227 replies to this topic

#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

Many have been clamoring for a "stability" patch, so this is kinda what we're getting.

The real good content has generally been in the MID-MONTH patch.. so I don't see why people are complaining about a system that has been applied for 3-4 months now.

#42 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

So, can we shoot down the plane?

#43 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

View PostMrPenguin, on 07 May 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Last time I checked, we have plenty of maps.

Seriously, its like saying we should release a sh*tty game now, instead of releasing an amazing game 2 years down the line. Its like you lack any kind of common sense...

No. Plain and generic means plain and generic. Either use different words or don't bother.

What "Plenty" of maps are you talking about. We have what? 5? 6? And no, night and day versions don't count.

Ontop of that, due to a glaring lack of dynamic drop points/spawn points, the maps end up being almost exactly the same every match.

But honestly, the map discussion is stupid, because maps aren't the issue.

It's the game itself. Releasing another map doesn't do anything on it's own. Because there will still be the same static bases, and the same 2 paths to get there. And we will fight in the same places every game.

I don't understand why this patch is lacking any balance fixes when they had 3 weeks instead of 2.

#44 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 07 May 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

Many have been clamoring for a "stability" patch, so this is kinda what we're getting.

The real good content has generally been in the MID-MONTH patch.. so I don't see why people are complaining about a system that has been applied for 3-4 months now.

You can't satisfy these people. So its better to just ignore them.

#45 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 May 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

What "Plenty" of maps are you talking about. We have what? 5? 6? And no, night and day versions don't count.

Ontop of that, due to a glaring lack of dynamic drop points/spawn points, the maps end up being almost exactly the same every match.

But honestly, the map discussion is stupid, because maps aren't the issue.

It's the game itself. Releasing another map doesn't do anything on it's own. Because there will still be the same static bases, and the same 2 paths to get there. And we will fight in the same places every game.

I don't understand why this patch is lacking any balance fixes when they had 3 weeks instead of 2.

Last quoted from the "Ask the Devs" section that all "balance changes" take a month (through balance and playtesting) before they are applied.

#46 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

I really hoped they fix the inaccurate hunch on the Hunchbacks.

#47 vkornov

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

No. Plain and generic means plain and generic. Either use different words or don't bother.

Either answer what I said or don't bother ;)

#48 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

View PostRidiculous, on 07 May 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Any idea on when the game will be back up?

GAME!??!.....no buddy this time is FOR REAL!!!!! ;)

Posted Image

#49 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

While I appreciate some stability fixes, the HUD bugs are some of the most rampant issues in the game and did not get addressed.

I just feel like these are more things that should have been hotfixes.

The patch is really another MC grab.

#50 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

*le sigh* another lackluster patch

#51 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Tiffany cufflinks... Tiffany cufflinks everywhere the eye can see... They've been shat and still it's not enough. ;)

#52 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

Its up guys start patching... ;)

Posted Image

#53 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

While I appreciate some stability fixes, the HUD bugs are some of the most rampant issues in the game and did not get addressed.

They haven't narrowed them down yet. That's different than "not addressing them".

#54 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Last time I checked, we have plenty of maps.

Seriously, its like if we we're valve, and we decided to release a bad game now, instead of releasing an amazing game 2-3 years down the line. Do you really think the majority of players would prefer the bad game? Its like you lack any kind of common sense...

It's called variety...MW4:Mercs had plenty of maps, some more detailed than others, but you never had to play the same map over and over if you didn't want to...which we should have the option to vote or pick maps already rather than wait a couple more months, but that is another issue.

It's common sense to expect variety.....you eat the same food every meal or mix it up?

#55 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 07 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

They haven't narrowed them down yet. That's different than "not addressing them".

Semantics really, they aren't fixed.

They fixed a couple crashes that they themselves added into the game within the last 3 patches due to improper internal testing; and due to the fact that they cannot figure out how to rollback a patch (or choose not too due to lost money), and now we are stuck with a patch that took 3 weeks instead of the normal 2, and has less in it than any patch in recent memory.

Stability is great, but you can't tell me that you couldn't balance a few weapons to go along with it? How hard is that for them?

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 07 May 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#56 mania3c

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

We all knew ..new map, mech, long awaited balance changes and fixes will be deployed in mid may..so..uh..why such a negative stance? I don't understand..

#57 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

Posted Image ;)

#58 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 May 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

They fixed a couple crashes that they themselves added into the game within the last 3 patches due to improper QnA; and due to the fact that they cannot figure out how to rollback a patch (or choose not too due to lost money), and now we are stuck with a patch that took 3 weeks instead of the normal 2, and has less in it than any patch in recent memory.

Stability is great, but you can't tell me that you couldn't balance a few weapons to go along with it? How hard is that for them?

Pretty clear they're not ready to hit weapon balance too much until all the State Rewinds (missile) are in and netcode is working as it should. Aside from perhaps the PPC.

And that's not just semantics. There is in fact a difference between not knowing exactly what's causing the problem and simply not fixing it when they could.

Edited by jakucha, 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#59 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

I just feel like these are more things that should have been hotfixes.

The patch is really another MC grab.

A mention in the patch-notes that there will be a future hotfix is not enough?

View PostLucky 7, on 07 May 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

I really hoped they fix the inaccurate hunch on the Hunchbacks.

I think that's slated for the next/future patch. No official ETA mentioned other than what was quoted by the mod that inquired about it.

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 07 May 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

They fixed a couple crashes that they themselves added into the game within the last 3 patches due to improper internal testing; and due to the fact that they cannot figure out how to rollback a patch (or choose not too due to lost money), and now we are stuck with a patch that took 3 weeks instead of the normal 2, and has less in it than any patch in recent memory.

Again... 1 MONTH FOR BALANCE CHANGES. Yes, I hate the wait too, but they have stated WHEN some of these changes will be made. The fact that they quote the date TWO WEEKS FROM NOW is not enough must be why people do the TL;DR thing for srs answers.

#60 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

1 month for balance changes? Try 6 months for balance changes.

These weapons have been a known issue since I started playing this game. The first post I read was "LBX-10's suck, here is why", and it's exactly what they are now just addressing 6 months later.

6...months...later.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users