The Spider 5-D Erppc Guide

87 replies to this topic

#81 Safety Seth KGB

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

I know this post might be a bit of a necro post, but I will say that with the half price on the tournament mechs I too me a 5D. I started with the ERPPc and while it was fun, I found it laking at times. Now about a dozen games in I have changed over to one ERLL and 2x ML. I am loving the speed and agility of this little hit and fader. Great light comeing from a man that has 3 Jenner's Elited, Ravens Elited and working on Firestarter to full Elite. Great guide and helped me out a great deal!

#82 Black Orchid X

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

Necro!!! I just had to say thanks for this guide I am a Spider pilot and your guide helped fill in some gaps in my playbook.

#83 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

This is the guide that got me started into spiders! My favoritest mechs of all time!

#84 Black Orchid X

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:47 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 16 November 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

This is the guide that got me started into spiders! My favoritest mechs of all time!

I am a newer player but they are my favorite so far. I bought and built a duplicate of the trial Spider. I am working toward getting the 5D next. Do you run the erppc setup? I had a teammate in one game that used a ppc with his 5D and he was the last man standing with over 400 damage.

#85 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:05 PM

I did when I started and I is a really fun build. Sneak and snipe. But My play style has kind of evolved I to a fast hit and run type so I now run 3 medium pulse lasers on he 5d. But with the new tag bonuses I am tempted to go erppc + tag and use the tag as the main weapon. Basically don't be seen and earn cbills/wreak havoc and poke an erppc in there for some kill assists. The most popular build for the 5d I believe is the erllas and 2 ml. Happy Hunting!

#86 Black Orchid X

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

I know you have much more experience than I do but if you want to run a Spider pack then I would happily back you up. I usually run the first part of the match hit and run with my erll the when their herd has thinned I get more aggressive with my mgs chewing through pre-mangled mech bits.

#87 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Thank GAWD it aint LRM thread necro!!!!

I am terribad at ERPPC Spider, i run the D with 3MPL.

The V is Flying WUB Lols. Put a BAP on it. Farm some bills/xp.

Last Spider i dont own anymore.

#88 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

i switched to 3mpl when I found myself routinely running up and punching enemies in he face with the erppc and the. Running away. It was fun but much more rewarding with the 18pt alpha from the mpl's than the 10 from the erppc :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users