#1 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

No idea where to post this now lol.

Basically, I was wondering if anyone can confirm the difference in cooling when powered down vs full stop.

IE: Could you strategically dump heat faster by powering down for a few seconds instead of just stopping.

I figure this might fall under loadout, as the answer might effect how many HS you fine tune in your build.

Never tested it myself so if nobody knows for sure I might try to find out for sure in game.

#2 MrVop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

From what I've been told but without a source You do power cool faster powered down... Now if only there was an Actual PGI source of info.

#3 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:42 AM

Given that your Engine is a full time Heat Source, shutting it off, would logically benefit the over-all cooling rate.

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:22 AM

Not thought of heat sink tech before, but it would depend of they are pasive or active, if they pump fluid through cooling vanes then they would stop working without power and the mech would cool down alot slower to start with until the engine parts naturally disipated its heat through the enclosed armoured space, but then passive heat sinks only work when a vehcile is in motion like a car radiator. so would have to be outside the mech in in a recess that is open an unarmoured.

so everything points to it actually being worse to turn off your power from a heat physics point of view, but then mech warrior has never been built around comon sense ideas and science, so yes your probably right turning off your power will cool it down alot quicker,

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users