Marauder

29 replies to this topic

#1 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

I saw some new pic of Marauder and Marauder 2 and it doesn't look like the macross/robotech zendradi command pod its from a mechwarrior wiki i saw earlier hope this can help bring the marauder back to life in mwo

Posted ImageMarauder

Posted Image
Mad-4S Marauder II

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

i woudlnt mind seeing those. we need more chiekcn walkers anwyay

#3 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Problem is that almost all the oldschool BT fans (and its mainly us that want the unseen back) want the original look not the (again in our opinion) phoenix project abominations.

#4 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

Well problem is always the copyright lawyers of harmony gold unless those dudes stop throwing lawsuite seeing the marauder in its full glory in mwo will remain a dream if we get this one it's really alot better than nothing ;)

#5 Skulli Bloodspiller

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:48 PM

I would sell my soul to play a Marauder IIC, but I already have 3 liens on it already! ;)

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I can actually Stomach the PP Marauder, with some minor alterations. The T-Bolt and Rifleman ore both workable too. Problem is, pretty much all of the rest look like steaming piles, and the Warhammer is arguably the worst.
Posted Image
Modded with heavier legs, and the "pod" arms, I could deal with it.

But literally dozens of artists from Flying Debris (Alex, the in house artist) to Shimmering Sword and myself, have made dozens of versions hoping one would catch on.
Posted Image
(my version, for example)

#7 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

if they ever add it in game. i'd want something between the reseen and the unseen

#8 Skulli Bloodspiller

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

Behemoth.

The only Mech I'll ever need!

#9 HarmAssassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI, USA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

Original Marauder or none at all (I'm still waiting for my Battlemaster).

Edited by HarmAssassin, 26 April 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#10 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 April 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

But literally dozens of artists from Flying Debris (Alex, the in house artist) to Shimmering Sword and myself, have made dozens of versions hoping one would catch on.
Posted Image
(my version, for example)

I love that redesign.
It looks very different from the original but keeps some of the key features of the chasis.

Here the original for comparison.
Posted Image

Looks different enough to me.

Edited by Roadbuster, 26 April 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#11 Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

I just want my Scorpion.

I'm fine with reseens xD

#12 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

While I'm fond of Shimmering-Sword's take on the Marauder (check out XTRO Succession Wars to see his), I question how much a reseen Marauder would actually bring to MWO. (I'm taking it as a given that the unseen design is off limits.) You've already given up on nostalgia, since whether or not you like those designs nobody at all is nostalgic about Project Phoenix, and anything else would be even newer. The Cataphract already fills a similar combat role of heavy laserboat with an occasional ballistic and/or missile hardpoint. The Orion should be along at some point, and in the medium term, we'll almost certainly be getting the Mad Cat, so we'll have fan-favorite 75t mechs.

Why bother with the Marauder, except to say, "Yeah, this game has the Marauder"?

#13 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

one thing it brings back memories :D although im not a purist i wanna see the marauder in its later carnation :)

#14 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I hope they Bring out the Marauder MAD-SD variant kinda cool almost timber wolf like

MAD-SD Marauder Douglas - The personal ‘Mech of 12th Vegan Rangers Alpha Regiment commander Margrave Sheridan Douglass during the DCMS's Third Succession War invasion of Galtor III, only the arm mounted medium lasers remain, with each PPC replaced by a Large Laser and the autocannon swapped for a pair of SRM-4 launchers with a shared ton of reloads. The remaining weight and space is devoted to five additional heat sinks and three extra tons of armor. BV (2.0) = 1,459[50]

with a endo steele and changing srm to lrm :D wala fake timber wolf :)

Edited by tarlison2k11, 27 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#15 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Voila. And you can run that on a Catapult or Cataphract. It would also be really bad.

#16 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Well anyone that runs into either those mad kittys would really be bad :P even a timberwold (Madcat) for that matter :o imagine you were walking alone minding ur own business with ur timber wolf or any other clan mech then out of the blue u see either of those kittys showering u with either the following 36 armor piercing rockets, a hail of 30 to 205 mm high v anti armor rounds a barrage of superheated lights or a control nuclear reaction blast either of those are not nice to see even in a clan mech specially if its directed to u :)

#17 Kristina Sarah McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

They could use the Marauder if they would just use a design similar to the one WizKids made for the IIC for the tabletop Age of Destruction game.

Here is a link to said design, which I actually like.

#18 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Posttarlison2k11, on 27 April 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Well anyone that runs into either those mad kittys would really be bad :P even a timberwold (Madcat) for that matter :o imagine you were walking alone minding ur own business with ur timber wolf or any other clan mech then out of the blue u see either of those kittys showering u with either the following 36 armor piercing rockets, a hail of 30 to 205 mm high v anti armor rounds a barrage of superheated lights or a control nuclear reaction blast either of those are not nice to see even in a clan mech specially if its directed to u :)

I have no idea what you just said. Are you having a stroke?

View PostJoseph Marik, on 27 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

They could use the Marauder if they would just use a design similar to the one WizKids made for the IIC for the tabletop Age of Destruction game.

That's the Reseen design from Project Phoenix.

#19 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

36 rockets = 6 srm-6
30mm to 205mm high velocity rounds = AC 2 to AC 20
Super heated light = Lasers
Controlled nuclear reaction blast = PPC

#20 tarlison2k11

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Anyway I think a standard equip Timberwolf (Madcat) who get face to face with a Splat cat or other crazy build using Catapults and Cataphracts will really get a hard time. those inner sphere monster have enough fire power to knock a healthy mech down in one good hit which might be scary even for a clan pilot , and would give a season clan pilot a lot of problems, specially if its controlled by a good pilot, the build of most mech in mwo can really make clanners think twice before messing up with the these seemingly obsolete inner sphere mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users