Afk'ers & Disconnects

7 replies to this topic

#1 Shadow 101

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

What if anything is going to be done about persistent afking (and afk bots) and people who disconnect on purpose every match with every mech they have to rack up Cbills.

Nearly every match I have played just lately has at least one and often 2 or more of the above.

Cant you stop people from earning Cbills if there score/damage is zero? which would make the above sorta pointless.

I know the amount of Cbills earn't is very little if your afk all match or disconnect but if you do it all day with multiple mechs using some sort of mouse clicker, afk bot ect it still racks up Cbills.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

It may look like they are afk, but they are actually 'crashed to desktop'. There are a few very common CTD bugs right now. It is not uncommon to be down 1-2 mechs every match.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Of the probable < 10% that actually AFK, the 90% that aren't there are CTD/DC/CTM instead.

Please don't mistake game inducing issues with user intention.

#4 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

Please be aware that tons of people DC because of bugs. I try to fight through the HUD and map bugs, but some don't, and I don't blame them. I have crashed to desktop or had screen freeze seconds after match start. Hopefully the bugs will be eradicated in the future so just hang in there.

#5 Shadow 101

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Thats alot of people CTD then. I'm sure a few are genuine but I have noticed on a few occasions the same person/s disconnecting on multiple games over an entire evenings play, and others in our group have also commented on said person/s and reported them.

Still, removing earning Cbills for zero dammage scores would prevent people doing it on purpose.

#6 jeffsw6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY (suburbs)

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

I have this weird bug. Every once in a while, I get dropped onto a horrible white map without any buildings or terrain for cover. I have to spend the first 2 minutes of the match running just to find someone who will shoot me with his extreme-range weapons. There are resources I have to capture, but I can't possibly capture them because they are so spaced out. On my team of 6 assaults and 2 heavies vs an opposing team with a 4-light lance, winning seems impossible.

Yes, the Alpine bug. That map all brawling assault mechs wish we never had to play. It makes me want to ALT+F4. I can understand why some people do it, honestly.

However, the majority of "AFK" players are certainly crashed players. Personally, I am crashing to desktop about 1 match in 10 since the most recent patch (the netcode "hotfix.") That's worse than ever for me. And don't say reinstall the game, because I have.

It's bugs. Don't rage about AFK-farmers because they are not the problem right now. If the client ever becomes stable enough that AFK-farmers actually are the problem, PGI can easily come up with a systemic way to analyze game logs and find out who is doing that, and sanction them.

#7 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Some people seem to have it happen more than others. I usually CTD once every 2 hours or so.

#8 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

This type of behavior is considered to be a form of Exploit. If you come across a player that is intentional disconnecting or not participating in the battle, please report him to support@mwomercs.com.

Please note, that while it often may seem like a player is disconnecting or being AFK intentionally, this game is still in a beta release and nowhere near as stable as it should be. Technical difficulties are not a rare sight. A look at the patch feedback forums might give you a hint of the scale.

As we do not want to discuss exploits, as such would advertising it, I'll close the thread.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users