Clan Ghost Bear Recruitment

243 replies to this topic

#21 Blasthammer

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

I just submit my application this morning. I'm just now trying to get back into the game after dealing with real life for a bit, and would like to join up with a good group of people, which I understand the Ghost Bears are. I've always liked the clan's iconography since GBL, and hope you'll accept a freeborn scum like myself into the clan. :)

#22 Dark Shaman of Clan Ghost Bear

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just waiting for Clan Factions to be officially released.
Nothing greater than being a 'noble badguy'; Clan Ghost Bear is full of great values, rich lore and personality. Why would anyone choose anything else?

#23 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

why wait? it will probably be quite a while till we see anything Clan in MWO, come check us out now and be ready with the clan for when they come

#24 Sheriff x

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBlue trails of smoke-haze lifting in the cockpit while Betty screams incessantly

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

I personally hail from the Swords of Kentares (SWK per tag) and I would like to express that Clan Ghost Bear is a very good place for anyone making consideration as to who or what they should join.

Good group of players and very personable, nice personalities!

#25 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostTenth Hammer, on 09 July 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

I personally hail from the Swords of Kentares (SWK per tag) and I would like to express that Clan Ghost Bear is a very good place for anyone making consideration as to who or what they should join.

Good group of players and very personable, nice personalities!

Thanks bro, :P Always fun to drop with our pals in SWK! :angry:

Also...

Posted Image

Edited by CoffiNail, 11 July 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#26 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

bump

#27 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

I'll consider joining, but you guys have gotta promise me a Kodiak out of the deal.

#28 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostSand Lantern, on 20 July 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

I'll consider joining, but you guys have gotta promise me a Kodiak out of the deal.

no promises in battle. But feel free to join anyway. We usually have an atlas or two laying around somewhere you can use.

#29 NAILSTORM

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Icy or anyone on the team that can explain this to me like I am 3 years old. When I click the link in the post my Bite Defender will not even let me proceed to the web page. Might you have a reasonable explanation? Why would Bitedefender think it so unsafe?Posted Image

#30 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostNAILSTORM, on 30 July 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

Icy or anyone on the team that can explain this to me like I am 3 years old. When I click the link in the post my Bite Defender will not even let me proceed to the web page. Might you have a reasonable explanation? Why would Bitedefender think it so unsafe?Posted Image

I suspect the problem is that bite defender has a well documented record of false positives. Due to the fact that the company that developed the heuristics engine is Romanian and does not deal with english well.

#31 NAILSTORM

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Well that makes sense. Thank you for your response. I will disregard the warnings in the future.

#32 Talon Bekker

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:25 PM

Can't wait for my Kodiak!

#33 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

bump

#34 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Me and two friends are looking to join a group. I would like to run some games with you guys and see if I fit before wasting your time or my time through applications and sign ups. I play Fridays and Saturdays. I hope some of your guys will be on so we can test if we can work together. I'm heavy pilot that knows assault as well as scout roles, but I just like being in that heavy mech :)

I have obviously the Founders Package and The Overlord Phoenix Pack with the Saber add on.

Little about me:
I play to win. I will work as a team to win. I'm not that interested in "so what it's a game mentality". I understand games aren't super serious business but the object of every game is to win. If we lose because we tried or best so be it. If we lose cause people were goofing off or not trying it won't work for me.

Let me know if my view shares your view. If not I will take no offense and look elsewhere.

Thank you,
Imperius

#35 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

We are a pretty casual gaming group, but we do have a competitive sub-unit within the Clan. If every game is win-at-all-costs for you, we may not be the right fit. Yes we like to win too, but we aren't out to dominate the pugs on every drop. We play to have fun. That being said we do take out competition seriously when we are dropping in league drops or in preperation of them, just not every single game is hardcore mode for us

#36 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:03 PM

But don't let me tell you everything, cone and play a few drops with us, always happy to see a new face around.

#37 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Also ignore the fact that apparently the ability to spell "come" correctly escapes Lucky's lexicon at the moment.

#38 Odin Magnusson

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

i am not sure if i filed registration right.....

#39 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostOdin Magnusson, on 31 August 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

i am not sure if i filed registration right.....

I do not see any applications with your callsign on them on the Clan site. You should probably resubmit your application.

View PostBitMonger505, on 31 August 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Also ignore the fact that apparently the ability to spell "come" correctly escapes Lucky's lexicon at the moment.

luckily the clan does not hold spelling as a requirement for entry or promotion.

#40 Odin Magnusson

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

resubmitted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users