#21 GRIMM11

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

Where is my question! Does anyone not care that you cannot EJECT from the mech in game? Why is this "simulator" feeling like an arcade game more and more every patch?

Edited by miSs, 17 May 2013 - 02:18 PM.
removed quote (Note: question was already answered in a previous ATD)

#22 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

Can you edit so you don't quote the whole first post?

View PostGRIMM11, on 17 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Where is my question! Does anyone not care that you cannot EJECT from the mech in game? Why is this "simulator" feeling like an arcade game more and more every patch?

#23 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Wispsy: At least on certain mechs (Jenner for one) SSRMs only hit the front ct, even if the mech is directly behind you you can die with full back armour. Is there any plans to change this at all considering how quickly they can kill lights right now?
A: Currently the SSRMs will randomly hit one of 8 bones on a Mech. The cluster of these bones is generally around the CT area. In addition to a large splash damage effect, and damage transfer – most of the damage is ending up on the CT, even though the missiles are actually hitting at different locations on the mech. It’s not actually a bug, rather a tuning fix to minimize splash damage. This tuning adjustment will go live in the first patch of June. Unfortunately, the fix was a tad late for the 21st patch.

Thomas said that SSRMs pick a random location (1/5) on a mech which they track towards. shoulders, thighs and center. (Unless the target bones are missing which might have been overlooked on some mechs but I have not seen this).
Source
In game it looks like there are 5 lock-on points actually. A typo, or Bryan doesn't know how his own game works?

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 17 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Thomas said that SSRMs pick a random location (1/5) on a mech which they track towards. shoulders, thighs and center. (Unless the target bones are missing which might have been overlooked on some mechs but I have not seen this).
Source
In game it looks like there are 5 lock-on points actually. A typo, or Bryan doesn't know how his own game works?

It sounds to me that it may be further revised...

Then again, this is the same source that spoke of the legendary 6MG Spider...

#25 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostKrzysztof z Bagien, on 17 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Source

I really do not understand what they were thinking when they implemented this.

It feels like i has to be a bug, because it's so counter intuitive. And it's been that way for SO long.

But he's saying it's intended, and now being changed?

That's amazing to me.

Here is the change, Streaks can target arms, legs, ct, rt, lt, and head. Wherever you are aiming where you fire is where they go, with a chance to hit a different area due to movement.

They do 1.5 damage per missiles to wherever they hit. So 3 damage total.

Done.

Edited by Nicholas Carlyle, 17 May 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#26 Rigiroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 350 posts
  • LocationValhala

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Why do you have these updates? They are pretty much only ever filled with vague answers.

#27 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

A: The UI is being built to support any valid resolution from 1024x768 upwards.

Thank you for clarification.

Metafox: Do you have any future plans to accommodate groups of 5+ players who want to play together but are unable to fill a full 12-man?

A: Yes. We’re getting close to feeling confident in the matchmaker, which is the sole reason for not allowing it currently.

Thank you.

Draz McMillen: Any chance, down the line, of a hardcore mode where damage or mech destruction results in repairs or loss of the mech?

A: Maybe.

Excellent. I will be waiting for it.

MoonUnitBeta: How come mechs running animation seems to roller skate or slide forward along the ground when they start running? Is it some kind of sync error?

A: The rate of movement through space does not always match the rate of animation. It’s almost impossible to get right 100% time in a game’s real time engine simulation.

That's not true if you compute walking animation on client.
You could always "glue" mech feet to the ground to adjust animation.

P.S. Good round of answers today.

Edited by rgreat, 17 May 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#28 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Please do not let players switch between 1st and 3rd person in-game, even when spectating. This will lead to ghosting.

SHS are inferior to DHS by design and that is how it should be. What people complain about is the price of installing them.

The user needs to be able to control crosshair size, color, and transparency.

The ability to save loadouts should be considered a standard feature to have in UI 2.0.

Will mech #20 be the July mech, or are we just going to see artwork for it then?

I would really enjoy seeing dynamic weather/time of day in ALL of the maps.

TAG and AMS should be on a toggle, chain fire should work more like a macro, and the UAC shouldn't jam just because my single tap was a millisecond too long and registered as a double tap.

We all know you are going to do a Clan Founders sale and that you are going to make probably $10 million off of it.

FINALLY someone from PGI acknowledged the Streak Bug and told us when a fix will be in place. I've been championing this cause for a month now. I hope the fix works. Why did miSs just edit the original post to change the date?

Thank you for answering my question. So why don't you do videos of yourselves and your workplace?

Edited by BlueSanta, 17 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#29 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ask the Devs #38

`Mech's and Mechbay

Adridos: What is the team's stance on the issue of "entry requirements" being raised? Currently, for a mech to be usable, it needs to get upgraded by DHS, ES and have all it's efficiences skilled up, otherwise it is gimping itself in the match. There are already mentions of expanded pilot trees, epics and such and it may very well become a serious issue. Thus I would like to know the official stance on this.

A: This is entirely subjective. It depends at which level you play at. From my 1 in hundreds of thousands of player view, I can roll into a match with a stock Mech and be very competitive, and get lots of enjoyment. I may not be able to compete for 1st place all the time, but I can usually place in the top 8 no sweat. Your skill and Elo rating will definitely drive the level of competitive play you will face, and therefore the requirement to bring a more efficient, upgraded `Mech to the match. This is working as intended, and plays nicely in with how a player’s skill and inventory evolve over time.

I'm trying to figure out if Bryan just insulted Adridos, stroked his own ego or schooled us all on how kick *** stock Trial Mechs are. Bryan, I suspect that Adridos was asking how the average new player is experiencing the game while at the controls of a Trial Mech, not a tournament-savy incredible gamer/game developer. Just sayin'. :ph34r:

#30 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Exceptionally interesting AtD session, one of the best withing my recollection. Lot of questions which I longed to be answered. Good job, gentlemen, separate thanks for selecting my question.

P.S.
Few sad conclusions I draw out of AtD38:
  • We won't see King Crab in the future, that leaves only few suitable choices for 5th assault (Zeus?)
  • No options to stop tetra-morphing except user.cfg modification (I'm still working to figure out the best way to do it)
  • No PPC-boating and poptarts balance at least for one more month :ph34r:

#31 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

Kmieciu: People using macros is a sign that the game controls could be improved. What's the official response for these ideas that have been floating around forums since closed beta?:
- changing ultra autocannons behavior: hold button for single fire (no jam, like regular autocannons), tap to double fire (a risk of jamming)
- chain fire with shorter delay between shots (usefull for AC2)
- ability to toggle TAG on/off (just like missile bay doors)
Anyone with a macro can already do all that, why not helping new players by giving everyone the same opportunities?

Posted Image

#32 Scrawny Cowboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 574 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Dang, should have asked for their comments on San Jose Sharks sweeping Vancouver Canucks in first round of NHL playoffs. :ph34r:

#33 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

There were more moments where I was like, "Really?" (stock 'mechs are fine, don't need extended capture on large maps, etc.) than moments where I was said, "Well that's informative/good to know."

Most of that was a bunch of questions that have either been answered before or I don't care about, but sometimes I really do wonder if they're playing the same game.

Either way, thanks for the answers. I'm really looking forward to this Tuesday's patch.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 17 May 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#34 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 17 May 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

This answer really bugs me, I can't see twitter at work, but unless that's a new tweet I haven't read, it doesn't get very specific.
Is this the 79%/21% tweet?

The tweet.

Assault Matches End with
0 - 10%
1 - 12%
2 - 10%
3 - 8%
4 - 9%
5 - 9%
6 - 13%
7 - 26%
Deaths before Win by Capture.

#35 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 17 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The tweet.

Assault Matches End with
0 - 10%
1 - 12%
2 - 10%
3 - 8%
4 - 9%
5 - 9%
6 - 13%
7 - 26%

So, 32% makes up 2 or less deaths... that's a tad too high.

This is the only positive thing I've read so far:

Metafox: Do you have any future plans to accommodate groups of 5+ players who want to play together but are unable to fill a full 12-man?
A: Yes. We’re getting close to feeling confident in the matchmaker, which is the sole reason for not allowing it currently.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 May 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#36 Zyllos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 17 May 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Thank god the "SSRMs only doing real damage to the CT" is going to be addressed on Tuesday. You've made my day, Bryan!

I think he said that this is going to be fixed June instead of the 21st.

#37 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostZyllos, on 17 May 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I think he said that this is going to be fixed June instead of the 21st.

The original post said Tuesday. MiSs edited it to say the first patch of June.

#38 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 17 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

The tweet.

Assault Matches End with
0 - 10%
1 - 12%
2 - 10%
3 - 8%
4 - 9%
5 - 9%
6 - 13%
7 - 26%

Makes me wonder... is it for both sides combined, or for losing side only?

#39 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 17 May 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Thank god the "SSRMs only doing real damage to the CT" is going to be addressed on Tuesday. You've made my day, Bryan!

might want to re read that it's not being fixed until june

#40 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I'm not satisfied with the SSRM answer either. Regardless of which CT bone they target, something that strikes the back should damage the back. I would love to hear that this is the goal of the tuning.

As for the capture rate tweet..
Krystof - "deaths before win by capture". He is only giving us the winning side.

I know on alpine that the soon-to-lose-by-cap team is often slaughtering the soon-to-win-by-cap team while the capture is occurring. There are deaths but the outcome is an unsatisfying game for 12 or 13 players. I think a better metric is how many games on alpine end by capture during what minute...

Edited by ElLocoMarko, 17 May 2013 - 03:02 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users