Spring Clean 'em Up Sale!

64 replies to this topic

#41 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

oh, look - another sale. So, how much MC for a working hud? Can I get a discount for fps, or is it still 999999999MC?

#42 SuperBroHeroFella

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • 124 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm still waiting for the typo decal "The Devs made me do it" to go with my "Give them the finger" cockpit gif-taunt.

Until then I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING YOU HEAR ME.

:(

#43 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

I didn't get the formula Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10.

Is your damage included in value of Team damage?

And what do you mean Survive × 20 + Dead × 10? Does this mean that every survived team member gives you 20 points and dead 10 or it's only about yourself?

Edited by Dasein, 26 April 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#44 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Sales are good. These sales don't entice me to buy anything yet, considering the base prices of stuff, I think it's not enough "off". And I'll probably n ot buy anything before MC itself are on sale.

#45 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostDasein, on 26 April 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

I didn't get the formula Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10.

And what do you mean Survive × 20 + Dead × 10? Does this mean that every survived team member gives you 20 points and dead 10 or it's only about yourself?

I'd say that means you get 10 points for matches you die in and 20 points for when you survive (i.e. +10 pts for survival; same as +10 pts for win vs loss).

(Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15
This part concerns me, though. If your damage is included, this will always be a negative number and even if it does not, it will most likely be a negative number for the less damaging builds (e.g. most lights) and it's not unlikely many matches will end in a negative end game score.

Example: Everyone on the team (including you) does ~300 damage, you get 2 kills and 2 assists, win and survive.
40 + 20 - 140 + 20 + 20 = -40 if your damage counts towards the whole damage
40 + 20 - 120 + 20 + 20 = -20 if it doesn't

Even with a best case scenario (you are hard hitting and your damage does not count towards team damage) it's hard to get a positive number here.

Example: You do 600 damage, rest of the team still averages 300, you get 3 kills and 3 assists, win and survive.
60 + 30 - 100 + 20 + 20 = 30

Paradox: If the whole team does nothing and you all get slaughtered, you get 20 pts (10 loss, 10 death, no bonus or penalty for damage).

Plus you are essentially penalized twice for your team's damage output. First time to even get some positive score trough these odds, next with the tie breaker, as the lower team damage is considered better for these purposes.

Am I miscalculating something?

#46 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

Does 'cleanup' mean some items will not be accessible <---dunno if this is right-after the sale anymore? Some last chance to get the dropship or hoolagirl? This info would make me spend some MC, but i will buy some items and/or patterns and colors to make the game look a little less green.

Another question for me is if and when we can expect a gold colour or maybe a 'used' pattern to make the 'mechs look...well...used?

#47 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostJae Hyun Nakamura, on 26 April 2013 - 03:11 AM, said:

Another question for me is if and when we can expect a gold colour or maybe a 'used' pattern to make the 'mechs look...well...used?

For gold colour look up 'gamboge' in oranges, on mech it looks like dark-ish gold.
+1 on "used" pattern.

#48 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

@ssm: tyvm, i'll give it a try.

#49 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostDasein, on 26 April 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

IMHO it's meant that damage dealt will be adjusted by damage you done to own team members.
Like these guys who try to catch a kill even if one or more own two memeers are in the line of fire...

#50 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostDemos, on 26 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

IMHO it's meant that damage dealt will be adjusted by damage you done to own team members.
Like these guys who try to catch a kill even if one or more own two memeers are in the line of fire...

If they mean friendly fire that makes sense. But they should be more clear about it.

#51 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostDemos, on 26 April 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

That would explain a lot and put my concerns to rest... But in that case the wording is unclear at best.

#52 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 25 April 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

QFT, and an attempt to stem the exodus that will be occurring starting today, what with the multiple open betas starting for games that are light years ahead of this train wreck.

Too bad PGI has screwed MW5 from here to eternity. We won't see MW6 for another 10 years if we're lucky.

Buh Bye!

What open betas?

#53 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 25 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

"Fractal and Digital not included"

That is super, because Fractal is the worst released camo yet. I hate Timberline, and yet I like it more than Fractal. As a matter of fact, I have yet to see a single mech rocking Fractal.

Digital is pretty darn cool tho wit the right color combination...

Eh, I like them both, just depends on the chassis.

View PostKoniving, on 25 April 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

How do you get your mech's depicted in that picture? >.>; I want mine shown.

Screenshots from the mechbay, arranged together in Photoshop.

View PostSoy, on 25 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Yeah true, but wasn't it just single color archtypes on sale before? Now it's all of them. And some of us might not have extra MC just lying around every time they have a sale, so... for me this one is good timing and I can see myself buying 4 for the regular price of 3, why not, nows as good a time as any. I'd rather pay 3-4 dollars or w/e per color than 5-6! *shrug*

It's absolutely savvy pricing, but it would be even better for us if it was 50%. :ph34r:

View PostApostal, on 25 April 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Kinda disappointed overall, most of the colours will still cost quite abit of cash, and not even all the camo is put up for sale, just the older designs as they continue to milk the last 2 months worth of camo...

Think of it as an opportunity to pick up older camos at a discount.

#54 slash b slash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationParts unknown

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have at least one permanent pattern for each of my chassis, and I always bought it when it was 50% off.
When they release the Blackjack there will be another Medium Mech' Madness Weekend with 50% off of Medium Mech' patterns. When they release the Orion there will be another Heavy Mech' Madness Weekend with 50% off of Heavy Mech' patterns.
When they release the next Assault there will be another Assault Mech' Madness Weekend with 50% off of Assault Mech' patterns.
When they release the Flea there will be another Light Mech' Madness Weekend with 50% off of Light Mech' patterns.

#55 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postjay35, on 26 April 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Screenshots from the mechbay, arranged together in Photoshop.

Bah, too much work.

#56 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostDumbkauf, on 25 April 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Another attempt to get some cash; try fixing MM, ingame bugs, weapon balance, pug vs team balance issues, new player exp., player retention, game modes, more map variety, dx11, player base wants, communication to comunity, etc....(got bored listing as with poptartonline).

But I guess you get the picture, try spendjng time making the game great and the money will come.

I find it very difficult someone with "Legendary Founder" would truly have this point of view. Just relax a bit bro, they are working on things. Someone willing to fork out cash to an undeveloped game, can't think everything will be as he wills them to be overnight. I don't have proof but I don't need it. Cuz I just know.....

Any kind of sale is GREAT! (IMO) KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! And..... Just sweep that dirt under the rug!

PROPS PGI!

#57 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Have not bought any paints to date.

Bring back the general forum and I will paint my mechs grey and yellow (PGI logo colours) and post the pictures.

Till then, they will stay green.

#58 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostJabilo, on 26 April 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Bring back the general forum and I will paint my mechs grey and yellow (PGI logo colours) and post the pictures.

Don't forget to add Phranken pattern! Yellow bones on grey background.

#59 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Postqki, on 25 April 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

oh, look - another sale. So, how much MC for a working hud? Can I get a discount for fps, or is it still 999999999MC?

So according to you , the marketing people can also write code and should be working on bugs.

Dem Jack of all trades.

#60 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

go DV8! we will take the wins! I hope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users