Other Match Types

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

After reading topics on the current two match types, I have to agree both seem more like Deathmatch play. Actually, they just seem to copy other games that have Deathmatches, it seems silly to just have a clone of existing games using the same match types and claim it stands out. So I got to thinking about other match types that can make MWO different and appealing.

Providing targets that can be destroyed would change current matches and possibly games. Now players have to decide not only if they defend their base but how since the base could be destoryed at different ranges. They also have to decide how to assault the opposing base and whether it really is worth it to attack the opposing Mechs not noticing the few that sneak in another way to destroy the base since the first group was a distraction.

Allow Retreats across certain borders of the maps, probably near the home bases. This way, if you are losing, you can leave without too much repair needed (yes, I know repair was taken out but if put back in, and it should be, this would save on repair costs). Provide a smaller reward to the winning team if units retreat. Even without repair I could see untis retreating.

This also brings another match type, having to go across the map to a designated Retreat Zone as your objective without losing your whole force. You get rewards based on how much of your team survives while the other side has to stop as many as possible with a bonus for them for every unit that fails to leave the map in the designated area.

#2 Oppresor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, England

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostMerchant, on 02 January 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Allow Retreats across certain borders of the maps, probably near the home bases. This way, if you are losing, you can leave without too much repair needed (yes, I know repair was taken out but if put back in, and it should be, this would save on repair costs). Provide a smaller reward to the winning team if units retreat. Even without repair I could see untis retreating.

I like your concept, it's a new approach and also provides a reason for the reintroduction of repair. At the moment there are a number of threads which approach this subject in different ways; they also look at the resupply chain for coolant and ammo. Take a look at the thread I started back in December: http://mwomercs.com/...n-field-repair/ Initially this was a poll created to establish if people would like to see repair, however it evolved over time to look at other areas. The results and entries are interesting. Another thread to look out for at the moment is Medi Mech, it's recent so you should be able to find it within the first 5 pages of the suggestions forum.

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

New Match Type - Equipment Cache

Teams fight over control of such a facility, possibly 1 base on a map either winning by capping or destroying the enemy team. When a match is over, instead of C-Bills, players receive an item equal to or less than the C-Bill reward they would have gotten.

#4 Daflibble

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yeah would like to have more match types. Even a straight out seek and destroy match would be good. But other mission based options would be better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users