Rear View Camera / Rear View Mirrors

27 replies to this topic

#21 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

i dont think that the engine is the problem. if there is will pgi can implement a rear view option in more ways than one...a graphic engine is just the backbone of the game..it doesnt come with all the options and features...every customer will modify/improve/add options to it. Adding an rear view option is not that hard imo

#22 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

In the BT novels, many 'Mechs had 360 degree views on a 180 degree screen. I wish it would be somehow possible to do that in MWO, but it's not. FPS would suffer too much, and the image would be compressed and ugly.
It should be possible to put a rear view on the main screen by pressing a button, just like in MW4.

However, when I see people like KingCobra ranting that this game sucks so much and its technologically inferior, I wish these people would go back to playing MW4 or Tiger Woods PGA Tour or whatever.

MWO is still BETA. The devs WILL improve the graphics, animations, models and framerate. The visuals are really good as they are now, but they will become even better as time goes by.

What's the point in whining about small bugs and errors, when everone knows that these are things that are currently under development. Like the HUD hotfix yesterday. So many people crying about the stupid HUD. Just shut up and wait.

#23 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postsmokefield, on 17 May 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Adding an rear view option is not that hard imo

Turning the camera 180° and moving it a few inches forward is not rear view camera or mirror...

#24 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Will never happen, unless they go 3rd person. They really f-ed up picking this engine. Should have gone with a different vendor - would've looked a bit worse (maybe), but would've had PIP and other features that a MW game needs more.

#25 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Devs have already stated that this will not happen. It's due to restrictions in the engine that would take more time to overcome than the payoff would be worth.

#26 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:45 AM

Nice idea: camera in rear is taken out on the first rear hit.

Side mirrors obliterated on any frontal or side splash damage.

The only real solution is to incorporate this with the 360 target retention as an add-on tier 2 design that causes mini-map to blip locations of non-targeted (180-200m range) Mechs behind you.

#27 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostAphoticus, on 17 May 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Nice idea: camera in rear is taken out on the first rear hit.

Side mirrors obliterated on any frontal or side splash damage.

The only real solution is to incorporate this with the 360 target retention as an add-on tier 2 design that causes mini-map to blip locations of non-targeted (180-200m range) Mechs behind you.

Bingo we have a winner the Cry3 engine does have and does support a 360 degree view go download the SDK and play with it for a bit you will see it comes with many options. But a short range 360 degree radar is cannon and should have been put in the game from the beginning its not a lot of us have not tried to tell PGI things its the fact there just to arrogant to listen and would rather shun the things that would make MWO a great game and placate there fans and players.--->As to this ****** PERSON--->>>> However, when I see people like KingCobra ranting that this game sucks so much and its technologically inferior, I wish these people would go back to playing MW4 or Tiger Woods PGA Tour or whatever.Go play WarThunder go Play StarConflict GO play many new MMO games similar to MWO and you will see a lot of the features everyone is crying about and MWO should have. So go cry to the DEVs not me there the inept ones that cannot listen to there players beta testers and community on what is needed.

Edited by KingCobra, 17 May 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#28 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

cmon lol...who's so naive to think that the graphic engine is the problem for rear view ?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users