Why I Like The Clan Ghost Bear

38 replies to this topic

#1 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

As a player i fell in love with the idea of Clan Ghost Bear
You were not some honor less cash hunter or fighting for a group that almost bombed them self's back to the stone age
you were trying to come back "home" and restore the starleage

I love the lore i still have my clan books and reread time to time
they at the start almost never happened as the founders were to be put in other clans. But they were in such love that rather then that then went out into the harsh world of ice and snow and face death.

in the end they were saved by a ghost bear den and found out that the bear was not this solo beast every one knew but a close famly unit. Armed with this info they went to the leader of the clans to fight there case and won

To me as some one that sees only dishonor and greed in the world. I saw the world i Wish was real a world were honor was the only thing that mattered and that love can win

#2 Hans Jorgenssen

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBearclaw

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

It is their dedication to "Family" an big blasty Assault Omnis that draw me to this Clan.

#3 Reclusiarch

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well, I'm already FRR, so the step to Clan Ghost bear is pretty natural. :ph34r:

#4 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Started by a married couple, conservative in ideas of change but when they do its for a specific reason, and big assault Mechs and really fast light Mechs. It is these reasons why I love this Clan over all others. I feel like this Clan was what Kerensky was trying to do when the brain fever didn't kick in and whacksauce his mind.

#5 Captain Lethargy

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Ghost Bear: Legacy introduced me to the Kodiak and the Stone Rhino. That's all I need.

#6 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostCaptain Lethargy, on 27 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Ghost Bear: Legacy introduced me to the Kodiak and the Stone Rhino. That's all I need.

Kodiak, Stone Rhino, and Warden clan. Gotta love the Bears.

#7 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

If I had to join a clan, this would be the one.

#8 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Clan Ghost Bear is Crusader....it is not until the Great Refusal that Ghost Bear switches to a Warden Mindset and mass exodus from the Clan homeworlds to form the Ghost Bear Dominion. Since the Great Refusal is 3060, and we are currently 3050, Crusader is how Ghost Bear is aligned. Clan Wolf is where you want to be if you are of a Warden mindset, but still want to participate as part of an invading clan (not to mention the Wolf is the chosen of Kerensky)

Edited by Vxheous, 29 April 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#9 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostVxheous, on 29 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

Clan Ghost Bear is Crusader....it is not until the Great Refusal that Ghost Bear switches to a Warden Mindset and mass exodus from the Clan homeworlds to form the Ghost Bear Dominion. Since the Great Refusal is 3060, and we are currently 3050, Crusader is how Ghost Bear is aligned. Clan Wolf is where you want to be if you are of a Warden mindset, but still want to participate as part of an invading clan (not to mention the Wolf is the chosen of Kerensky)

Not exactly.

They were Crusader up until the Battle of Tukayyid, after that they switched over to a more Warden philosophy, but never made it official until the Great Refusal to get out of the trial of refusal that the Inner Sphere forces were waging against the Clans, and actually winning.

It was a good move on their part, but it also was very convenient.

That being said, they are one of my three favorite Clans, and after the exodus from the Clan Home Worlds and the forming of the Rasalhague Dominion they do make some pretty interesting equipment.

Edited by Evinthal, 29 April 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#10 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostEvinthal, on 29 April 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

That being said, they are one of my three favorite Clans, and after the exodus from the Clan Home Worlds and the forming of the Rasalhague Dominion they do make some pretty interesting equipment.

This is the main reason that the Ghost Bears were always more compelling than the other clans: their eventual integration with the local (I.E. Rasalhaugian) population was a solid development, as opposed to the situation in the Jade Falcon, Wolf and Hell's Horses occupation zones, which never really seemed to develop into anything more than a simple occupation: in short, the other major IS clans come off as being stuck in 3050.

#11 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostHayden, on 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

This is the main reason that the Ghost Bears were always more compelling than the other clans: their eventual integration with the local (I.E. Rasalhaugian) population was a solid development, as opposed to the situation in the Jade Falcon, Wolf and Hell's Horses occupation zones, which never really seemed to develop into anything more than a simple occupation: in short, the other major IS clans come off as being stuck in 3050.

Indeed, they do have the most logical, and organic integration into the Inner Sphere out of anyone. As you say the others do indeed seem to be stuck in 3050, until the Wolves pull up stakes from the occupation zone in 3145 Era and form the Wolf Empire between the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Alliance.

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

I like their values, and their equipment. Once CW starts, I am getting my GB on.

#13 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostEvinthal, on 30 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Indeed, they do have the most logical, and organic integration into the Inner Sphere out of anyone. As you say the others do indeed seem to be stuck in 3050, until the Wolves pull up stakes from the occupation zone in 3145 Era and form the Wolf Empire between the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Alliance.

Yeah, the Wolf relocation bothers me endlessly... total deus ex machina... They lose their homeworlds in clan space, leaving them with their OZ. Then, there's a massive relocation to a totally different area of the IS, abandoning 95 years of development and infrastructure (I don't care how much the wolves could take with them, they surely could not bring it EVERYTHING), including large segments of populations that had come accustomed to clan rule. They then conquer massive swaths of territory on two fronts (FWL and their erstwhile allies, the Lyrans). No idea how they had the infrastructure to support such expansion, since they would still need to set everything up on the new worlds. I just... don't... follow...

I think the worst part is that no really good reasons for these developments are given. It is truly a dark age... of plot development...

#14 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostHayden, on 30 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Yeah, the Wolf relocation bothers me endlessly... total deus ex machina... They lose their homeworlds in clan space, leaving them with their OZ. Then, there's a massive relocation to a totally different area of the IS, abandoning 95 years of development and infrastructure (I don't care how much the wolves could take with them, they surely could not bring it EVERYTHING), including large segments of populations that had come accustomed to clan rule. They then conquer massive swaths of territory on two fronts (FWL and their erstwhile allies, the Lyrans). No idea how they had the infrastructure to support such expansion, since they would still need to set everything up on the new worlds. I just... don't... follow...

I think the worst part is that no really good reasons for these developments are given. It is truly a dark age... of plot development...

Actually it isn't all that hard to understand or that bad of a move for them.

When they pulled up from the Clan Occupation Zone they left everything non-essential. This included civilian populous and the like. If you weren't an essential part of the coming joint military operation against the Free Worlds League, you got left behind.

They didn't have all that much to really worry about.

During the campaign against the FWL they more than likely were supplied by the Lyrans, and after they offered a cease fire to the FWL and doubled back to attack their former allies, they captured supplies that were meant to be used in later stages of operation HAMMERFALL. Not to mention the worlds that came to form the Wolf Empire were already under their control from when they were sided with the Lyrans. Also most of the worlds they took from the Lyrans that had a depleted garrison of troops, making it that much easier to capture them.

#15 Ashla Mason

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

My biggest problem with A Bonfire of Worlds is that the whole thing reads off as really, really bad fanfiction, since we are expected to believe that the wolves were able to execute a massive invasion of both FWL and LC losing only a single relatively unimportant battle, bizatch slapping the wolves in exile and the jade falcons with basically no logistical support.

It certainly doesn't help that the "protagonist" is a collosal mary sue who I can only presume is psychic since he outmanouvers everyone who could represent an actual challenge to him without breaking a sweat.

#16 Lady A

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostVxheous, on 29 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

While officially a Crusader Clan throughout the 3049-3052 invasion and certainly possessed of a Crusader mindset with regards invasion progression and competition with other Clans, the Ghost Bears actively sought to capture rather than kill or destroy from the very first stages of the invasion, with their odd encounter on Porthos in the Periphery.

Right about 'now' in the in-universe invasion timeline, saKhan Theresa DelVillar is on Jarrett making aiming to capture as many Bondsmen as possible a 'thing' and the rest of the Ghost Bears take it to heart, neatly mirroring events right back from when the Clan was founded.

Of course, we have to wait until this July for the most fun event in the Ghost Bear invasion calendar - Policenigo, where the 304th Assault Cluster unexpectedly but passionately and actively fight alongside Inner Sphere partisans to free the world from a corrupt Kuritan dictator which in turn gratefully and willingly enters into the Clan caste system and society.

#17 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostLady A, on 01 May 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Of course, we have to wait until this July for the most fun event in the Ghost Bear invasion calendar - Policenigo, where the 304th Assault Cluster unexpectedly but passionately and actively fight alongside Inner Sphere partisans to free the world from a corrupt Kuritan dictator which in turn gratefully and willingly enters into the Clan caste system and society.

Guess I have some homework to do, seeing as I am part of the 304th.

#18 Lady A

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 02 May 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Guess I have some homework to do, seeing as I am part of the 304th.

Invading Clans sourcebook (FASA #1645), pages 22-23.

~Lady A, aspiring Ghost Bear Loremaster wannabe, when they finally get around to taking me as a bondsman!

Edited by Lady A, 03 May 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#19 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

i like the fact we won a world in a football game

#20 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

The Clan Totem - What the Bear, Ghost Bear represents. Size, speed, strength, intelligent, aggressive yet can be gentle.

Clan idealogy - Family, legacy.

Touman - Strong mechs in ability, firepower, resiliance.

Adaptability to change with the tide though tend to do so with care and precision. -

Commraderie found in the fellow pilots I have dropped with, continue to drop with and the new cubs brought into the fold, as they tend to stay as the environment is conducive to teamwork, friendships and cohesiveness in combat.

Edited by 8100d 5p4tt3r, 15 May 2013 - 08:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users