Change Email Address

Answered

56 replies to this topic

#1 KaiZeth

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Under "edit my profile" and "email & password" how come I can't actually change my email address? Am I just missing something?

#2 Dunsil

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

I am also unable to edit my account info.

#3 deejayburnout

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

any word when this will change

i have moved my provider and my existing email address will be shut down and i don't want to loose my account.

#4 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

This same issue annoys me to hell with several other companies too.

Perhaps the government should issue everyone a personal unchangeable domain at birth. This way there would actually be some reason why e-mail address is often treated like some social security number...

#5 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

I want to be able to change it too. I played a MMORPG where emails were locked. It was an absolute massacre when the hacking picked off, no one was able to change it and once they know one of the vital infos they will always know it.

#6 Kohiro

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yup. My email was hack awhile ago and I really wish to change my email for MWO.

Another game I used to play (STO) was opened up with the same (now lost) email address and same with here (can't change email on the forum), The stupid thing they did on a recent patch requier the player to log into their email to get a special pass code (for their security reasons) just so you can play the game again.

As you can see, I do not want that to happen here.

Edited by Kohiro, 30 June 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#7 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Any news on this? My online email provider just decided to lock my account for whatever reason. I would really like to change my email adress before it turns out my email was hacked and someone might change the passwort for my MWO account (and yes, there are still unused MC on it) any day now...

#8 brienj

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

I also want to be able to change my email address. My email is with my old provider, who was Insight, and I can still access it for now, but they were bought out by Time Warner who is going to change all the email addresses from @insightbb.com to @rr.com (RoadRunner) or something of that nature. When that happens, since I am no longer an active member of that ISP, they may not even keep my old email, and it really wouldn't matter anyway, since the @ name will change. I am now with AT&T and desperately would like to change my email to that, or even to my Google account. Please allow us to change it.

Another option that would work, is if you allowed us to transfer our Mechs and C-Bills to another account. I would be ok with making a new profile, but if I lost all my Mechs and C-Bills I have worked for, I would be really upset.

Edited by brienj, 01 July 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#9 Dawg4Life

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

+10,000 this has been a promised feature for a long time. since i contacted CS in december acutally and their response then
has been a variation on words of this response. I paid for founders the day it came out and never logged in... I'd like to change the email. and maybe even the pilot name.
[color=#2B2E2F]"We do not currently have the software in place to change email information, however the ability to change your email yourself will be available soon. Thank you for your patience."[/color]

#10 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

Surely something as simple as changing a password/email address can be done via a database query and edit no?.

#11 reiGngehoWn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 235 posts
  • LocationFacepalm Springs

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

:D

This will be done pre-release right?

#12 Corsair3025

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 7 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

When can we change our email address?

#13 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Want to change my email to one that I can use, not one that no longer will exist in a few days.

I have spent a lot of cash and am not going be a happy camper if I lose my access because you won't let us change e-mails ;p

#14 fenderbender

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 13 May 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

You can edit a number of Profile fields by clicking on "Forum Profile" after clicking on "Profile"
A number of fields are presently unchangeable, but under review.

Is there any news on this? Support told me in February that this feature was being worked on and now it's almost August...
This is really an issue to me because me account sits on a dead account I no longer have access to. You guys should really start working on that, or if you are strengthen the efforts.
It's a bit weird to not be able to change your email address in 2013... especially when the game launches soon. It's a feature that is okay to be absent during development, but after release? A bit of a bummer...

Edited by fenderbender, 23 July 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#15 Zires

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Same Issue here... can´t change email and have no longer access to my old one. Support tolds me that this will be possible "soon". I really want to buy some things in this game (sarah´s mech, project phoenix and some cockpit items) but if i have no access to my old email address and can´t change the email here in game i couldn´t buy anything cause i won´t loose my account and i want confirmation emails for my purchases. So PLEASE make this possible BEFORE i can´t buy phoenix or sarah´s mech anymore.

Sry for my bad english

Regards Zires

#16 Dalton

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

As well for me, when i scroll over any of the text boxes to change: Name,location,email and such. A red (do no enter) icon apears over my cursor. Have tried mobile/different browers.

#17 Warbend

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostMarchant Consadine, on 18 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

This same issue annoys me to hell with several other companies too.

Perhaps the government should issue everyone a personal unchangeable domain at birth. This way there would actually be some reason why e-mail address is often treated like some social security number...

Imagine the quantity of mail in your junk folder while going through a midlife crisis. As age increases, so does the advertisements for certain enhancements and pharmaceuticals from less that verified sources.

#18 Assaultfox

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

This issue has been around for a very long time. Since October if I remember correctly. The last time I saw the devs say anything about it was in an Ask The Devs post. All they said was that you can "change your name and password under edit profile". Then they promptly ignored anyone else. So I wouldn't hold your breath. They have bigger fish to fry like balancing the game than to deal with a website issue concerning personal information.

#19 -Muta-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 749 posts
  • Locationstill remains a mistery.

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

Can we please get an official response in regards to this... My email account has been compromised and I have already put a lot of $$$ in this game to lose it just like that.

Please help me out.

#20 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

I agree, this is a basic feature that nearly all Online Games have. PGI please take a week and get this fixed before launch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users