• 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostCarlhosan, on 12 May 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Looks like it's The Rock system.

Dry
Some Water
Mining settlements
Big planets around, maybe it's one of those barely habitable asteroids.

(sorry for the spelling, i'm not a native english writer)

I had the exact same thought.

#182 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostKargush, on 14 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Some cheese to go with all the whine.

Posted Image

Great: now I'm hungry.

I think the map looks like a lot of fun, and the majority of my builds are brawlers and not snipers. There seems to be a fair amount of places to drop in and hide.

I'd love to see destructible terrain, too, especially buildings. I don't know about the Cryengine, but I know the UDK can do this. There's just a lot of strategy with stomping your giant metal robot through a building to "hide" or avoid fire.

#183 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

any NEW map is a welcome one, it seems that whenever I play, im playing Tourmaline Desert online :rolleyes:

#184 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 14 May 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'd love to see destructible terrain, too, especially buildings. I don't know about the Cryengine, but I know the UDK can do this. There's just a lot of strategy with stomping your giant metal robot through a building to "hide" or avoid fire.

Destructible terrain isn't going to happen unfortunately :rolleyes:

#185 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

Wow, I see a lot of people complaining about open fields bla bla bla sniping bla bla bla... if you like narrow paths or so go play PAC MAN!

What some people DONT GET is that a WAR GAME is based on strategy which is elaborated based on the different circumstances (map, team size, builds etc...)

I don't know if you only have 1 mech that you DO NOT KNOW (because it is possible) how to use on open fields. If that is the case feel free to try out one of the trial mechs they have available for everyone.

Suggestion: At the begining of the game press TAB, see if you have light mechs, send them to scout and bring valuable information such as enemy positioning, based on that set your strategies and there you go.

#186 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostRenegadeMaster, on 09 May 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Seriously though, the terrain/levels really remind me of a BT map I got with my BT intro box set.
I'm looking forward to dropping with my Raven on this!

It does doesnt it. It would be neat to see someone take one of those box set maps, you know the red one with the hills,trees and water and render it into a map just to see what it would look like.

#187 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostAbraxas 365, on 11 May 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

It does look quite nice.

I would like to see a couple of city maps, though. Try and curb this PPC trend a little bit.

Again, I think the only reason this game is going to Full-on sniper mode for every single build is because we cannot choose maps.

I had my atlas with an AC20 for a few games, and I decided to replace it for a gauss because most of the time you get into Tundra and other huge maps where is difficult to brawl.

#188 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostViral Matrix, on 28 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

I am so sick of Cap games. The Devs need to release a deathmatch mode already. Just take those dumb basecap points off the map, or put just ONE cap point in the center of the map. Doesnt take a million staff meetings and discussions. Three lances wont fix stupid, uninspired, basecap gameplay. Believe it or not, but i equip guns on my mech to shoot at things, not to look pretty while i stand in a glowing green circle 'winning' the match.

Obviously, the Devs dont read or care about this issue, but id just like to be the next guy to lodge this complaint. Im just shocked they havent done this yet. Its not like ppl are falling over themselves to say how much they love these gamemodes.

So Boo for your next map with no deathmatch shoot-em-up mode. Try doin something people are actually asking for.

This game isn't about Teamdeathmatch. If it was everyone would be piloting heavies-assaults and pretty much every other chassis would become next to obsolete instantly. This game is about objective-based teamplay and roles to fit these requirements. Vehicle combat requires objective based gameplay. TDM is just a tonnage race. Yeah some light pilots do a great job, bla bla bla...Same pilot in an atlas eats his own spider alive, so what?
There is no sense in driving a spider in a teamdeathmatch with 2 energy hardpoints in CT only or even a commando or heavier. Even when "linked 2 a LRM boat" your lack of tonnage and direct firepower is getting your opponent ahead. Therefore one of the goals for many light to medium battlemechs is to capture either a base or some of those collectors on conquest.
If fast mechs didn't have this option they were next to useless! Yeah scoutin' is OK but really?
It is easy to roll 85-100 tons of death with some serious damage output without any regards to mission objectives. And flame the ones who do. Most of them heavy and high-alpha rollin' players are just really bad pilots comin' straight from COD.
They might come up with TeamDeathMatch once they can handle Max.Tonnage/Team or 2 Assaults/2Heavies/2Mediums/2Lights per team or something like this....

#189 Brkojle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 70 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

ehm...this map will be so stupid at this moment of game. Long distance views and **** will only put in even more PPC's which already ruined whole game.
Maybe the map is nice and all but I am concerned that PPC maniacs will use them even more often.

What we need are time and weather build into maps not new bugz, new PPC maps and stuff. FIX OLD then try to screw up with new ones.

good luck to us all!

#190 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Cant wait for tomorrow... Really looking forward to try out whatever new features are coming up

#191 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

I wonder if any part of the river will be deep enough to submerge a 'mech in.

#192 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

5 day weakened coming up (Thursday through Monday) what will I do? (Well besides enjoying the beautiful weather, have a few beers, and so forth)...what ELSE will I do?

#193 karoushi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostDayuhan, on 20 May 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I wonder if any part of the river will be deep enough to submerge a 'mech in.

Kind of like a water trench that had ramps at either end that only mechs without JJ's would really need to use when falling into it?

Would be kind of cool.

#194 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Would be interesting if water hid radar detection, but slowed you down to 75%-half speed (depending on how far underwater you were)Just the visual hiding is kind of *meh* The same % going to your detectability as to your speed.

Edited by verybad, 20 May 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#195 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

LOOKS AMAZING!

#196 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Is this bad boy rolling out today? Awesome! (the exclamation, not the mech)

Anything different from running around River City, Alpine, and the Desert!

#197 karoushi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

At the end of the video it shows an overhead of the map, is the bridge on the far left?

I wonder where the spawns are, if the bridge is on the far left that would kind of be so out of place it can't be utilized very well.

Anyone else see what I am talking about?

#198 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

They have moved initial Spawn points around in the past with other maps... so if they put in some big ol' features and nobody seems to use them, then they might just move the spawns around. I remember when they first introduced Caustic Valley and the two spawns were both out in the middle of nowhere, so it made everyone completely ignore the whole factory complex, as cool-looking as it is.

#199 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Defintely want to play this map.

#200 Splice

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCloser Than You Think

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

At this point it still must be a tease... I was on for a couple of hours last night and never saw it. Anyone else?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users