Cn9-Al Load Outs

30 replies to this topic

#21 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

I run a simple "zombie supreme" build on mine. 4MLs, 2xSRM6 (3T), standard 275, 14DHS, Endo, FF, 322 armor. There's nothing fancy about it, but it works really well. If you want to run around in this game like you've got a deathwish - the AL is the mech to do it in. While it doesn't have that extra missile hardpoint in the chest that you'd get with the A, the 2MLs in the arm give you more versatility on maps like Alpine where you spend half your time fighting on steep inclines. At least till it gets blown off (which is bound to happen sooner or later :(

#22 Baba Yogi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 452 posts
  • LocationIstanbul

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Two i used for my 9al, i have 2.24 kd ratio on it atm, pretty good builds both

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a2b6fd82d7551fc

this guy can dish out quite alot of damage in quite short time. After initial heat rise though you want to stop firing med lasers for heat management and also frees you to do torso twist.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cfcd6dcccdc0849

this is for long range sniping, fire support to assaults. I dont like changing ppcs to erppcs since 14 dhs is not enough to keep firing erppcs in prolonged combat (which you'll be doing alot)

#23 eisenpanzer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I used a pretty minimalist brawling build but it worked pretty good.
2 ML in right arm, 1 LL in torso, STD engine, don't remember size but it got me to 91 I think.
LL in torso means you have some ranged poke over a hill when the battle isn't safe to brawl in yet, giving you a height advantage over putting it in the arm.

Then when you brawl shield with left arm, then with right, then zombie with torso LL.

#24 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

CN9-AL

I used to run it with 2 PPCs and 2 medium lasers, like an energy-based Yen-Lo-Wang. Instead of three similarly configured Centurions, I decided to switch it to a light-killer and medium range support with a more evenly distributed array of weapons: 4 MPLas and 1 LRM 15. Love it!

#25 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

Maybe unusualy, but also Fun. The AL as Missleboat. 2LRM 15 Atremis, 2 Smalllasers, TAG; BAP, XL 200

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...44ec3629d2edcc2

Or, if you are good at Aim, The AL as Headshoter, 3LPLasers, xL 275

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2d5e1fabc713ba6

Edited by Revorn, 25 August 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#26 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:38 PM

Archer

This is my favorite AL build. Super nasty and fast.

#27 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

I play it almost like my HBK-4SP since they have the exact weight and available hard points. I'm getting better at having my shield arm blown off first before I take any major damage. :blink:

Cent AL 4xMediumPulse 2xSRM6+A 3xSRM Ammo 1xAMS 255XL

#28 Yig

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

My current AL: CN9-AL

A bit too fragile. Not overly fond of the XL engine in it.

Been considering trying this: CN9-AL Pulse

Haven't had time to try it yet.

#29 DocGiggles

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d5e3393f890dc40

New build I've played with for about a month now. Original idea was just trying to upgrade the canon AL to just a usable level, but this build does surprisingly good sustained damage in most conditions, owing that in no small part to the accuracy and recycle speed of the dual LRM5+Artemis launchers. It is also not bad as a solo mech, although I wouldn't recommend intentionally going off on your own in most situations, but best suited to augmenting your allies fire at any range, direct or indirect.

Quick note, unless you're boating LRMs, or desperately need the slots, 2xLRM5+Artemis is superior to pretty much any other LRM setup.

Edited by DocGiggles, 27 August 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#30 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Well with the new changes everything seems to fit perfectly on the AL:

CN9-AL 2xER PPC 2xMedium Laser 1xAMS 16xDHS 275XL

Two ER PPCs on the arm and some backup Medium Lasers in case those get blown off. Fun times. :D

#31 Auton

• PipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

Well I have tried a lot of builds with the CN9-AL and I have found one that really fits my style and really performs hits and runs very efficiently.

2 ERLL
2 ML
1 AMS (1 Ton Ammo Head)
Endo Steel
FerroFibrous
13 DHS (11 in the Engine 1 in Each Torso)
STD 275 Engine (89.1 KPH)
338 Armor PTS

You can switch out the AMS for a BAP if you want but I like to use the AMS to cover my allies and really BAP does not help my AL much. Now the ERLL are used to hit people that like to stand on ridges and rain death. You can pinpoint shots and easily get them to duck back away (Range of 1350). The ML are there to use when you are running hot or a mech is in front of you that is gutted so you can get a quick kill. Mostly I use it to push away lights. With the 89.1KPH you will be able to run up a hill, blast someone and run away before they can pinpoint where you are. Also since both ERLL are in the arm you can pinpoint at 1300 meters 18 pts of damage with no ammo to worry about. You can also use the ERLL as a scalpel to slice off arms and legs easily.

Another nice thing is 338 pts of armor. Use your Left Side to block shots and use that armor for yourself. Also with your running at such high speeds especially after speed tweak people will be targeting your legs but really not able to get though your armor. The STD engine gives you that survivability (love it when I am at 34% yet still getting kills), and allows you to go for the cap even if you are mostly destroyed. I tend to deal about 240 to 300 on a bad match and have hit 600-700 in a good match. You will not be the damage dealer but you will be the scalpel to cut away the enemies weapons and legs to leave them for the rest of the team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users