map. "NO" indication of friend or foe, my system specs walk all over recommended specs, drivers are "NOT" the issue, hardware is not the issue "PERIOD", and i'm being forced to just quit matches instead of enjoying "ANY" of the money I have spent on MWO....

There is no fix, logging in and out doesn't help, bugs "ARE" random, no consistency on how they, or what may cause them to pop up, (until today, non stop, but no indication why).
I get that MWO is an unfinished product brought to market, or as some "layman" may label it beta, but it's just sad at this point, I have been a part of so called "betas" that didn't perform the way that MWO is performing currently, and I have "ZERO" inclination to spend another dime on MWO anytime soon.

Aside from any announcement that may or may not be coming, the sad reality of the current state of the performance of MWO is at the very least disconcerting, regardless of any yet to be released content, or fixes, or final build, the state of MWO is abysmal in some respects, and I do not care what may. or may not be announced tommorow.

Is there anyway that the DEVs could at least give a "DECENT" prediction on when it would be a good idea to expect improvements, other than "VAGUE" references on already failed announcements/statements that have been retracted or forgotten about improvement..??

I'm seeing far to many people dump MWO, or leave for an undisclosed amount of time, that i'm in serious doubt of things to come, and "NO" I don't care to speculate whatever the "F" is going to be announced tommorow, that's just conjecture, what I want to know isn't unreasonable, "NOT" for a paying customer..

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

I don't blame them for not giving an ETA on this type of bug fix, because everyone would take it as a "promise" and get bent out of shape when it turns out to be a bigger issue and take longer than expected.

#3 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostHammerfinn, on 23 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I don't blame them for not giving an ETA on this type of bug fix, because everyone would take it as a "promise" and get bent out of shape when it turns out to be a bigger issue and take longer than expected.

And how would you catagorize "CONSTANT" unacceptable performance..????
Oh wait, I know, but that is a sad and tired excuse that has been picked apart over, and over, and over, and over again.

A response being considerate is "EXPECTED" and would be appropriate, and in good character, anything else is crass, and inconsiderate of those "ANY" entity would give to their "CUSTOMER" base. The expectations are not an entitlement point of view, "FAR" from it, any expectations in regards to my questions are deemed "common courtesy" by decent, and well mannered, educated, and well adjusted individuals. If common courtesy is no longer a requiement of an organization, then said organization deserves the same in response, and lack of consideration in turn.

What I was asking for is "NOT" unreasonable by any stretch of the imagination, I don't need a specific date, but saying like 6 months form now, Blah, Balh, Blah, or in the future we hope to, Blah, Blah, Blah is unacceptable..
If I was having a house built, and I was given a quote/bid, and a (?) in terms of when I could expect certain options finished, I would not go with that carpenter, I would go elsewhere "PERIOD". The announcements, retractions, and timeline I have seen as it relates to MWO is tantamount to the bad carpenter aforementioned. The player base are not donkeys, and to attempt to dangle a carrot in front of them should be perceived as an insult.

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#4 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Exactly what I thought, couldn't respond even if you or "THEY" wanted to do so..

Failed player response due to brown nose... You don't balme them because of naivety. Reply was pathetic at best.. try again kid.

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#5 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

i have been gettin teh no map no iff bug a lot lately. really ****** hate it

#6 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

are you telling them anything they don't know? no
are you telling them how to fix it? no
does this thread help anyone in any way? no
am i tired of players throwing hissy fits because their free to play BETA game isn't perfect? YES

if you want them to fix stuff faster donate some money so they can hire more people to fix it. bugs don't get fixed unless people work on them and people don't work unless they get paid.

#7 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

View Postblinkin, on 23 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

are you telling them anything they don't know? no

Ok, then why if this is a "CONSTANT" ongoing issue why hasn't it been addressed, and as it has gotten worse, why the "F" would you brown nose this up with that same old tired excuse..?? Oh, it's beta... "ZIP IT", it's an unfinished product that "HAS" been brought to market..

are you telling them how to fix it? no

Sorry that's "NOT" my job, and to use your sad old tired excuse "it's beta", then as a tester (as you would call it), i'm giving them info on what's wrong, as DEVs they are responsible for fixing it, so your entire argument just got blasted in the (metaphorical face) with both barrels, and dropped.

does this thread help anyone in any way?

It should, the DEVs asked for feedback on "THEIR" product..

am i tired of players throwing hissy fits because their free to play BETA ?

I don't care what "YOU'RE" tired of, i'm concerned with what affects "MY" purchases..
F.T.F.Y.I., Donations are for Charities...

It's not a free to play BETA once you have put money into it, and that's the reality that just sunk your argument completely.

So I guess definitions change to suit the needs of the entity using it.
Beta

Back then:
•Application is released to a small control group of users.
•Features and user interface are complete.
•A time-frame for the beta is set.
•Bugs are reported by users to the developer.
•The developer is busy fixing any remaining bugs, or visual imperfections in the interface.

Now:
•Application is released to the entire world. Everyone on the planet downloads the heavily-hyped application and begin using it in their every-day work.
•The application is FREE – as in: if it doesn’t work, (it’s not our problem because you didn’t pay for it.) <-- Uh Oh :)
•Beta time drags on for months, or even years.
•The developer begins adding this feature and that because a single person said “they would buy it, if only it had…”
YUP, defiinitions change to suit the situation huh..

Show prepared, or don't show at all.... Click "BOOM"
Semantics aren't going to help you on this, and trying to use them is just a desperate act.

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#8 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Ok, then why if this is a "CONSTANT" ongoing issue why hasn't it been addressed, and as it has gotten worse, why the "F" would you brown nose this up with that same old tired excuse..?? Oh, it's beta... "ZIP IT", it's an unfinished product that "HAS" been brought to market..

--ok so anyone who recognizes the difficulties of the debugging process is a brown noser. got it. also most of these hud bugs have been listed in different areas as known issues.

Sorry that's "NOT" my job, and to use your sad old tired excuse "it's beta", then as a tester (as you would call it), i'm giving them info on what's wrong, as DEVs they are responsible for fixing it, so your entire argument just got blasted in the (metaphorical face) with both barrels, and dropped.

--this isn't a bug report this is you impotently griping and wanting everyone to join you in your rage. suggestions <-not orders.

It should, the DEVs asked for feedback on "THEIR" product..

--yeah it should, unfortunately it doesn't though.

I don't care what "YOU'RE" tired of, i'm concerned with what affects "MY" purchases..
F.Y.I., Donations are for Charities...

It's not a free to play BETA once you have put money into it, and that's the reality that just sunk your argument completely.

So I guess definitions change to suit the needs of the entity using it.
Beta

Back then:
•Application is released to a small control group of users.
•Features and user interface are complete.
•A time-frame for the beta is set.
•Bugs are reported by users to the developer.
•The developer is busy fixing any remaining bugs, or visual imperfections in the interface.

Now:
•Application is released to the entire world. Everyone on the planet downloads the heavily-hyped application and begin using it in their every-day work.
•The application is FREE – as in: if it doesn’t work, (it’s not our problem because you didn’t pay for it.) <-- Uh Oh :)
•Beta time drags on for months, or even years.
•The developer begins adding this feature and that because a single person said “they would buy it, if only it had…”
YUP, defiinitions change to suit the situation huh..

Show prepared, or don't show at all.... Click "BOOM"

--i was prepared for this argument long before it even started.

take a look at that tag under my name. i don't claim that tag gives me any seniority over you, BUT what it does do is very clearly illustrate that people were spending money on this game long before it went to open beta.

you were not forced to buy anything. the game runs just fine (it is functional, i won't argue that new players don't take it up the butt for a while) WITHOUT spending any money. you can buy the vast majority of mechs without ever opening your wallet. so you CHOSE to invest money on a free to play game. why bother being prepared when you hand me everything i need upon arrival?

you amuse me. you very obviously have never encountered someone who actually knows how to argue.

i find it entertaining that you think the little sound bite style post i gave before is even the beginnings of a real argument. i was looking for a new chew toy, the last few have run and hid. let's see how long you last.

#9 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postblinkin, on 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

--i was prepared for this argument long before it even started.

Actually you weren't, and on all points you got torpedoed.

BTW, I never thought you had "ANY" Seniority over anything..

People may have indeed spent money on MWO before it went beta, I didn't, and that makes me, and many others customers different than what you view yourself as, end of story.
Just because you "pigeon holed" yourself into a "founders" status doesn't give you "ANY" authority on the issue "PERIOD"
I made my purchases when goods and services were offered "after" open beta/release of unfinished product, I didn't "FUND" a project, "YOU" did, I didn't "invest" as you say, I bought goods and services, regardless of the status of yet to be released content.

The reality of the situation is that consumers "WILL" expect certain things from said products, and if said products don't perform reasonably given certain circumstances, then it is astounding that anyone would hassle said "consumers" over minor issues, let alone large issues..

I'm glad you said you were amused, as fools often are easily amused.
Face it, splitting hairs got you nowhere..

Boondock Saints: "Where you going? ... No-where..!!"

EDIT: F.T.F.Y.I., MWO advertises sales, they don't advertise this as a work in progress, or did I miss the Hero Mech sale gain "stating" that i'm funding a project..?? Also, I never got suckered into buying a Hero Mech..yet.

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#10 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 23 April 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

Actually you weren't, and on all points you got torpedoed.

--i see you win, just cuz. you are not the first who has tried to pull this.

BTW, I never thought you had "ANY" Seniority over anything..

--as it should be on the forums, but i find your ego entertaining.

People may have indeed spent money on MWO before it went beta, I didn't, and that makes me, and many others customers different than what you view yourself as, end of story.
Just because you "pigeon holed" yourself into a "founders" status doesn't give you "ANY" authority on the issue "PERIOD"
I made my purchases when goods and services were offered "after" open beta/unfinished release, I didn't "FUND" a project, "YOU" did, I didn't "invest" as you say, I bought goods and services, regardless of the status of yet to be released content.

--what pidgeon hole? i spent money. there was no application process. and buying goods and services is an investment.
http://www.merriam-w...nary/investment :
"the sum invested or the property purchased"

The reality of the situation is that consumers "WILL" expect certain things from said products, and if said products don't perform reasonably given certain circumstances, then it is astounding that anyone would hassle said "consumers" over minor issues, let alone large issues..

--i see no false advertisement. the BETA tag is clearly labeled on any advertisement involving this game and is very clearly listed upon startup. so have all of the expectations you want, but they have made it clear that this is not a finished product.

I'm glad you said you were amused, as fools often are easily amused.

--fools also tend to be incredibly amusing. why shouldn't i be entertained? i am not forced to be here. so are you any smarter for doing something that you don't like for free?

it isn't enjoyable if my prey simply rolls over. carefully prove that i am the fool. the dud "torpedoes" you have fired so far will not do the job.

i may have to quit playing with you for now. it is getting late and i am making spelling errors, which means other errors are likely on the way. i intend to be back tomorrow, so take your time and make a proper response.

Edited by blinkin, 23 April 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#11 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

You're not playing with anything, you simply got "P!MP" slapped, deal with it.

EDIT: You already made an error, and that was splitting hairs, but keep on clinging to sad and tired old excuses, you seem to be good at it. Tommorow you will be back..?? LOL, don't bother... I most likely won't respond to any inane replies..

Edited by Odins Fist, 23 April 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#12 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 23 April 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

You're not playing with anything, you simply got "P!MP" slapped, deal with it.

i think you will hold my attention for a while. i will deal with "it" when you give me something of note to deal with.

#13 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 23 April 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

EDIT: You already made an error, and that was splitting hairs, but keep on clinging to sad and tired old excuses, you seem to be good at it. Tommorow you will be back..?? LOL, don't bother... I most likely won't respond to any inane replies..

i am not the one trying to define what is or isn't allowed to be a beta. they have told me this is a beta, an admission that this game is incomplete and has bugs. are you arguing that the game is done to your liking?

...oh it makes me sad. this one is running away and hiding too. i had hoped you would last a little longer than 3 posts.

#14 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yes, they have said nothing, aside from:

http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

http://mwomercs.com/...961-bug-update/

http://mwomercs.com/...n-mech-rotates/

http://www.reddit.co...ve_director_of/

http://mwomercs.com/...-up-as-wwwwwww/

http://mwomercs.com/...-multicoloured/

And various other locations.

You are absolutely correct. The devs have been completely silent on the BUG issues.

#15 Phalanx100bc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:21 AM

Ahh...seems the spirit of General Discussion is not dead after all.....

Be constructive...we don't want Polling and Suggestions get split up into thier own sub-sub sub forums

#16 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Oh here is another one!

http://mwomercs.com/...34#entry2287134

#17 Riogar Daylighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 328 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick Canada

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Sounds like a 2 year old with a dictionary....Odd.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users