61 replies to this topic

#21 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I like where this game is going. PGI exploits current direct fire alpha boating. The player base exploits alpha boats and the players on the receiving end are the just ones who actually give a damn about the future of mwo. Poor form PGI. Good job furthrr eroding your credibility. U guys have no integrity whatsoever.

#22 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

is the camo spec bugged? I bought the mech and it's all just painted black, doesn't look at all like the mech in the picture, it hasnt unlocked any colors for itself and the only camo spec I can use is stalker default ( I own phranken for stalkers)

Edited by Bad Andy, 07 May 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#23 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Long time stalker fan here. After paining myself for several days over the fact there is no Stalker hero mech and that painting it pretty will cost as much as the mech, etc, not to mention complaining about the lack of a Stalker hero mech and it being overlooked for more humanoid mechs. I also spoke to everyone I could and read everything I could because I KNEW KNEW KNEW if I bought something with MC credits I would get epic buyers remorse. So yesterday I reluctantly bought a Stalker. I played with it a bit, and surprisingly didn't feel any buyers remorse. I thought perhaps I had finally made my first 'in game currency' purchase in a game that wasn't some kind of con or that had some catch or somehow backfired to cause epic buyers remorse.

Today I wake up to find THIS.

I hate you all so, so much right now. You have absolutely no idea. I never even realized buyers remorse could hit this much of a low. .__.

#24 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostBrown Hornet, on 07 May 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

I like where this game is going. PGI exploits current direct fire alpha boating. The player base exploits alpha boats and the players on the receiving end are the just ones who actually give a damn about the future of mwo. Poor form PGI. Good job furthrr eroding your credibility. U guys have no integrity whatsoever.

I know you think what you are saying actually makes sense. But it really doesn't. For the sake of your argument, could you possibly provide an English translation for those of us who actually hold gainful employment, have sex lives, and girlfriends, etc?

#25 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostBlood78, on 07 May 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Wait for it...people about to start complaining how OP Misery is in 5...4...3...2...

I got rodgered by the devs, bought a Stalker yesterday after extensive research and asking folks / reading everything I could I bought an STK-5S. And I've got to say, my firepower is rocking 75, so this thing looks massively underpowered to me. But I am a hapless noob after all.

My armaments are:

4 MEDIUM LASER
2 LRG PULSE LASER
2 ANTI-MISSILE SYSTEM
2 LRM 10
2 LRM 15

I've noticed I can stay alive longer lurking back and just blasting LRM's at anything I can target. But I'm still at that learning curve of play (only been playing a few days) where I don't know how to best serve my team but figured it was 72 firepower stock, changed it up removing SRM's for LRM's because ... I don't want to get into the thick of battle because it's slow and I'm slow. :)

Think this Misery would be a better investment to my current one? Think the devs would let me roll back a less than 24 hour old purchase after spending so long asking why there wasn't a stalker hero mech and getting no answer (especially no "Save your money until tomorrow!")?

#26 Spokig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 100 posts
  • LocationOn the top, As always.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Posttheta123, on 07 May 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

Perhaps you missed the additional 4 PPC part

4X10+15 is an alpha of 55........... You manage to kill that gauss? it still leaves quad PPC wich rip you apart in seconds
Thats the whole problem of MWO at the moment. Alpha boats dominate everything. Quad PPC, hex PPC, Dual AC/20.... Its these lame builds that simply Ruin this game

Yeah as someone stated, the gauss exploads and will probobly take the whole left torso with it when it goes boom.
So then he will loose about 2/4 ppc and the gauss.

#27 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

So far I've found out, that Misery in its gauss+ppc-configuration is the machine to shoot poptarts from mid-air. Fast turner but still exact and stable enough to get a hit :blink:
I just love this thing, even more than my X5 :)

Edited by VXJaeger, 07 May 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#28 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

View Postbashpr0mpt, on 07 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I know you think what you are saying actually makes sense. But it really doesn't. For the sake of your argument, could you possibly provide an English translation for those of us who actually hold gainful employment, have sex lives, and girlfriends, etc?
Well, I guess that counts u out of yr own argument. Good one. Keep it up mate!

#29 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Played around on Smurfy's online mechlab for a bit, can't honestly find a good build.
With a Std engine you're hurting in tonnage to mount much ranged punch, with an XL you're limited to a single UAC/5 as your ballistic if you don't want to magically attract all fire to the Gauss+XL combo and die from side torso loss.

As a mech it would have a larger number of viable builds if it had 2 ballistic hardpoints in that torso. 1 Ballistic and only 7total hardpoints, plus how large the Stalker's side torsos are means AC/20 only or a Gauss if you want to die quickly are the only real options.
The fact it's got the same 60degree torso twist as all the non-3F stalkers despite not having the 10 hardpoints to go with it is kind of saddening.

Edited by One Medic Army, 07 May 2013 - 11:33 PM.

#30 chrx

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWhite Death Mercenary Company

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm a stalker fan, but I won't buy this one, because I also have Atlas RS and my other stalkers that can do everything that Misery can. But if it had been out when I was considering my first assault, probably I'd have skipped Atlai and bought Misery instead, just because of good looks!

If it had the arm missile hardpoints that other stalkers have it would be too good to skip. But better this way...

#31 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

View PostTragos, on 07 May 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

You got that a bit wrong. The 3F for example can turn it's torso a lot farther to sides. With the HGNs it was the same: One has faster turning speed, another one more twist speed and so on. So this STK has more acceleration and turning.
Ouph, is there a comprehensive comparison table anywhere? I distinctively remember seeing 'Mechs with negative quirks, but if all Stalker variants have positive ones then I suppose it's balanced in some way.

And here I got all worried for a moment. These things really should be made clearer to avoid community outrage. The way the quirks were advertised made them appear like some sort of special advantage over all the other chassis (like the much less controversial c-bill bonus), and whilst that is better for advertising the purchase of this Hero Mech, it creates potential unrest amongst players who lack the detailed info. Which I think is a bit hard to find on the website (only in the patchnotes, iirc).

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm relieved!

#32 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Not that I know of. Mostly the patchnotes when a new mech is introduced or an old one changed. For example, the STK 4N (the one with the least hardpoints, I think it is called 4N...don't use it) has the most missile openings - and therefore an advantage as a missile boat.

Edited by Tragos, 08 May 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#33 BrokenNachtmahr

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBFE

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:24 AM

It would have been nice to see 2 Missile & 2 Ballistic Hardpoints for added flexibility. I have been trying hard to stay away from the PPC FOTM builds but with only 1 Ballistic 1 Missile, and 5 Energy hard points, it just keeps sending me back to Gauss PPC.

I will say I saw way more dual AC20 Jeagers than I did stalkers and any of the Misery's I fought didnt feel OP given their movement and speed limits.

Biggest PRO for me on this mech is the looks. Give that design group more work!

Edited by BrokenNachtmahr, 08 May 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#34 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm really unhappy with the camo spec

here is the image they advertised:

Posted Image

here's the mech i got:

Posted Image

I didn't alter the paint job at all

#35 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:49 AM

Love it.
Love it.
Very happy.The twist and acceleration boosts are really noticeable at Master level and make this a lot of fun getting in and out of cover. Drop an XL engine in to free up weight and you can load this up well without melting. I am running a Gauss in the ballistic slot which isn't wise on an XL build but ya can't have an AC20 AND an XL on Misery..
Did a little tweeking to colour and it now has a 40's Sherman tank feel to it.
GREAT work again PGI :)
And before I get flamed... in advance and respectfully, shut up.

(EDIT - okokok.... after more play. dropped the gauss. Great weapon if I didn't have an XL300. Moved to an AC10, 4 LL, 1 MPL and an SRM 6 with Artemis and AMS. I am a brawler kind of person anyway and this works great. Lots of DHS and chain fire for the close quarters slugfests. An Alpha to the chest usually puts us both down but it is shocking to see.)

woot.

Edited by bindletorc, 08 May 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#36 Tombo

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Heres my verdict = its not worth $30.00 USD, in fact its an awful investment, just like every other hero mech besides poptart heavy metal

peace

#37 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

QQ, whine whine.

A Stalker with a BIG GUN! WOOT!

No need to change it much. Endo, DHS and a 300Std.

#38 Zydroks

• Pip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:10 AM

What's up with the Misery Camo. It's just all black. Can even really see any details. Looks kinda BLAH.

#39 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

I like the Misery. Mounting an AC/20 on a stalker makes my inner child giggle. I'm currently running a STD310, 4 MLs, LPL, AC/20, AMS. It's a brawler, baby!

The one thing I don't like is the secondary color seems subdued. The "eyes and teeth" are barely visible in game. I wish they were much more prominent, almost glowing. That would really convey what my enemies are about to feel - misery.

Keep making Assault Hero mechs, and I'll keep giving you money.

#40 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Went with endo, DHS, std 275.

2 PPC
1 AC 20
3 med pls
1 AMS
Max armor

I can just hold the trigger down and slug it out in this baby. Slapped on some purple and gold paint and played match after match last night. I don't know that I like it as much as my 3F, but it's pretty close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users