Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

http://www.mechspecs...p?29-Highlander <--- pick one

#22 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

i use the same build, except with 2 UAC/5s instead of the ac20, ams, and an xl 325 engine

#23 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

HGN-732 - Obviously OverheatWarrior Online. I do it for the lulz.

HGN-733C - I do pretty good with this build.

Third one is a Heavy Metal. 1 Guass and 3 Large Lasers and 2 Streaks.

#24 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Finally broke down and bought HM on Tuesday. Great mech and great c-bill grinder. I've been running with XL330, GR, 3LLs and 2SRM6s. The hardpoints are a little more awkward than the 732 - not as good for distance sniping, but much much better for fighting on hills with. Or dropping shots down over cover right in front of you...

#25 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

HGN 733C

300STD
14DHS
Endosteel
AMS
1 Gauss + 1 AC2, grouped fire spammed
3 ssrm2
2mpulse

love it

#26 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:13 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...58cad855282ea51

#27 DonVitoCorleone

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

After tinkering around, I have found and fell in love with the following build on the HGN-733: I'm sure some may criticize and they are welcome to. But I have found this mech to be well rounded in short and long range, able to counter the ever-annoying ecm lights, relatively cool, and packing true survivability (even with the XL):

Engine: XL 315 Speed 56.7

(Yes, XL in an assault makes some giggle like schoolgirls. Fact is, I love the additional speed. The extra maneuverability and ability to get behind corners after a volley imho more than makes up for the fact that you will die if you lose a torso. With 12-member teams coming up, most likely if you lose a torso- you are likely to die shortly even with a standard engine).

Flame away the above paragraph at will.

Armament:
2 ERPPC's (s/l range- ability to temporarily disable ecm to enable use of streaks even on ecm mechs).
1 Gauss Rifle (If you don't know why then you've never lived) 30 ammo
4 SSRM2's (no worrying on needing artemis for a solid volley to hit- great light mech killer, and perfect to use when ppc's disable ecms. Also: After you kill somebody with them they rage about streaks- very worth it! 200 ammo (25 shots)

Once running hot after 3-4 double erppc shots, you still can fire your gauss rifle and the streak srms without running your heat up at all (though it won't decrease either)

Double Heat Sinks: 15
Jump Jets: 1 (For jump shooting and overall maneuverability)
No Endo Steel
No Comp Armor
(10 Free Slots- just 2 short of possible usage of endo)

Armor maxed except legs which I have 53. I rarely (1 in 20ish deaths maybe) get legged.

Modules:

Adv Sensor Range (a given imho)
Adv Target Decay (for streaks and location knowledge)
Adv Seismic Sensor (yup!)

ok the seismic sensor... I see so few people utilize them and I have fallen in love with them. Especially in a highlander that jump-shoots- being able to know the relative location of an enemy on the other side of a barrier (ex: canyon ledge- low buildings etc) BEFORE jumping allows you to pinpoint pre-jump where to turn your mech. This allows a quick jump-fire-drop without staying in the air too long to draw too much attention or ppc fire.

Oh to conclude, I oftentimes end up *sigh* pugging so every game is a roll of the dice. However I am giving my best and honest estimate that I average around 350-550 damage about 70 percent of the time. Sometimes I get those great maps where you bring in 800+ with 4 kills (I estimate about 20 percent of the time) and about 10 percent of the time I get rolled in my pug match from 2 discons and monster-energy drink soaked rambo'ers and flake out at 150-200 damage.

Thank you for reading and I hope this may help you in finding that perfect build.

Good luck out there!

Vito

Edited by DonVitoCorleone, 04 June 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#28 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

This is my HGN 732 (made for brawling). Not hot, but rather slow. Since the new patch I am quite satisfied with the SRMs.

HGN-732

Any comments or suggestions?

#29 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

I present you my brawler; the "Facemelter". This is THE ultimate brawler, as long as your damned damage sponge CT holds. Anything other than a Stalker or an Atlas dies after two alphas to the face,no matter where in the torso you shoot. Cataphracts and Awesomes make the best preys, and even the mighty Centurion can't last long against this kind of SRM monstrosity.

HGN-733

As you can see, the your main punch comes from 4 SRM6 launchers which pump 36 damage every 4 seconds for acceptable heat. The gauss serves as a "finisher" and syncs up nicely with the SRM6'es at 4 seconds a cycle. It will strip the damaged armor for a killing blow. LPL is mostly there for extra punch when you need it, but also serves as a backup weapon for those longs brawls where you exhaust all your ammo.

The trick is getting up close and personal. That's why you equip advanced seismic and wait for your moment. You can survive against two mechs, but against three you'll melt very quick. When you commit, pick the biggest and broadest mech and rush to their face(cataphracts, awesomes, trebs, cents all make good targets; avoid Stalkers). Shoot-Jump-Shoot, let the other mech shoot you in air. Those who wait for you to land are the biggest threats, you need to do some torso twisting and mind games to take care of them. Since you can't survive in the open(but you can shoot back with the Gauss), tunnels and canyons are your biggest friends.

Btw, say what you say about the XL, I can count the times I died to a ST destruction with my fingers out of about 200-300 HGN games. XL's are mandatory for Highlanders. I'm even thinking about taking armor off my sides and adding them to legs.

Edited by Tahribator, 06 June 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#30 BaconCouch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

This is what I run with my 733C
It can snipe at range with the dual ER-PPCs, and when people close in, the AC 20 and SRMs pack an impressive punch, that, and the PPCS can also be used up-close in a pinch.

If the PPCs aren't firing, the SRM and AC 20 heat is easily manageable, however, it tends to run on the hot side.

HGN-733C

Edited by BaconCouch, 07 June 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#31 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

After 300 matches in this is the Highlander for me. I occasionally switch to the standard 2ERPPC and 1 Gauss sniper build, but I always come back to this. Effective at all ranges and against all types of mechs.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9de1c6299496308

#32 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Thinking about getting a heavy metal and running it like this
should have the ammo for 12v12 as well i think

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d1495f404ed47f2

any suggestions?

Edited by kevin roshak, 09 June 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#33 Allister Rathe

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationEast Bay, California

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

This is what I run in the HGN-733P, it's far and away my favorite platform as a missile boat so far. 50 LRM tubes from the 2x A-LRM20 and one A-LRM10 gives you great potential for fire support, backed up by its own TAG and ERPPC to counter those obnoxious ECMs at range. The large laser is helpful as pinpoint damage on slower targets and chasing away any light 'Mech that manages to get inside your minimum range, and provided you manage your heat and twist the torso to spread damage and protect that XL engine, it can be an incredibly effective ride.

Positioning and awareness are very key, because although the ERPPC/LL are great as backup weapons (and I've had numerous matches fall down to those two weapons after my missiles run dry) if any enemy gets beneath that 180 meter umbrella unscathed and you're unsupported, you can have a very bad day.

#34 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

Guys,

I need some advice on my highlanders.

First one is a brawler build based on the 733 chassis.

HGN-733

As you can see most of the damage essentially comes from 4 SRM6+Artemis launchers. The Gauss adds some longe range capabilites though. I am not so happy with the medium lasers but I am out of ideas how to add more firepower without getting to hot. Alphastrike gives 61 dmg and I can fire two to three of them before overheating. This mech is somehow satisfying.

Next one is a medium to long range support build using the 732 chassis.

HGN-732

What i really like is the cooling efficiency and the constant DPS rate of this mech. However, when a mech comes closer than 180 meters I am screwed. Any ideas how to improve that?

Final mech is a 733C brawler build with the AC20 instead of the Gauss.

HGN-733C

Getting into combat with this mech was awesome until i realized that it is less efficient compared to the 733 Brawler and misses the long range capabilites of the Gauss. Adding a PPC or ER-PPC would make it too hot and you would constantly overheat in a long brawl. Actually, when I am done with elite skillz, I would anyhow sell one chassis. Which ones would you stick with?

Thx for your help and advice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users