For Awesome Pilots

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Bigger arm hit boxes for the Awesome. (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the awesome have bigger arm hit boxes?

1. yes (8 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. no (6 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

3. Comment below (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Both bigger arms and smaller ct (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Would Making the ct smaller make the awesome less unique?

1. Yes (3 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. No (14 votes [82.35%])

Percentage of vote: 82.35%

3. Comment (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

I have been hearing a lot of talk lately about giving the awesome a smaller center torso hit box. All awesomes die from center torso destruction unless you happen to be really good at twisting to spread the damage. It has become common advice to awesomes to spin and let your arms take the damage to make yourself last longer. Personally I like the idea of making mechs more unique, it seems as though pgi likes to as well. Currently the sides are so small there is almost no reason no to use xl engines. Along the same idea of making an awesome last longer by spreading out the damage I propose this idea. Instead of making the center torso smaller why not make the arms bigger. Currently they are big enough to cover most of the side torsos. Why not make them big enough to cover part of the center torso from some damage as well. If we are already twisting to spread damage and if pgi wants to make mechs different why not embrace this quirk in the awesome? Just an idea, to make doing what we do easier.

#2 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

The other thing that may help is to give them back their better turning radius. Even the better torso twist doesn't make up for the loss of the turning radius.

#3 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Side torsos are actually pretty big on it too. Even torso twisting doesn't really help fully, your ct sticks out even at a side-on view. I would support making the ct just a tiny bit smaller, and would certainly support making the arms/side torsos accurate to what you see in the mech lab instead of in-game (see my post about this here).

#4 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Sure it's Lego, but this is a svelte, suave and well proportioned Awesome. It was also made by one of the devs! MODEL IT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

No the Awesome has always been the fat boy of MW. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Awesome

It's what makes it the awesome. The problem is its now in a fps situation where players can actually aim at specific locations.

I don't know what can be done but changing a defining characteristic of the Awesome would mean losing what it means to be that mech. That Lego mech above looks more like a highlander.

#6 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

make it smaller = problem solved

#7 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Make Armor dependend on Hit Box Sizes.

OR change the armor system complete:

30 % for CT
13 % for Leg
15 % for Side
7 % for Arms

#8 Chaosdrive

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

I do find when I'm in an Awesome that, even when fully twisted and trying to turn, most damage goes to my CT. Very little goes to my arms unless the player is specifically trying to take of an opened arm (Which, on my frequented build, starts each match with 0 armour) and very little goes to my side Torso's despite twisting and turning.
I agree that there is very little point not to throw an XL in an Awesome, the side Torso's feel really small when being fired upon and I can only recall dying from an XL once.

On the other hand I wouldn't want the Awesome to lose all of its ability to survive while using an XL, the fact it is acceptable to bring an XL in the Awesome makes up for its lack of tonnage in it's weight class.

Hmm.. After thinking about it, I would say that if I had to choose I'd go with larger arm hitboxes, looking at them from the side the arms are huge, though overall I'd prefer a slightly smaller CT hitbox and slightly bigger arm hitboxes.

Also, and maybe this is just me, I don't want the Awesome to graphically change (unless the CT had to be shrunk for it to be hit properly in game) I'd just like a tiny hit box adjustment.

Ok I've said my piece, now I'm going to wait seven years for the 9Q and then two more for the 11M.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users