27 replies to this topic

#21 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostHiplyRustic, on 12 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Someone explain why even the loading/mechbay screen loads that card to 99% BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.

Wizards.

But seriously you should be at 40 fps give or take a little with that card, but you did answer your own question in that post, "when its bugging". So when its bugging email support with the omicron log and dxdiag, presuming that it only happens in this game.

I also recall ages ago about people with dual cores having issues with this game, but that was probably fixed since i haven't heard in a while about it.

#22 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostHiplyRustic, on 12 May 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

E8500, liquid cooled, @4.1 Ghz, stable @<50c under load
8 gigs hyperX RAM
1 gig 550 GTX Ti @ 990 Mhz, not overheating, at all.

I had nearly the same build 6 Month ago, running my 8500 with air @3,6 Ghz and a 1 gig GTX 460 Ti (not much difference to 550 Ti)

So - I had not that worse frames like you. I got stable 60 FPS in mach lab (limited by desktop FPS) and 30-45 FPS imgame @High settings (sometimes dropping to 15).

So it seems that you screw to much on your overclock settings!
Running COOL components means not that they are balanced to work good together! ;-)

Try to set all (especialy your VGA) to normal clock! Seems to be your biggest bottleneck. I had never 99% GPU load im mech lab - it was some around 30-40%
Try also different CPU FSB frequency to match the clock of your RAM. If you choose a wrong value here you can run an overclocked RAM with less throughput then with standard settings! :-)

#23 HiplyRustic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 12 May 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

So it seems that you screw to much on your overclock settings!
Running COOL components means not that they are balanced to work good together! ;-)

Try to set all (especialy your VGA) to normal clock! Seems to be your biggest bottleneck. I had never 99% GPU load im mech lab - it was some around 30-40%
Try also different CPU FSB frequency to match the clock of your RAM. If you choose a wrong value here you can run an overclocked RAM with less throughput then with standard settings! :-)

Thanks for the thoughts...

Having said that, this is the only game or application (I use GPU acceleration in Photoshop as well) that this happens to, and I've been doing this level of overclocking for a long time. Re:running cool, I do run cool. I run cooler than box-stock air cooled rigs with no overclocking at all. Just for grins though, I did drop the card down to defaults just to see and the same thing happened.

View Postmatux, on 12 May 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Wizards.

But seriously you should be at 40 fps give or take a little with that card, but you did answer your own question in that post, "when its bugging". So when its bugging email support with the omicron log and dxdiag, presuming that it only happens in this game.

I also recall ages ago about people with dual cores having issues with this game, but that was probably fixed since i haven't heard in a while about it.

I'll bug them. I don't expect much in the way of an answer since fps bugs of one kind or another...like the fps crash to 4 fps...have been around for a very very long time. It's not CPU-bound, neither core hits 100%, so it has to be something somewhere else that's spinning the card up like that. Thanks for the thoughts.

#24 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

I have a HP laptop. Pressing F9 button adjusts volume and not bring my fps numbers to the screen. Does anyone know how to see fps ratings in HP laptop?

#25 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

usually you have to press "Fn + F9" for your volume... so there is no reason why this shouldn't work. Try by holding "Fn" ... otherwise tell which HP-model you have?

#26 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Fn + F9 worked. Thanks.

#27 EyeDie I

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

ok, i dont know what im doing : )
when i start gpuz it says my card is PCI-E 3.0x16@x16 1.1...when i launch the render test it changes to x16 2.0 which is correct for my MB is this working properly? x16 1.1 when not doing video?

just tested it running gpuz with the game running and i guess it pops to 2.0 when the card is working...

Edited by EyeDie I, 31 August 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#28 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

OP great catch! This reminds me of the AGP8X days... Purchased a motherboard from MSI (never again) and could not figure out why my performance was so bad when compared to very similar systems... Apparently the AGP port was some kind of PCI/AGP hybrid and could only run 1x!

View PostEyeDie I, on 31 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

ok, i dont know what im doing : )
when i start gpuz it says my card is PCI-E 3.0x16@x16 1.1...when i launch the render test it changes to x16 2.0 which is correct for my MB is this working properly? x16 1.1 when not doing video?

just tested it running gpuz with the game running and i guess it pops to 2.0 when the card is working...

Yup that's common. So long as it runs 2.0@16 in games you are good :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users