#81 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostGRIMM11, on 17 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Where is my question! Does anyone not care that you cannot EJECT from the mech in game? Why is this "simulator" feeling like an arcade game more and more every patch?

The already answered last ATD why you can't really eject (but it was moreabout walking around after you eject). The game doesn't support your character to walk around. I dunno if that answers your question, but i think the option to simply just eject was also addressed.

I think it was there isn't really a point since whether you eject or not won't make a difference

#82 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 17 May 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Thank god the "SSRMs only doing real damage to the CT" is going to be addressed on Tuesday. You've made my day, Bryan!

I'm guessing you didn't read the

"This tuning adjustment will go live in the first patch of June. Unfortunately, the fix was a tad late for the 21st patch."

part.

Edited by DarkonFullPower, 18 May 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#83 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postforeversense, on 17 May 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Can some1 please help me? I cant play the game annymore...i have a thread a bit more up

dont post this here...do a search in forums for your error...

#84 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm excited, it just can't get here quick enough is all. A lot of the times since the introduction of ECM I walk away from the game feeling like.. wtf 'jus happen?

Everytime I try to tell my friends about this game they tell me to stop playing, ' crappy beta game '. They don't dislike MechWarrior in the slightest... something about being a hamster on a wheel..

I have no 'real life team with instant talk.. you could say those are my problems but I think PGI could do a better job of bringing us together. That's not asking a lot, is it?

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 18 May 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#85 costi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

BFett: In Dev Blog 3 it states that "Each BattleMech chassis has its own pool of XP and custom Tech Tree. At certain branch points in the BattleMech Tech Tree, a Pilot Point is awarded to the player." When can we expect to see pilot points in the game, and if they are not being implemented then what can we expect to see for more customized play?
A: I have answered this question a few times. We moved away from trees, in favor of the current system, which affords the player more choice.

Are we playing the same game? What choice does the current XP system give, except for grinding the same skills on each and every variant, making "to master, or not to master" the only choice there is.

#86 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postcosti, on 18 May 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Are we playing the same game? What choice does the current XP system give, except for grinding the same skills on each and every variant, making "to master, or not to master" the only choice there is.

As much as I agree with this currently, I think he's referring to their future plans, which have been explained in a previous Ask the Devs. Something about more choices within the current system, being able to do more damage with certain weapons, etc.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether the intended skills will actually contribute to role warfare, or if it just means that all PPC Stalker pilots will just get the "Extra PPC damage" and "Extra heat sink efficiency" skills, which cost 100,000 XP each, resulting in an even less playing field.

Here's hoping they don't stray too far from their original idea of role warfare. Which, by the way, seemed to have the unanimous support of the fans (a rare thing), but was scrapped anyway, with no real explanation that I've seen. But I digress.

They're on the case. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: Edited to reduce vitriol and general acidity.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 18 May 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#87 Wired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

urbeker: Are there any plans to make scouting easier, such as adding something above the range finder in the hud showing what grid you are looking at or a key to call out contact in the grid you are looking at?
A: Interesting idea.

This type of idea was proposed a lot in the closed beta, including more options to allow people without mics to communicate quickly. Maybe it wasnt read, maybe the pile of people who were anticommunication* at the time made the threads unreadable. either way, I hope they do something like this.

*Seriously, people were arguing that.

#88 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

ZnSeventeen: In regards to critical slot splitting, as happens in the King Crab, will you ever consider having different numbers of critical slots in specific mechs as their "quirk." Ex: King Crab gets extra arm crits and fewer torso crits so the problems of slot splitting would be allayed.
A: It’s a very specific TT rule. Right now we’re not looking to add it.

No King Crab for now. :)
But thanks for the response, and all the excellent answers.

#89 babsa

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Would it be within the realm of possibility for replays of matches to be saved temporarily (say 24 hours?) so that players can purchase them with MC to download and keep? Many games i play offer free replays to be reviewed, but this is something that i would pay real money for.

#90 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I worry about now, not just the foreseeable future. Anything that continues to hurts the newbies, will continue to resonate in the future until THINGS ACTUALLY CHANGE. It's kinda like how some people/groups/whatever have a bad reputation.. and despite their efforts to try to change their image, the lingering effects of bad pub can continue to haunt them. Not all newbies ragequit, but I cannot help think that we could have had a bigger and better playerbase had some of these issues had been addressed long before the major disaster of a system known as the trial mechs.

No one actually ever has to use a trial mech, they could just buy MC and start with whatever mech they want. The trial mechs are decent and you earn a ton of cbills even if you lose. Seems like there are just a lot of whiny games who don't want to have to learn how to play, and they really are better off playing whatever FPS they came from and not trying to get this game dumbed down. However, since you earn cbills so fast with cadet bonus, PGI might as well just give every new account six million cbills and a mech bay and just get rid of trials.

#91 Accursed Richards

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

ElLocoMarko: Is the base capture rate for assault mode being assessed.... perhaps to include map size as a factor... ?
A: It’s right about where we want it. See this tweet about the stats - https://twitter.com/...830885091119106

So what about Conquest? If the other side randomly drops with two lights and the other with none, it's virtually an auto-gg right there.

#92 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

No one actually ever has to use a trial mech, they could just buy MC and start with whatever mech they want. The trial mechs are decent and you earn a ton of cbills even if you lose. Seems like there are just a lot of whiny games who don't want to have to learn how to play, and they really are better off playing whatever FPS they came from and not trying to get this game dumbed down. However, since you earn cbills so fast with cadet bonus, PGI might as well just give every new account six million cbills and a mech bay and just get rid of trials.

If you are playing the game for the first time, it is not always an idea to commit to "paying" for something you don't know if you're going to enjoy it. Some people will do it, but it'll be a "small" one time payment if they decide to leave.

Since Trial Mechs have been a focal point for making most suffer, if not /ragequit outright, then it's almost a lose-lose proposition. I commend those that are willing to trudge through the pain, but to use the "Pay 2 Convenience" line for newbies that are actually "Pay 2 Suffer Much Less Than Usual", and that's not exactly the best way to demonstrate a F2P model. Driving away a potential consumer on Day 1 does not lead to future sales.

#93 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:15 AM

I plan to write a post debunking the new player experience and although it's been months now after experiencing it.. it makes me shiver in fear what people have to go through.

I still plan to update this as well:
http://mwomercs.com/...39#entry2261139

The point however is that there's more to the newbie issue than people whining about it.. it comes up for many reasons.

Also, when you buy your mech with MC (assuming a non-hero mech), you are STILL INITIALLY PLAYING WITH A TRIAL MECH. Remember that having an account will still provide you with ZERO C-bills, so for a while, you will be stuck with what effectively IS a trial mech for all intents and purposes.

This doesn't even begin to describe how people are not going to initially understand the value of DHS/Endo Steel and all this good mechlab related stuff... all they care about is blowing stuff up with a big walking machine. To say "it'll fix itself when you buy your first mech with MC" is a complete understatement and generally not representative of the newbie experience.

In the end, the post will have a crazy suggestion on what mech is actually "optimal" under the current MC system... of which a comment I said about the mech has gotten a lot of play... even today.

#94 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

JaniTheWeedman: Are there any plans for improving advanced zoom module? I understand that PiP is a problem, why not make it a plain x4 zoom? (without the PiP function)
A: The rendering team will be looking at it in the future.

Get rid of 1.5x zoom and just make advanced module to enable usual 4x zoom like it was in closed beta (just like Aegis Kleas said). How fracking hard to do it?

I'm sick of the stupidity and how much awesome things were cut out that were present in closed beta. (normal netcode/collisions/repair&rearm etc).

#95 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

TexAss: Why don't we get capture assist bonuses in Conquest?
A: You’re not capturing a base. You’re accumulating resources.

Really? That's your answer?
You totally knew why I was asking this and still didn't care to answer my question but circumvented it.

Edited by TexAss, 19 May 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#96 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

Why didnt you answer my question about the Awesome and Cataphract? The Awesome is a worse version of the Cataphract for more C-Bills, more tonnage, and a worse profile. Did Miss not pass it along or did the Devs just not want to answer it?

Posted Image

#97 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostGRIMM11, on 17 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Where is my question! Does anyone not care that you cannot EJECT from the mech in game? Why is this "simulator" feeling like an arcade game more and more every patch?

This was already answered in another ATD. They said they dont see a need for it since it doesnt add anything to the game.

,..which is like the most stupid answer ever.
Why did they made a startup sequence then???

#98 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

i still would like to know, if the head hit box on the founders C1 is going to be address.
or has this been answered somewhere that i'm not aware of? because i cant find any answers
using the search.

#99 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Why devs didnt answer the question for poptarting issue? I believe this is 1 of the important issue too.

#100 Grimmnyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 19 May 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

I plan to write a post debunking the new player experience and although it's been months now after experiencing it.. it makes me shiver in fear what people have to go through.

I still plan to update this as well:
http://mwomercs.com/...39#entry2261139

The point however is that there's more to the newbie issue than people whining about it.. it comes up for many reasons.

Also, when you buy your mech with MC (assuming a non-hero mech), you are STILL INITIALLY PLAYING WITH A TRIAL MECH. Remember that having an account will still provide you with ZERO C-bills, so for a while, you will be stuck with what effectively IS a trial mech for all intents and purposes.

This doesn't even begin to describe how people are not going to initially understand the value of DHS/Endo Steel and all this good mechlab related stuff... all they care about is blowing stuff up with a big walking machine. To say "it'll fix itself when you buy your first mech with MC" is a complete understatement and generally not representative of the newbie experience.

In the end, the post will have a crazy suggestion on what mech is actually "optimal" under the current MC system... of which a comment I said about the mech has gotten a lot of play... even today.

Wow, if playing a day or two worth of matches in a less-than-optimal trial mech, makes you "shiver in fear," then this game is not for you. Also, the "champion" trial mechs, have very good, proven loadouts, that are only hindered by not having the pilot skills maxed out. Again, this game is not hard to get into, there is no longer any repair or rearm, you can earn more than enough cbills to buy and upgrade a mech in about 20 to 25 matches with the cadet bonus. How is more handholding going to make the game better?

And in case you are wondering, I played my first 25 matches in a trial trebuchet, with no premium time and I bought myself a Jager DD with the money I earned and was able to put double heatsinks on it as soon as I bought it. Yes, I have spent money since then, but that was much later.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 May 2013 - 09:58 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users