61 replies to this topic

#41 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

It needs 2 more Missile slots, I would never change 4 SRM6's in my 5M for an AC/20. Is just dumb. I thought u wanted a real brawler out of it, well u blew it off.

Not wasting my money on it.

#42 Sennin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 459 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

I bought this 'Mech and a part of me wishes I hadn't. When I received it, the 'mech was almost completely black and I couldn't see the wonderful paint and textures I was led to believe I would get from the pictures on the website. Then I spent about four hours with it last night and that was about all I needed to realize just how limited the Misery is in terms of hardpoints. The lack of flexibility is frustrating. I keep finding myself wishing for a missile point in each arm or another ballistic point, anything that would allow for something other than what I was limited to. In the end I found myself just reverting back to a 5 Large Laser boat with a standard engine and a lot of double heatsinks which is the same competitive build used on a STK-5M. I bought the Misery and therefore I will continue to play it but I have to say this is one of the few 'Mechs in this game that I am really disappointed with for what I have invested.

#43 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Wow, well I am going to heavily disagree with the two last comments
about Misery.

Having an AC-20 and 4 arm mounter LL makes for an AWESOME
brawler...

Show of 4 LL followed by an AC-20 will rip ANYTHING off a mech.

Imagine when I aim for the cockpit...

Did multiple 600+ damage games last night and Misery is now my very favorite mech.

Note that I had already mastered a 3F for ramping this Misery was not that hard.
I did use some GXP to finish it off, but yeah.

My only regret is lower torso twist than the 3F, I would enjoy an extra 10deg very much,
but definately a violent tank...

Edited by MasterGoa, 09 May 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#44 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostButane9000, on 07 May 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

My complaint is that Misery receives a ballistic hardpoint making it "unique" among the Stalkers whereas the Pretty Baby was an worse alternative to the AWS-8V and not really "unqiue" like the Flame, Ilya, Deaths Knell, X-5 and now Misery.

I agree the PB could've used better ones. However it was a crossover of the 8V and the 9M.

-------

Far as the Misery, I was saddened by the loss of missiles in the arms. This drops build options down a bit, I was hoping to sport some LRMs on the side. I speculated there might be enough space for two ballistics. However we only get one hard point, so nothing encourages smaller weapons such as twin AC/2, twin MG, twin AC/5, any cannon + AC/2 or MG. Would have enjoyed more hard points to allow for more variety.

Many have already gone the way of PPCs + Gauss, much to their detriment. I personally would have liked to go twin UAC/5 + 3 SRM 6 with 5 flamers.

The Misery performs rather well at stock build.

Shots.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Was falling when this shot took place.
Posted Image

In this one, I'm the Heavy Metal.
Posted Image

Check out Lordred's Perfect Screenshot thread for more.

Edited by Koniving, 08 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#45 RogueRAZR

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

The Gauss shoulder is ridiculously easy to destroy lol

#46 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostRogueRAZR, on 08 May 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

The Gauss shoulder is ridiculously easy to destroy lol

Yea and thats what I like about this Mech because it is when it is a Sniper easy to kill. I dislike all heroes except for flame, PB and the Yen Lo Wang. But I would not buy any Hero so far because I don't see a good camo and a good layout/Mech for the heroes so far.

View PostMasterGoa, on 08 May 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Wow, well I am going to heavily disagree with the two last comments
about Misery.

Having an AC-20 and 4 arm mounter LL makes for an AWESOME
brawler...

Show of 4 LL followed by an AC-20 will rip ANYTHING off a mech.

Imagine when I aim for the cockpit...

Did multiple 600+ damage games last night and Misery is not my very favorite mech.

Lolo I don't get it why you build something like that when you just can take an Atlas RS for that?
Also 4x srm6 will blow your ac 20 for the damage part away
2x srms6 do the same dps what your ac20 do.

Edited by SerpentrasD, 09 May 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#47 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

That is, ofcourse, when all your SRM Rockets hit at the same target

no mather what distance, an AC20 will always deliver 20 damage to one area.

#48 SerpentrasD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationEverywhere where my Bushwacker or Mad Cat III are located

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

Artimes is your friend and I don't believe that you do full AC/20 damage at 500m. Last comment for me here because it is not about the AC/20 vs SRM.
And yea tested it on the training grounds and you don't do your 20 damage when you are on the fall off range

Edited by SerpentrasD, 09 May 2013 - 03:55 AM.

#49 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

Sorry i ment to say 'up to 270' :)

not a big fan of artemis due to the huge operating costs

#50 GaveL Veritas

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone actually tried building the 1G, 4PPC build in Smurfy? The only reasonably viable build I can come up is with an XL engine (a heat-efficient 250 requires poor armor coverage and only 20 shots worth of Gauss ammo). This means the Gauss will take out the engine when it explodes killing the mech. This is a HUGE vulnerability. The only standard engines you can fit are way too slow and way too hot.

#51 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

It is basically an Atlas RS with less arm movement, less torso twist, and less free tonnage for stuff. Why anyone would pay $30 for it is beyond me.

#52 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

I don't know, smaller profile perhaps ? People still ***** that it is smaller than a catapult so.. perhaps.

Edited by Bull Frog, 09 May 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#53 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostSerpentrasD, on 09 May 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Yea and thats what I like about this Mech because it is when it is a Sniper easy to kill. I dislike all heroes except for flame, PB and the Yen Lo Wang. But I would not buy any Hero so far because I don't see a good camo and a good layout/Mech for the heroes so far.

Lolo I don't get it why you build something like that when you just can take an Atlas RS for that?
Also 4x srm6 will blow your ac 20 for the damage part away
2x srms6 do the same dps what your ac20 do.

That is OK because I get it :)

Also, if you use SRM's, they spread out.

If you use AC20 in the eye, the mech goes down...

#54 Edson Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

As much as I loved it for the design(it's beautiful) it definitely needs a buff. For a hero mech it's disappointing.

It needs at least another ballistic slot and/or missile bay or keep the single bay but grant it 20 tubes alloying LRMs to be useful.

#55 BrokenNachtmahr

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBFE

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

I would love to see it get a bump up to at least 3 missile hardpoints and 2 ballistic. I bought it to support awesome graphics. The experience piloting it though has been very lackluster.

#56 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Miseries are no match for AS7's especially the D-DC variant. using a custom made D-DC you can easily come up with high alpha and heat efficiency while having a standard engine. That's 3 things from which the misery can only choose 2.

Edited by Pilotasso, 10 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#57 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postbindletorc, on 08 May 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Love it.
Love it.
Very happy.The twist and acceleration boosts are really noticeable at Master level and make this a lot of fun getting in and out of cover. Drop an XL engine in to free up weight and you can load this up well without melting. I am running a Gauss in the ballistic slot which isn't wise on an XL build but ya can't have an AC20 AND an XL on Misery..
Did a little tweeking to colour and it now has a 40's Sherman tank feel to it.
GREAT work again PGI :(
And before I get flamed... in advance and respectfully, shut up.

(EDIT - okokok.... after more play. dropped the gauss. Great weapon if I didn't have an XL300. Moved to an AC10, 4 LL, 1 MPL and an SRM 6 with Artemis and AMS. I am a brawler kind of person anyway and this works great. Lots of DHS and chain fire for the close quarters slugfests. An Alpha to the chest usually puts us both down but it is shocking to see.)

woot.

Altered AC 10 to LBX 10 a while ago. I own 4 Hero Mechs now that I can alter colours.

This has turned out to be my best Brawler. Artemis 6 and LBX and med pulse on one trigger. 4 LL on another. Chained LLs on the third. Alpha deals 61 damage and with 512 armor it holds together. It draws way less attention than an Atlas and twist speed with 4LL s has been the demise of a lot of raven, jenner and cicada swarms.

And man. It is a great piece of art as well.

#58 OriginAlien

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

This forum has so many whingers its really incredible... I love stalkers, was stoked to see a stalker with a cannon slot. Game meta changes constantly....

Every misery i see i crush.... Dunno about all this op nonsense. Everything has a weakness exploit the miserys turning if ur smaller or its gauss slot if ur alphaing or hide and missile if ur a boat.

Its like the scII forums, 1 little thing is change and its imba this and imba that.

#59 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

They NEED to rework the paint and make the teeth/eyes stand out more (no matter what graphics settings are chosen), like this:

http://ckdr.net/gall...drydenckdr2.jpg

#60 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Pops real nice when the left torso gets stripped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users