Apr. 24Th - 10:30 Am Pst - Servers Back Online!

64 replies to this topic

#41 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

Glad to hear Brian, thanks!

#42 Brian Windover

Lead Programmer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi Syllogy,

We are planning our next patch for May 7th 2013. This does not mean we may not push up some hot fixes for the HUD corruption and FPS drop before May 7th.

PropagandaWar, we have a new system for LRMs/SRMs that is going through test along with the state rewind. There is no date set in stone when this will go live.

#43 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostFireSlade, on 24 April 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

It was a new map http://mwomercs.com/...u-canyon-tease/ looks fun

Hmm.. while it was an announcement per se, it wasn`t really big, or in any way surprising, and wasnt the announcement supposed to be over twitter? Niko posted this directly to the forums....

I`m hoping it will still be coming.... The rubberbanding fix is cool, but again, wasn`t the announcement supposed to come via twitter?

*Edit: Just saw the post on the MWO twitter. Meh, I feel underwhelmed.

Edited by Zerberus, 24 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#44 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostBrian Windover, on 24 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hi Syllogy,

We are planning our next patch for May 7th 2013. This does not mean we may not push up some hot fixes for the HUD corruption and FPS drop before May 7th.

PropagandaWar, we have a new system for LRMs/SRMs that is going through test along with the state rewind. There is no date set in stone when this will go live.

three weeks between content release. See I knew we would find the big news in between here somewhere. :D

#45 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi Syllogy,

So by then you will definitely have completed the "small technical issue" that will allow delivery of Hero mech recoloring, right? (The small technical issue that has delayed that feature since March.) http://mwomercs.com/...ro-mech-colors/

Edited by jay35, 24 April 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#46 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hi Syllogy,

Why not let us test it? We are your beta testers are we not?

#47 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostViper69, on 24 April 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Why not let us test it? We are your beta testers are we not?

The key word being "beta".

When something is first dreamt up and being given structure, it`susually considered "alpha" and dev-eyes-only, for numerous reasons. What we test are things that have in some way shape or form passed internal testing and seen to be fit for a more widespread test by the diverse masses that are the beta testers /players.

Similar to clinical trials for new drugs, they pass internal testing, then they go to a round of testing on voluntary subjects (that would be us in this analogy), and when everything works as planned they get released to market w/ or w/o changes as "final". :D

@ Jay: with all due respect, I would consider colors on a hero mech to be a "first world problem" considered to some fo the game altering issues currently still in game.

Imagine this:
"Yay, I can recolor my hero /Founders mech"
*Logs in*
*paints mech*
*drops to match*
*has no hud or minimap*
*rest of team has similar issues*

Something tells me we won`t be reading the following in chat as opposed to the typical PGI flameage:

"Yay, we have no idea where we are or where to go, but at least the one hero mech in the lance looks better that it did before."

Yes, they should be paintable, but no, it should not be a priority. IMO of course.

Edited by Zerberus, 24 April 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#48 vettie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanx for the rubber banding fix. I really thought I had connection issues because I never had the issue before.

I am sure Charter Communications thanks you too. They have been here 3 times THIS week trying to figure out what is going on. LOL!.

Thanx for the update and the info!

#49 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostZerberus, on 24 April 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Yes, they should be paintable, but no, it should not be a priority. IMO of course.

There have been plenty of things I would not regard as "priorities" but were added anyway, like coolant for example. Surly there were other things people could have been doing like fixing known issues that continue through patches. Cue the "They arent the same job" people, exactly my point.

#50 Hythos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationLOS ANGELES, er, I mean Dustball

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:18 AM

Rubber-banding seems a bit better - saw it happen Alpine and Frozen City (day), but I'm now seeing long periods of hanging - then get disconnected.

#51 LawDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationOn the ATTACK!!!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

First and Fore Most.........Quit stroking CACK and Balls "Syllogy"! Brown nosing a@@

Second, Rubber banding? How about the bugs that have been prevalent since CLOSED beta? (HUD, CDT, Mini-Map..ECT.)

This **** is getting really pissy and annoying. I keep playing and try to keep my guys playing, But there FED the F up.

I IMPLORE YOU, take a month. STOP all content, and fix bugs. FIRST and get this shizzle on track. Please.

Respectfully.

Law

Edited by LawDog, 24 April 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#52 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostLawDog, on 24 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Respectfully.

At which point?

#53 LawDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 April 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

At which point?

All/None..........

#54 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Could you also track down and hotfix the glitch that happened on the forums? It appears that the general discussion section was erroneously deleted. People are leaving in droves!

#55 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

if it works, then I have to say thanks. this was unexpected.

#56 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostLawDog, on 24 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

First and Fore Most.........Quit stroking CACK and Balls "Syllogy"! Brown nosing a@@

Second, Rubber banding? How about the bugs that have been prevalent since CLOSED beta? (HUD, CDT, Mini-Map..ECT.)

This **** is getting really pissy and annoying. I keep playing and try to keep my guys playing, But there FED the F up.

I IMPLORE YOU, take a month. STOP all content, and fix bugs. FIRST and get this shizzle on track. Please.

Respectfully.

Law

I am far from a PGI sympathizer.

But really, complaining about bugs not getting fixed in a thread about them fixing a bug?

Doesn't that sound, well, stupid?

Edited by 3rdworld, 24 April 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#57 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

But really, complaining about bugs not getting fixed in a thread about them fixing a bug?

It's because the hotfix probably doesn't affect him. He's not rubberbanding so why would he care that others are...

but that mini-map thing... it's obviously a conspiracy that they've let it last so long. It was an easy fix that was done before OB, they're just not releasing it as a social experiment to see if they can actually make his eyes pop out of his head.

#58 LawDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 24 April 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Great? They fix one "easy" bug. But are Plagued by 3-6 bugs SINCE closed BETA. Still not addressed. Stupid? Drink the Fing KOOLAID KID!!!!!!!!!

LAW

#59 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostLawDog, on 24 April 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Drink the Fing KOOLAID KID!!!!!!!!!

I say this because I care...

There are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

#60 Zen Hachetaki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Glad to hear this - IMO bug fixes such as this must be the priority. For myself, being able to play in a stable environment supercedes all other developments. I am fine with slower releases of new material if it means that we do not have these strange bugs (and especially crashes) that make what we do have unplayable.

Also, as pointed out, getting some reinforcement from time to time is good - "it is coming soon" does not engender confidence whereas your specific comments about "xyz is being addressed and is at ABC stage, we are expecting it to be complete by <random date>" gives us much more confidence, and by extension patience.

Please keep it coming and keep a steady dialog open (and ignore the trolls), the vast majority of us are well-intentioned and hoping for the best, even if we can get cynical and impatient - from time to time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users