Wife left me last month signed my divorce papers today

67 replies to this topic

#41 GrimFist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAlter-Ego - Death Watch Warship - Retribution - Ageis class (M)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Grim's rules for wife # 2.

Do I get my gaming evenings with a happy ending, check.

Do I get to go to Vegas with the guys, check

If I go out now and again and buy lots of booze with the boys does she freak out...

<example... a few out of town freinds and former coworkers.. at some point I spent 750 bucks on booze at the strip club, her response, do you do this often?.. That is a keeper.

In the end we dont sweat the small stuff and we do spend a great deal of time with kids and each other.

:P

#42 Sierra484

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postcinder, on 05 June 2012 - 11:29 AM, said:

She said, "If you want to go out with your friends or to the game store, I'm fine with that. Please go out and do what you do."
I replied, "So, you need your alone time, sometimes?"
She scoffed, "No, I want you out of my hair on raid nights."

WIN ! :P

#43 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Wife starts being a bother?

Blow off her right torso with an AC20!

Divorce works too I suppose. More boring.

#44 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 05 June 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Just in time for MWO :P my now ex wife hated me playing games (your to old blah blah blah) and now Iam free to play MWO (when its released) in the front room in my underpants without being nagged at ;)

More power to ya buddy.

What the hell kind of excuse is that digital entertainment is for children? I'll never understand women. "I want to be with you and then change you to be more like someone I envisioned you to be rather than realized you were". Pft. Let the nag rot. Go get cha MWO on! :D

#45 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostModYokosuka, on 05 June 2012 - 04:38 PM, said:

My wife will be right next to me playing MWO :P

The closest I ever got my wife to playing a 'Mech game was Shogo.
She would rather play Unreal Tournament or L4D2 than MWO. ;)

#46 Wango Tango

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I've been married for 14 years. My wife has no interest in gaming. For 2 years she refered to herself as a WoW widow. She gave up complaining long ago. Like some of the other posts, she says at least she knows where I am. And on occasion, very rare occasion, she will even bring me a beer. :P

#47 Toothman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 557 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

There are some good ones out there. My wife lets me play pretty much as much as I want and since my computer is getting a bit old as soon as there is some fun money she's authorized the building of a new gaming computer. She also likes when I take her up north for hunting even though she doesn't hunt. Be picky and only choose the right one. They are out there.

#48 Mod Yokosuka

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostGendou, on 05 June 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

The closest I ever got my wife to playing a 'Mech game was Shogo.
She would rather play Unreal Tournament or L4D2 than MWO. :P

She wants to pilot an atlas cause she thinks its cute. And she will probably leg me all the time for the lullz

#49 OperationExodus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

GF is sitting next to me waiting for a beta key :P

#50 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostModYokosuka, on 05 June 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

She wants to pilot an atlas cause she thinks its cute. And she will probably leg me all the time for the lullz

If I got my wife to try a Jenner or other light 'Mech, she'd probably like it. She likes combat up-close, personal and fast-paced.
She plays a rogue in WOW, she prefers the flak cannon in UT, and she goes for balls-out expansionism in Civilization IV.

Now I just have to convince her to try it. Hopefully she'll be bored with Mortal Kombat by the time MWO comes out.

#51 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Been thinking for a while how to drag my gf into gaming, the answer found naturally after a friend of mine bought Diablo 3 and we left her alone with it for quite some time right after showing her how she can play it ofc.

When we came back a few hours and couple of beers later she was trying to kill the Skeleton King and right after that she bought her own account. :P

The best thing is that after so long now she finally understands why one should be often left alone while gaming.
Too bad MWO won't be that easy for her as she never played shooters before but i'll certainly try to drag her into this game aswell. ;)

#52 empath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUTC - 3:30

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

You guys got me in trouble with my Better Half - y'all made me laugh while she was busy recording an episode for one of her Let's Plays. :D

(She's two feet behind my left shoulder at the newer computer for that very reason - mine's maybe two years old, but still beefy enough for MW:O)

My boast is that I made her into a gamer. :P

She wanted to watch what I was doing (she was a great 'GiB' while playing the Jedi Knight games), and eventually she got into stuff herself (on 'the' computer while I was at work, then eventually getting the older pc when I made an upgrade, etc. etc.) She still doesn't have the knack of WASD and similar, otherwise she'd be kicking my rear torso. ;)

Edited by empath, 05 June 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#53 Red October911

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 211 posts
  • LocationMTL,Quebec

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 05 June 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

You lucky SOB ;)

EHM I mean, I love my wife.

View PostCloakRogue, on 05 June 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

In your underpants? Why not without those?

:P

View PostBoymonkey, on 05 June 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Because I have a cat and she has gone for my trouser snake once before :D

View PostZynk, on 05 June 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

To prevent brown stains on furniture. :huh:

Good lord Lawl XD If i'd be drinking milk, i'd have spilled it out of my nose

yfw your female/ nag-a-tron 5000/ wife/ *insert annoying woman joke* broke up with you:Posted Image

Enjoy your freedom my friend!

Edited by Red October911, 05 June 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#54 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostFelix Davion, on 05 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

GF is sitting next to me waiting for a beta key ;)

Likewise...Girlfriend now is the same person to years ago tell me that there's this whole thing outside MechWarrior, called Battletech. :P

#55 Th3Q

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostToothman, on 05 June 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

There are some good ones out there. My wife lets me play pretty much as much as I want and since my computer is getting a bit old as soon as there is some fun money she's authorized the building of a new gaming computer. She also likes when I take her up north for hunting even though she doesn't hunt. Be picky and only choose the right one. They are out there.

Your a lucky man as well ! My wife got our tower repaired just for me to play mwo ! Also she goes deer hunting with me too,unfortunatly she usualy gets the bigger buck ! Thank God she dont play mwo LOL

#56 Ambartanen

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOrbit of Galatea.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostXendojo, on 05 June 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Dig it!!! Gamer Girls rule!!! Wish i had one....but ill just stick with my sugar mama!!! She likes to watch me play ^^ AND brings home the bacon!!!

Well they rule as long as they don't hate EVERY SINGLE game you play and keep nagging you to start playing SIMS with them!

#57 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 05 June 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Just in time for MWO :P my now ex wife hated me playing games (your to old blah blah blah) and now Iam free to play MWO (when its released) in the front room in my underpants without being nagged at ;)

Cena?!

#58 Keebler

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDallas, Tx

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

June 1st was my 3 Year Anniversary of my Divorce.

In 2003 my now Ex Wife, Then GF, almost dumped me for playing too much Mechwarrior 2 (and 4), so I stopped playing, for 3 years. Just to please her. Fast forward 2006, two kids, and a station in Minot, ND. She starts playing an online game called Gaia. To the point we're IMing each other "who's making dinner?" Fast Forward 2007, she meets a girl, flies to New Hampshire for her, lots of crap in between... File for divorce 6 months later.

4 years 6months since Dec 2007, I've got full custody, and never have to see her again.

Moral of the story? Never let ANYONE compromise the things you love. Every relationship requires Compromises, but only if they're Reciprocated. Never give up who you are, or change your entire being for someone, and if anyone asks you to change, make sure they're willing to change for you too. It's all about teamwork and respecting one's own hobbies.

I'm glad you're happier, a divorce is always a good thing. As Louis CK says, "Tell me one good relationship that ends in divorce?!" Enjoy who you are, enjoy life, and most of all, Play Whatever the hell you want!

#59 Major Bill Curtis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Andurien

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Congrats, mate: divorce is often the best thing that can happen to you. You learn what you want, what you need, and what's important. I know many people happily married to their second spouse :P

#60 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

All of you give me hope that I can one day find a woman that shares my passion.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users