48 replies to this topic

#41 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

Alright so Tomorrow we will see if they over nerf the missles or leave them just right at .9 DMG and decrease DFA the missles should be in their sweetspot. Let me know what you guys think since i don’t use missle boats.

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 23 May 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#42 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 May 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Ahh, never made the leap to Gamestorm and the monthly rate? /nods. iirc I believe most of the Europeans continued playing on the AOL server as it was included in their rate plan while everyone else eventually migrated to Gamestorm.

For others, the timeline Solaris went live in 96 on AOL (paid by the min/hour) then mid/late 97, after AOL had gone to a monthly flat rate for its internet servers majority of its games went to an $2/hr rate. But there was another server that was separate and was being utilized by Earthlink, Prodigy and a few other providers. The non-AOL servers formed the basis for Gamestorm with a flat rate monthly pay plan (originally $35/month then dropped to $10/month). It had several other games and different developers with games such as Airwarrior, Stellar Empires, Legends of Kesmai, Starship Troopers, Magestorm, etc ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameStorm).

I'd be interested in modern versions of many of these. Had my hopes up that world of warplanes would be like air warrior.

-k

#43 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostAceTimberwolf, on 23 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Alright so Tomorrow we will see if they over nerf the missles or leave them just right at .9 DMG and decrease DFA the missles should be in their sweetspot. Let me know what you guys think since i don’t use missle boats.
I'm sceptical towards the damage increase, too. Did we not have this number once already? They should've just increased the speed and then see how that works out. At least until the free bonus splash damage is fixed and the total dmg of a missile hit does not exceed what it says on the table. Discrimination based on weight class sucks. :D

Personally, I also think that LRMs should "ripple fire". Would look better and might allow an even further increase in missile velocity, so that there's a greater chance for the first ones to hit, but a smaller one for the last. Would also make LRM-5's more useful again.

Plus, it looks cool and is apparently how it works in BT canon. :wacko:

View PostKdogg788, on 23 May 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I'd be interested in modern versions of many of these. Had my hopes up that world of warplanes would be like air warrior.
Come play War Thunder with us. :D

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 24 May 2013 - 04:09 AM.

#44 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

Nice plane! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that was a photo! Maybe I'll try it out sometime. Looks like you guys play for the Japan side.

-k

#45 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Of course we play for the Japan Side! Must make them survive till they create House Kurita in the near Future! ; )

#46 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hai! Especially as the IJN 2nd Fleet is commanded by Chujo Takeo Kurita. :)

I painted the sakura emblem on the A5M's tail after once having crashed the already-burning fighter into an enemy bomber several tiers above my own rating. The customization in that game is really nice, allowing you to paint various emblems and symbols or even mottos onto your plane (my F1M floatplane carries the markings of Akeno Flight School and the kanji for "ocean").
I can only hope that MWO will some day offer something similar. I know faction logos at least are supposed to come!

Also, I have just unlocked my first A6M - the famous Zero. Such a beauty!

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 24 May 2013 - 01:39 PM.

#47 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Now that's pretty sweet right there. Maybe I'll watch some Youtube videos and see what this game is all about. How are the unlocks if you are a free player? If I did download, it would be a secondary game for me. MWO is my main gaming focus and investment vehicle.

-k

#48 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

sems like whenever I am forced away, I come back better than ever. Maybe it's because I am getting a better picture of the overal game by taking weeks off here and there.
Now I'm easing back into both this and SWTOR, and I'm trying to rebuild a guild... By taking time off, I don't invest too much into Mech variants that I don't care for. The grind of getting the ones I like maxed out doesn't seem like as much of a grind.
Now to find out the Orion and the Victor are both on the horizon...
I picked a good time to rejoin the fight. Now, if they announce the Kit Fox launching with the clans...

#49 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

TOR is fun - I'm still keeping an active account there as I really like the storytelling, and the classes are mostly very fun to play. Playing through the Makeb content with a bunch of friends on weekends.
I'm also patching STO as we speak, gonna take a short glance at those Romulans.

In MWO, I've finally begun to grind pilot skills for my Centurions. I still intend to return to my Jenner some day, but I figured that I may just as well optimize my performance with the CN9-AL now that I've used it for such a long time already. And I fell in love with its PPC. :)

View PostKdogg788, on 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Now that's pretty sweet right there. Maybe I'll watch some Youtube videos and see what this game is all about.
Some "advertisement":
Official Trailer
Fan-Trailer
Introduction to the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service (the narrating player has an amazing voice, and lots of other cool videos you may want to check out)

:)

View PostKdogg788, on 25 May 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

How are the unlocks if you are a free player? If I did download, it would be a secondary game for me. MWO is my main gaming focus and investment vehicle.
Yeah, same for me. So far, I haven't spent a single buck on War Thunder either, although I'm actually starting to feel I should give them some money to reward them for their efforts.

It's fairly similar to MWO in that money only lets you speed up things. Unlocking airplanes happens by gaining rank in a nation's air force. You can then unlock improvements for that plane by spending experience from flying this plane on things such as pilot and crew skills or different armaments. You can just buy XP and rank for cash, but you can also just sit back and grind them by playing the game normally.
The planes get more powerful the further you progress down the tiers - however, matchmaking takes into account what you have unlocked already, so you don't have to fear facing B-17's in your first biplane already. :huh:

You can also spend real money on a premium subscription that lets you earn more XP and ingame currency, and which lets you use two more decal slots for visual customization. In this regard, War Thunder is actually more generous than MWO, for the first two decal slots are completely free, and decals are either already accessible for everyone or, in some cases, have to be unlocked via achievements in the game.

Also, players are even rewarded with small amounts of shop currency every now and then for things such as having logged in X days in a row, or playing through the tutorial missions. Last week they also handed out shop currency for victories, because they celebrated the game winning some gaming developer award in Russia.

There are some few airplanes which can only be unlocked via shop currency, but so far I don't consider them unfair. Most of them are just cross-nation models, anyways, such as a German BF-109 for the Japanese.

Edited by Kyone Akashi, 25 May 2013 - 01:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users