• 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

SLI profile: https://forums.gefor...ne-sli-profile/

#22 Dibster

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

THANK YOU for that link. Those SLI bits work almost perfectly. Just have to disable in-game AA to get rid of fullscreen flickering and there's still flickering on damage decals on mechs, but other than that my cards are being equally loaded and performance is through the roof. It's as good as it was before they did the engine overhaul several months ago.

#23 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Not working. framedrop falls to 10- and screen flickering.

#24 Lictor

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

works beautifully frame rates never drop below 62 - 65

#25 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

EDIT:

Not working for me. Each card is at 50% utilization and the 2nd card thinks it has 4 Million + MB of Video Memory..?

Q6700 Quad @ 3.5GHZ
EVGA nforce 780i SLI FTW
4GB Corsair Dominator 1066 @ 5.5.5.15
1000w Corsair PS
2xGTX280s

Edited by Kaptain, 20 August 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#26 LordOfThePit

Rookie

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

I read on a forum somewhere that when MWO is near release (out of Beta), there would be SLI support. So where is it?

#27 Claviger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 204 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bump because I applied this to my GTX 760 SLI setup to test it, and it works with none of the slow down discussed when lasers fire. High settings at 2560x1440 getting 90-110 FPS except on the lord of the rings map where I get around 80.

Overlord Tempest + 100ish vsynced frames is teh sex!!

Edited by Claviger, 19 November 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#28 LeoTib71

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

We need a reliable SLI profile for MWO PGI !!!

#29 Caesar_NZ

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

This is no longer working for me anymore.
I'm getting missing mech bits again...

Any updates?

#30 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostCaezael, on 13 June 2014 - 09:19 PM, said:

This is no longer working for me anymore.
I'm getting missing mech bits again...

Any updates?

So I have been scrounging for the reason i have vanishing mech and mech parts, and terrain items.
Is it SLI? Do i need to disable SLI in my nvidea profile for this nonsense to go away? It is hard to shoot invisible mechs lol. Especially when they are actually behind an invisible building.

#31 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Seconding invisible mechs/mech parts.

I noticed the problem crop up after I updated my Nvidia drivers. A wipe and fresh reinstall of MWO fixed it for a day, but then it came back today.

I tried deleting the shader cache to no effect.

Edit: Following another clean install the glitch returned. I may have fixed it by forcing DX9 and fullscreen as opposed to DX11 and full window.

Edited by Fleeb the Mad, 14 June 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#32 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

I made a new thread for the missing mech pieces just now, lets move that topic to that thread. I am going to try to disable SLI to see if that helps tonight.

#33 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostLordOfThePit, on 22 September 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I read on a forum somewhere that when MWO is near release (out of Beta), there would be SLI support. So where is it?

If you think this game is out of beta... your gonna have a bad time...

#34 AldoRain

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

View Postxor1337, on 17 May 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

I posted this elsewhere but thought it important enough to get the info in the workarounds list.

I was able to more than double my fps with SLi enabled.

Warning: turn off AA if you use this workaround, it causes dark grainy splotches.
Also causes some flashing of the mech damage glow.

Joy to ALL, I got SLi up and running on MWO!

First I wanna explain my system specs and the situation.
My system:
Intel i7 3.4Ghz
12GB DDR3
Windows 7 64bit
2x Nvidia GTX 260 in SLi

I've been playing MWO since December with all settings at Medium and AA off. With this setup I would average about 40fps. I couldn't turn the settings up anymore without some pretty choppy gameplay.

Now that I've enabled SLi I'm running with all settings at High or Very High with a solid 70fps. AA remains off because with SLi on it creates weird dark grainy spots.

Only other artifact is that the Mech Damage glowing does flicker a bit, but not enough to care about, and with the particles on very high there is usually so much smoke etc that you don't notice.

Ok now to the fix.
I'm running Nvidia beta driver 320.14 and Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.1
Using Nvidia inspector I opened the Mechwarrior Online Profile and made the following changes:
1. SLi compatibility bits (DX1x): 0x000040F5 (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Crysis 3)
2. SLi compatibility bits :0x02506405 (Crysis, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Take-on helicopters, ArmA 3, ArmA 2, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Crysis: Warhead, Merchants of Brooklyn, Nexuiz, OCCT)
3.Number of GPUs to use on SLi rendering mode: SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
4.NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLi rendering mode on Direct X 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
5.NVIDIA predefined number of GPUs to use on SLi rendering mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_TWO
6.NVIDIA predefined SLi mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR
7.NVIDIA predefined SLi mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR2

Just hit "Apply changes" and then make sure SLi is enabled in the Nvidia Driver Control panel.

I'll Say again, TURN OFF AA, SLi makes grainy dark patches on screen with it on.
This fix more than doubled my fps and the only cost is flickering Mech glow damage!

I'm just throwing this out there Game Devs, it would be really nice if you could work on the flickering mech glow damage AND the AA dark patches with SLi enabled.

if you change [color="#959595"]1. SLi compatibility bits (DX1x): 0x000040F5 (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Crysis 3) if you change this setting from 0x000040f5 to 0x000200f5(crysis, arma 3, crysis2, crysis:wathead ...etc) you will get a lot more stability and it will work better than the need for speed. This is what I have learned from playing with this option. I encourage you to play with this option more to find a better setting than I have found, but at this moment this is the most stable and fastest setting I have found.[/color]

#35 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

how do you change the bits.

nm....

even with AA off in the nvidia panel and in game settings, I still get major flicker everywhere using DX11 and the bit above. i was getting a flickering of the game AND the mech bay menu...

using dual 480gtx and latest WHQL driver

Edited by Bigbacon, 07 July 2014 - 05:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users