93 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Crashed to Desktop? Fatal Error? Frozen? Let us know what happened here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps?
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler]
Remember to contact us at support@mwomercs.com with your dxdiag for additional 1-to-1 support from our Game Masters!

==========

View PostViterbi, on 29 April 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

In some cases we've seen that deleting the shaders folder and relaunching the game will solve these crashes and related issues.

Simply delete the shaders folder located here by default:

C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders

Otherwise, please use our new repair tool, which will verify your game directory files and repair any file issues:
http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/

==========

#2 Hammer Hands

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Ru

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

Immediately upon logging into the game. Same error every time I attempt to play the game.

Receiving CryEngine Error; FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read.

Game crashes after hitting OK on the error window.

Spoiler

Edited by Hammer Hands, 07 May 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#3 Hammer Hands

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Ru

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yes. Ran the repair tool after all my normal TS options. Seems one of the files was corrupted during the update. Downloaded a massive 750mb file and it's working now.

#4 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Nice! The first match after patch and I got back to desktop!

#5 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Immediately after the latest patch (5/7) I've crashed to the Mech Bay 4 times in a row now. The only thing I'm seeing in the Omicron log file is:

CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet

It looks to be happening right when the startup sequence begins. I've sent an email to the support@mwomercs.com mailbox with the log files and my system specs. I also ran the Repair tool on the off chance that that would clear this up.

Edited by Darokin Korin, 07 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#6 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Make that 5 games in a row now.

#7 Jaekaelae

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

I've played 6 games after patch and 3 times game crashed. During one game there was mass crash when three players disconnected at the same time in the middle of combat. Map bug hasn't been fixed. Is it possible to have night fight in alpine map? That would help those who attack up hill.

#8 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

About 4-5 guys toal got DC from my last game, one guy said it happen when the miserys gauss got blewn up.

#9 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

Same here,multiple player crash to desktxop.

#10 Jaekaelae

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Crashes that I have had so far happens during the game. When match begins screen just freezes. Some times I wait a bit but usually I need to use ctrl + alt + del to be able to shut down the program. Oh.. I just went back to game and began new match and game froze right after few steps forward. There has been more crashes than usually.

Can we have new patch... please, pretty please?

#11 JagdCrab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

- Fixed an issue where users were being disconnected during game.

Posted Image

#12 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Had a nice freeze for a couple dozen seconds, followed by a CTD without errors.

I had died in my Misery, observing another player when it locked up on Tourmaline.

Hadn't made any changes since last patch.

#13 Azazel513

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostDestined, on 07 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Hello everybody,

We had a hiccup with the servers today which caused multiple players to disconnect. This is not connected to crashing, and you all should be able to launch games again. Thanks!

All nice and good but I'm still crashing.......

============================ PrepareLevel causticvalley ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== causticvalley is loaded in 9.7 sec ========
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Malformed packet
CGameClientChannel::Release
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.4 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []

Edited by Azazel513, 07 May 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#14 Notick

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAvon, IN

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Pretty much every game, I'm getting a typical Windows crash window. Before, all that would happen is the game would kick me into the MechLab as if I willingly quit out of a match (AKA Kick to MechLab bug). Now the game is legitimately crashing.

The 'Kick to Mechlab' bug is still happening every once and a while, too. It's a trade off on which happens.

Again, I stress, it's literally every game. Support has 4 tickets from me - so opening more isn't going to help. I'll check back next patch.

Omicron crash information:

============================ PrepareLevel frozencity_night ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== frozencity_night is loaded in 11.7 sec ========
CGameClientChannel::Release

#15 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I've now had 7 out of 8 games crashing to Mech Bay with the 'Malformed Packet' error showing up in the Omicron log file.

Update: Make that 8 out of 9 games. What's up with this netcode. It used to be very infrequent before this patch, perhaps 2 out of twenty games or so.

Edited by Darokin Korin, 07 May 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#16 Leiska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I still get the same errorless instant CTD as if I had closed the game. This is the most infuriating bug in the game and I was really hoping it would have been fixed. Now CTD in 2/3 games.

Spoiler

edit: It may have something to do with having a stream running in the background. It's hard to test because the crashes are highly random, but I usually listen to a twitch.tv stream when I play. No other game crashes because of it, though.

edit2: Also got a BSOD now while playing with stream in the background. This has happened before but has so far been a rare crash.

Edited by Leiska, 07 May 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#17 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

This is stupid. Crash to mech lab now 3 games in a row.

#18 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

First game after today's patch... crash to mechlab.

Same as Leiska... I'm getting EXTREMELY frustrated with this game after each patch. This has been an issue for 3-4 patches now. I'm in a group and I'd like to actually play with them but because of the inability to have a stable game, I CAN'T PLAY!

I ran the repair tool and it ran fine for my first game on Alpine Peaks. I keep trying, and I'm wondering how often it will crash now. I shouldn't have to rely on running the repair tool just to play the game (yeah, yeah, we're in beta). Especially when this game is supposed to be fully released in September.

#19 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Now 5 in a row and reboots between each one. I feel stupid I paid for the hero mech Misery. Why would anyone pay for anything new from PGI until the basic game works.

#20 chiXnhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

I like in the patch notes they said they fixed a bug where players were being disconnected mid match. What bug was this because it's happening to me more then it ever has. Let me guess you fixed that one crash Bryan had and Tweeted about? I hope he can play reliably now.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users