If A Player Has A Ping Above 100, They Are Not Allowed To Drive A Light Mech.

82 replies to this topic

#61 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostSRM Rondeau, on 27 April 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

If a player has a ping above 100, they are not allowed to drive a light mech. Period. High ping? too bad buddy - you are ruining the game! (And you are not as good as you think you are.) Some people even manipulate packet loss to artificially create this situation. The new Rewind state might be nice, but I get high ping light mechs with poor connections hopping and popping and rubber banding around so they cant be hit accurately. They know it and they use it. I have been swarmed by groups that look more like they are attacking me under a stroboscopic disco light.

what about all low ping players are defaulted to 300ms ping -- there problem solved!

#62 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 27 April 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

I had suggested something along the line of a Ping-Dependent, scaled Speed Cap that was FAR less stringent and restrictive as that presented by the OP, and it was both embraced and rejected by the Community. I had suggested this (a while ago...): Posted Image This, I thought was reasonable at the time... but others found it to be unacceptable. This was back before Host State Rewind and the netcode improvements, back when Lights tended to teleport in 50m increments instead of walking in continuous paths.

i'm glad they didn't listen to you...

#63 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostSRM Rondeau, on 27 April 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

The world is not fair.

So put up with it.

#64 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

You folks are fighting a zombie, aim for its head.

#65 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

If they did this they would lose the EU market, not our fault we have a 105 ping the servers are in north america.
I have no problem getting blown to bits in my lights, I think this is just buthurt from a person who can not aim.

#66 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:52 AM

@OP

Your ability to hit a mech isn't affected by the enemy's latency, only by your own latency to the server. You are shooting at server simulation of the target mech, his client does not figure anywhere in your hit detection.

In other words, your idea makes absolutely no sense.

#67 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 27 April 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Weird, I average around a 150 ping and run just fine.

How about you take your arbitrary number you've pulled out of your butt and...

meh, I've already lost interest.

This is so ... meh I already lost interest.

#68 Borengar629

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 305 posts
  • Location3rd rock next to sun

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

If a player has a ping above 100, they are not allowed to drive a light mech. Period. High ping? too bad buddy - you are ruining the game! (And you are not as good as you think you are.) Some people even manipulate packet loss to artificially create this situation. The new Rewind state might be nice, but I get high ping light mechs with poor connections hopping and popping and rubber banding around so they cant be hit accurately. They know it and they use it. I have been swarmed by groups that look more like they are attacking me under a stroboscopic disco light.

So basically you're saying "prevent" all europeans from driving light mechs.... Thanks mate. How kind of you.

#69 Roadbuster

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

If a player has a ping above 100, they are not allowed to drive a light mech. Period. High ping? too bad buddy - you are ruining the game! (And you are not as good as you think you are.)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You should read what you wrote, think about it, read it again and think some more.
Then come back and make a serious post about improving gameplay.

If you have the solution for eliminating latency for worldwide communication though, please accept my apology.

#70 PanzerFurrry

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

So, you are prohibiting to play a light mech for everyone except North American continent and some Latin American countries. Well done.
However, as stated in the newest Technical update, it is not high latency that is causing issues. It's a fluctuation of latency that is creating a havoc in HSR algorithms and making some mechs unhitable. That fluctuation is not limited to high latency and can also affect players with pings bellow 50 ms.

#71 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:14 AM

Anyone remember dialup times in games without any kind of lag correction? Having pings of under 200 from behind an ocean is luxury and people like the op are the reason why we cannot have nice things.

#72 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostSRM Rondeau, on 27 April 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Yes, I was playing then too. What's your point? Just because it was bad back then means we should accept it as bad now? Good Pings back then were in the 200's, now 50 is common - lets take advantage of the improvements.

And when all the above 100's are Light Segregated, then who gets the shaft next? The over 200's can't drive a Heavy (bad Hit Reg)? Get a grip lad, it is a game.

#73 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostFrostCollar, on 27 April 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Had you considered that many of these people might just be living further from the server? I see no need to penalize Australians for their location on the globe.

Can I punish them at least for that accent that my wife finds sexier than mine?B)

#74 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostOzora Wolfsaber, on 27 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

well i guess i can't drive a light anymore, seeing how even though i'm only like 5 hours from pgi hq, i live in a rural farming community and even with dsl have a steady 125 ping

Dude, you are single handly ruining the game. Stop it please. If you would not object, I will increase my ping by 26 and send you the extra, as you seem like a nice fellow. Don't fret though, I will be alright too. 26 ping more would only put me up to only 58, so no segregation for either of us. Woohooo! B)

Edited by MaddMaxx, 08 August 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#75 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

Umm, no, 100ms is nothing. When I use my phone to tether and play I still sit at 70-95 and never seem to have an issue with people hitting me when I am in a light.

The problem is people trying to hit lights going 150kph using PPC.

#76 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostOzora Wolfsaber, on 27 April 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

well i guess i can't drive a light anymore, seeing how even though i'm only like 5 hours from pgi hq, i live in a rural farming community and even with dsl have a steady 125 ping

Back to your Agromech, bush pilot! ;)

Actually, I suspect OP is afraid of Asian drivers in fast cars. Darn bigots!

Edited by Die Primate Die, 08 August 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#77 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

A player that doesn't have more then 500 posts can't post in this sub-forum.

#78 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostKitane, on 08 August 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

@OP

Your ability to hit a mech isn't affected by the enemy's latency, only by your own latency to the server. You are shooting at server simulation of the target mech, his client does not figure anywhere in your hit detection.

In other words, your idea makes absolutely no sense.

You can have a high ping and play smooth. However if you have a high ping and are getting packet loss then theres issues.
But you can have issues hitting a guy with high ping. If he is going straight and turns left, and there isnt good info to the server saying he turned left. He will snap from last place known to be to the new one.

But if you have a 250 ping and he has a 250 ping thats a 1/2 a sec delay between what you two are doing. I know that dont seem like alot but I make my living drag racing motorcycles and 1/2 a second is a world apart. And sometimes in games also lol.

But anywho, Im not a programmer but that hows I understand it to be. If it isnt sorry and feel free to correct me, Im not a know it all.

#79 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cry more. Your tears fuel my Jenners.

#80 Marlowe Lecter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostSRM Rondeau, on 27 April 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

The world is not fair.

Oh the irony of this statement based on your original whine.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users