#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

For whatever reason this recent patch appears to have hardcoded my Xbox 360 Controller's left analog stick with throttle movement. Specifically if I press my stick forward my Mech will throttle backwards and if I press it backwards my 'mech will throttle forwards. The throttle in either direction also behaves like Throttle decay - despite me not having selected it.

There is nothing I can do via game settings and control configurations to change this. I previously had removed nearly all the joystick bindings, there is currently no joystick binding anywhere even close to my throttle. Despite this the game responds to my use of my left analog stick as if it is somehow, somewhere, connected to a throttle function.

I don't know how to fix this. Or even if it is fixable on my end. But it is not good.

#2 Constati

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Having the exact same problem.

#3 Rownin pride

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

same problem so I set left stick to work with throttle and turning. But now the right stick is to slow to aim with.So if we could find a way to fix that, then we could get back into the battle......someone help fix this plz

#4 Tearz

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yep, same exact problem here. I have always used Xpadder for my Xbox controller emulation and now I can't even play..I sent a message over to the support team so hopefully we'll get a response soon.

#5 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Ummm, why would you play this game with an XBOX 360 controller?

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Ah good to hear I am not the only one who uses a controller! Maybe if more of us protest they might actually pay attention to this grievous mistake.

Nice thinking Tearz, tell us if they respond to you!

SOY:
I only play with the controller in my left hand. I was getting carpel tunnel with my left hand when I initially started playing it.
I use the analog to throttle and turn my legs left and right. I also use the left trigger for my 3rd Fire group, the 'back' button for full stop. D-pad up is Thermal vision, D-Pad down is night vision, d-pad left is scoreboard and D-pad right is map.

I enjoy using the controller to move and it has become second nature to me now. Obviously I still use a mouse to aim with my right hand.

#7 Ocalus

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostSoy, on 12 May 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

because sometimes its just plain easier to just pick up a controller than find a small table to put my flight stick on.
I've been waiting to hit the start button on my founders pack, but only once the controls are worked out.

#8 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

For the same reason some of us play with joysticks. You are comfortable using what you do, others are with what they use. Why care what they use to play the game, does it effect you at all?

#9 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yeah it does if they're on my side O.o

#10 Felix Dante

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Arthritis.

Keyboard and Mouse hurts like hell.

PS2 controller is almost as bad.

Xbox controller conforms to my hands better and relaxes pressure.

I play better with it than without.

Good enough? :ph34r:

#11 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

No it's not good enough.

It's stupid.

http://www.gamesrada...doo-pc-founder/

I'm sorry I don't know what else to say.

It's like if you wanted to use a Gameboy to control and play a racing game back in the arcade.

Also I fail to see how eagle clawing a controller for large amounts of time is somehow more ergonomic than keeping a relaxed hand palmed over a smooth surface.

Being 'comfortable' with a bad way of inputting your actions is basically saying "I don't feel like learning a new process or adapting in order to become a better player..." which is much more understandable.

At least get a flight stick. Or maybe even the Occulus thing when it comes out..?

Edited by Soy, 17 May 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#12 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Soy. We like our 360 controller and we can play however we want. Get over it.

AND our controllers are still broken. Damnit PGI pay attention.

#13 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 09 May 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

For whatever reason this recent patch appears to have hardcoded my Xbox 360 Controller's left analog stick with throttle movement. Specifically if I press my stick forward my Mech will throttle backwards and if I press it backwards my 'mech will throttle forwards. The throttle in either direction also behaves like Throttle decay - despite me not having selected it.

There is nothing I can do via game settings and control configurations to change this. I previously had removed nearly all the joystick bindings, there is currently no joystick binding anywhere even close to my throttle. Despite this the game responds to my use of my left analog stick as if it is somehow, somewhere, connected to a throttle function.

I don't know how to fix this. Or even if it is fixable on my end. But it is not good.

EDIT: sorry about that; wrong info you have to go to options and go into configure controls and then remap the throttle up and throttle down to their opposites.

Edited by Blaze32, 18 May 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#14 Soeth

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGibson

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

Soy, ridiculous as it may seem, there are people who play MWO for fun, and for some people having fun involves not sacrificing their personal preferences or comforts in pursuit of "efficiency", for some MWO is just a way to enjoy an hour or two, few days a week, the way They like or prefer. And i`m not really sure why you should judge that.

#15 Soy

• 3,689 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have to judge it, I see those people on my team when I spectate!

I just tend to think that a more accurate and precise input system would probably lead to more success in achieving your goals more effectively, that'd probably be conducive to winning and having fun!

I'd like nothing more than to see people reach their potential, that's all.

Not trying to start ****... even though I basically am... all I can say is wait it out and see if they fix whatever control issues are bothering you guys, they eventually will...

Edited by Soy, 18 May 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#16 Sir Mattington

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Having the same problem on my end. Have played around with the ActionMaps.xml file to no avail. Throttle is on the left stick and inverted, right bumper fires selected weapon group, and B zooms in. Cannot find anywhere that they are set to do that, and yet they still do.

#17 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I feel like I finally found my support group. The only work around I have managed is to put the turning on the d-pad (and throttle) and just ignore left stick. Using buttons for full throttle, toggle throttle and full stop as well. And for you controller haters. I can turn my mech with one thumb, and move the torso with the other. Aim is not as good (but getting better each patch) but maneuvering is much easier, especially in faster mechs. I have topped a thousand damage and four kills in one match with my treb using this system, flying solo

#18 samethos

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationClearwater FL

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

movement solution found on page 4 of Using Xbox 360 controller with MWO / suport

#19 Dude42

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationFL, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I agree with you Soy. I had often wondered what was going on while I spectated people that not only couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, couldn't hit a 100-ton stationary assault mech at point blank range. This explains a lot. I'm all for having fun and playing how you want. As long as you're on the other team.

#20 samethos

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationClearwater FL

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

of course its easier to play with keyboard and mouse. (mostly because of the mouse.) a PC gamer can look left and right quickly and not think twice about it because as soon as you see an enemy its "Point and Click Time!!!" whereas with a controller every move, every glance, every turn counts. it takes a complicated maneuver and a skilled player to achieve on a controller what any adrenaline pumped gamer can do with a mouse. for example, quickscoping with a sniper rifle was discovered with a mouse by simply clicking left and right mouse buttons simultaneously. now its a maneuver used in many console games, it just takes some skill to do right.

and before anyone decides to get at me for quickscoping, i dont do it. i like to see my target when it dies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users