Cataphract 2X - Not Sure What To Do With It...

24 replies to this topic

#21 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

This is a variation of what i run on my CTF-1X and since it has less lasers it is even cooler and has a bit more punch.
CTF-1X - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...250b1afb36628b2
One of my most run mechs and builds, take on whatever comes to you head on.
CTF-2X - http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4a240380b1dcc19
Extremely strong brawler, with a bit of torso twist it can take down any mech in the game and still be kicking.

#22 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostTheStrider, on 03 May 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

2X was my favorite Cataphrat pre-missle nerf. 3ML 1GR 2SRM6. Drives exactly like my Atlas, only faster/less armor.

Weapon Groups:
1 - Lasers
2 - SRM6s
3 - GR
4 - Alpha Strike

I used Alpha a lot while brawling. Depends on the speed of the target...

I've mostly shelved him in favor of longer ranged mechs... Until missiles get fixed. :( My other Cataphrats are a 4LL, 4JJ max engine 3D and a Dual Gauss 4X.

Case isnt needed, if the gauss explodes and does enough damage to destroy the torso it will even with case because case contains the explosion to one body part.(so non xl mechs can live even with half weapons) Trust me, search it on forums if you dont believe me. other than that good build.

Edited by POOTYTANGASAUR, 09 June 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

CTF-2X

This is the only build I'm using just to grind through the Cataphracts...

#24 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have a very similar build as Deathlike, except a slightly smaller engine, a large laser in the right arm, and various minor changes. It's a very effective brawler, so much so that I tend not to make a whole lot of damage even when I get killed, because I'm able to focus on CT at a short distance, leaving most of the mechs intact :(

I recently bought back the CTF-2X, as I like the challenge of making unpopular variants work. And my philosophy is that you should embrace the unique qualities of each variant, not try to make the unpopular variants poor copies of the popular variants. The CTF-2X should not be a poor man's CTF-1X, for example.

Get the double SRM with Artemis. After the patch, the spread is very nice, although the damage is a bit low. If you can make it work now, you'll be even more effective when they buff the damage.

#25 Elyam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 538 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

2X is one of the best chassis in MWO for providing a more traditional experience (i.e., a non-'boating' MWO build). 2 SRM-6 (LA) work very well if you can remain on-target over the several-second stream time of the whole 4+4+4 volley. The strike is very accurate even without upgraded guidance once you get used to it. Combinations of heavy or medium ballistic (RT) and heavy beam (RA) backed by medium beams of choice (LT/RT) all work well. I tend to use AC/10 and LLAS plus 2 MLAS (with the 2 SRM-6). Also workable is ERPPC, AC/10, 2 MPLAS, and 2 SSRM-2. This is built around XL engines from 260 to 340. Every design variation I've tried within this basic blueprints has been successful. I know the standard engine designs with AC/20 are popular, but I've never found them to have the same utility in all circumstances and maps.

Edited by Elyam, 10 June 2013 - 08:46 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users