Marauder

29 replies to this topic

#21 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

I have no idea what you're babbling about or what it has to do with Marauders.

#22 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostJoseph Marik, on 27 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

They could use the Marauder if they would just use a design similar to the one WizKids made for the IIC for the tabletop Age of Destruction game.

Here is a link to said design, which I actually like.

View PostZharot, on 27 April 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

That's the Reseen design from Project Phoenix.

What's more, the fin-things at the back give it away as the Project Phoenix version of the Clan-built, 85-ton Marauder IIC...
Posted Image

#23 MasterErrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

marauders one of my favourite mechs...but I'ld like to point out that that is what the Cataphract is a direct marauder replacement.

#24 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Cataphract is cool and all, but it's no Marauder.

Orion is cool, but it appears that the MW:O version suffers from obesity. For its size, the legs are too fat and the hips are too wide. And, it's no Marauder.

There can be only one ... and it's not the Highlander.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Posttarlison2k11, on 27 April 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Anyway I think a standard equip Timberwolf (Madcat) who get face to face with a Splat cat or other crazy build using Catapults and Cataphracts will really get a hard time. those inner sphere monster have enough fire power to knock a healthy mech down in one good hit which might be scary even for a clan pilot , and would give a season clan pilot a lot of problems, specially if its controlled by a good pilot, the build of most mech in mwo can really make clanners think twice before messing up with the these seemingly obsolete inner sphere mechs.

except the ER Large Lasers (that do more damage than ours, at longer range than ER PPCs) and LRMs with no minimum range will core out your splat cat before you get close and the MadCat will still be running faster. Or they will demonstrate what CLAN ER PPCs and 4 Streak SIX pcks can do to an Inner Sphere Mech.

#26 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 28 April 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Orion is cool, but it appears that the MW:O version suffers from obesity. For its size, the legs are too fat and the hips are too wide. And, it's no Marauder.

All of the MWO designs are like that. The TT designs almost always turn out lanky and weirdly skinny-looking when you try to turn them into 3D shapes, either miniatures or game models.

Posted Image

That is five tons less than an Awesome, and five tons more than a Cataphract. It's the same reason the Centurion is wider and stockier, the Awesome is fat and wide, and the Cataphract is a solid wall.

#27 Geminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostMasterErrant, on 28 April 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

marauders one of my favourite mechs...but I'ld like to point out that that is what the Cataphract is a direct marauder replacement.

It can not be a "direct replacement" a direct replacement would weigh the same, the phract is 5 tons lighter, and would have the same hard point setup, it does not. It may be similar, but not the same.

Edited by Geminus, 09 June 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#28 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 26 April 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Problem is that almost all the oldschool BT fans (and its mainly us that want the unseen back) want the original look not the (again in our opinion) phoenix project abominations.

Actually, despite being an ancient TT/Mechwarrior fan, I don't really care for the old illustrations of the older mechs. I mainly just care about the names of the mechs and the hardpoints. If they only vaguely resemble the old mechs, that's fine with me. There's more in the name and spirit than the crappy 80's and early 90s illustrations of these mechs.

#29 Lightning Kurita

• PipPip
  • The Icon
  • The Icon
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostMasterErrant, on 28 April 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Cataphrakt cant be an replacement for anything its a very own Mech like the MAD!

#30 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 28 April 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

What's more, the fin-things at the back give it away as the Project Phoenix version of the Clan-built, 85-ton Marauder IIC...
Posted Image

This is the design they used on the Mechwarrior Age of Destruction collectibles.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users