Learn Koreanese's Way Of Mechkwondo (Training+Tip Videos)

102 replies to this topic

#41 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

make a vid about what this patch broke! heheh i'm too lazy to read readmes.

#42 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Appreciate the time and effort you have done in creating these videos Koreanese.

Cheers Eboli.

#43 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

another video up! this one is about how to achieve high damage in games that you are loosing

Edited by Koreanese, 07 May 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#44 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Thanks for doing these Koreanese. I was going to start a topic along the lines of "I suck. How can I improve", and then I found this thread. Some invaluable tips, and I now absolutely love my 2ML 3SRM6 Zombie Cent. :)

#45 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

what about hitpoints? can ya make a quick one explaining that?

doesn't a standard heatsink have the same hitpoints as a double, but only takes up one slot, so if i had the tonnage, i could use 9 standard heatsinks where only 3 dbl would fit. while the heat efficiency would be better don't i get 90 hitpoints vs the 30 the dbls offer, making a mech hardier? some mechs might beni from this? or is my thinking all wrong.

Edited by BoPop, 08 May 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#46 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

Not much of a number crunching kinda guy, I just use whatever works

Next video will be how to use your arms to maximum potential!

#47 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Aww, it got unstickied...:)

#48 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostKoreanese, on 04 May 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

ctf 2X is probably the best one to brawl with, if you don't have good aim. you can have ac, las, and streaks to have variety of weapon to brawl. now, if you can aim well, 1X is better. lot of pin point dmg. 4X is the worst POS for cataphract. its simple too slow. 3D is EXCELLENT brawler. the JJ is unforgiving tool to the enemy even in brawling. I believe cataphract is superior to everything else because of flat body. jeagermech has flat body, but its sides are vunerable because it don't have arms to protect it!. that's the only reason I am not a huge fan of jeagermech. you cant use arm has a shield to protect the torso. probably the best brawler I used is 4med las and ac20 with 3JJ on my 3D. its mobile but deadly at same time. remember, mobility is your most dangerous weapon! not having triple gauss on ilya!

I took the 3d and removed the extra ppc no jj standard engine. So it now has Gauss/ER PPC/3Med Laser. Great brawler. No xl gives it even more durability. With a speed of 68 and heat eff of 1.38 it performs great on the field. Still love my hunchies though. Totally agree on mobility. My Med strike lance relies heavily on that and we only get decimated when we deviate from that course. Nice that your doing vids btw.

#49 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Good thing with 3d I use for brawl is that it has both endo n ferro n stand engine. With jump jets its deadly at a brawl

#50 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

I jack myself up with JJ's, always have. I like having better Heat Eff. I would work on getting better with them but the feeling that they will mess with them doesn't make it worth the time. Sometimes the Poppers catch me but I think it's less than alot of the complainers out there because of my style of play. I would have probably bothered masterd the jj for flying over targets on the Treb if its turning/torso/arm movement weren't so pathetic.

Edited by PropagandaWar, 08 May 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#51 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

Thank god Koreanese has too much time on his hands and decides to spend it playing MWO and making videos. :)

Seruiosly, thanks *raises beer stein*

#52 EV1LSPOCK

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

Excellent vids; definitely appreciate you taking the time. I'm thinking some beer might help improve my aim.

#53 vgaman

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

These videos are excellent, thank you!

My recommendation (which is probably bad) is to make a few videos for players that are just plain stupid, like me, where you actually play in a real match from beginning to end while talking about what it is that you're doing and why. Frequently due to the fact that I'm dumb I find myself running around not really knowing whether I should capture or fight, whether I should be engaging the enemy in this situation or running away, or what. Some videos where you play an entire match and describe what you're doing and why might help idiots like me that don't really have a clue what they're doing exactly.

Thanks again for the videos, keep it up!

Edited by vgaman, 09 May 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#54 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostEV1LSPOCK, on 09 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Excellent vids; definitely appreciate you taking the time. I'm thinking some beer might help improve my aim.

I tell my self the same thing everyday. I don't think its working

#55 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Very nice videos and good thing you are doing to help the community, thanks.

#56 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

have 2 more videos up! one is about using arm weapons as advantage and other one is a game play (first take on the movie!) with Jump jet brawler. I did pretty bad job of baiting on the brawling video lol. I was suppose to take a lot less damage but you will see how baiting can work really well. I played aggressive off the bat to bait them and then I tonned it down a little so my teammate can take damage too while im shooting from safer position. once we have the momentum, it was just clean up after that.

#57 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Damn, these are good videos!

It's funny that I do just about everything Koreanese says not to do regarding aiming and movement. I guess I've got a lot of room to improve.

Please, please, please make this a sticky! These vids should be required viewing for everyone.

#58 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

Koreanese,
What do you think of SRMs on brawlers? I know you mentioned something about them not being a good idea in one of your vids, but I wonder if you could expand upon that or perhaps even make a vid showing the best way to brawl with a mech whose primary firepower comes from SRMs.

For example, my favorite mech is an Awesome Pretty Baby, mainly because it's fast and maneuverable, with great torso twist speed and range. Unfortunately, most of it's potential firepower comes from SRMs. I'd like your thoughts on how best pilot a mech like this for maximum effectiveness.

#59 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

not a huge fan of srms right now... I used to boat the **** out of it on my awesome R but I don't boat them like I use to. only mech I use srm is the centi

#60 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostBoPop, on 08 May 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

what about hitpoints? can ya make a quick one explaining that?

doesn't a standard heatsink have the same hitpoints as a double, but only takes up one slot, so if i had the tonnage, i could use 9 standard heatsinks where only 3 dbl would fit. while the heat efficiency would be better don't i get 90 hitpoints vs the 30 the dbls offer, making a mech hardier? some mechs might beni from this? or is my thinking all wrong.

Component HP has no effect on mech durability. Perhaps the heatsinks themselves would survive slightly better when taking fire into exposed internals, but it's a very insignificant factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users