K2 Should Be Considered For Guardian Ecm

23 replies to this topic

#1 Neowey

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

Now that the Jäger is out I think it would give the Catapult K2 some playing value - as for now the Jäger is the better choice.

#2 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:50 AM

That's an interesting concept. The K2 is likely still my favorite mech. No other Catapult could have an ECM since they are all missle variants and that would obviously be rather cheap to give it to a LRM boat or a SSRM boat. Plus, it would make the K2 see more love since the Jagermech has largely taken over it's role as sniper or medium/long range fire support. I personally still run a K2 and have a Jagermech and love them both for different reasons. I could see either with an ECM, but neither really need it.

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

I assume you're only comparing builds with ballistic weapons? For energy weapons, the K2 has 2 arm mounted hardpoints, which is so much better than the Jager with 4 energy hardpoints in its torso. Also, the side torso of the Jager is a lot harder to hit than those of the Catapult. I would rather see the K2 be given some other advantage. Like a bigger engine cap, so it can fit more heatsinks and go faster. After all, it's supposed to be the energy boat, while Jager is the ballistic mech.

#4 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostNeowey, on 20 May 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Now that the Jäger is out I think it would give the Catapult K2 some playing value - as for now the Jäger is the better choice.

I wouldn't say better, just different. The k2 certainly isn't dead on the battlefield.

#5 Neowey

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

I agree it does not really need it and the design is great - but I think we could use some more ECM capable mechs, especially with the new counter coming out tomorrow.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

ECM on a K2... I can support that. I'm sure it won't happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be upset.

#7 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Indeed. With the upcoming changes to PPCs (often used on a K2) and changes to BAP/ECM, I too would welcome ECM to the K2. Not necessary, but nor would I fuss.

ECM on a Stalker variant? I would first jump for joy, attempt to defend the choice, become ridiculed, but pilot it anyway... but I'm very confident this will never happen anyway ;)

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Two words: lol no

If we are using the Jagermech as the reason for this buff, then there's something wrong with you.

The best you can ask for is reinstating part of the torso twist buff than the K2s used to have.. then you would have a chance at competing against the Jagermech-S.

#9 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

Booms cats with ECM.

Great idea!

#10 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Nah, Dragon is the heavy they should consider for an ECM slot. If they put it on the 1N we might actually start seeing some of them.

#11 Myworstfear

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 20 May 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Nah, Dragon is the heavy they should consider for an ECM slot. If they put it on the 1N we might actually start seeing some of them.

Agreed, the Dragon needs more love than the K2 does.

#12 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think they should just give the k2 another module slot

#13 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

I think the K2 should have 4 more ballistic slots. The Cat with 6 MG's will be terrifying.

For serious ECM Mech considerations, see the poll in my signature.

#14 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Dragon gets ECM before any of the other larger mechs please.
I'm just not feeling too much pity for the poor o'l K2.which is still a very viable mech.

#15 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

I really don't like the Dragon just due to personal preference, but it does seem more like an ECM mech than the K2. It's roles seem to revolve around being close to other mechs, flanking and short range supporting fire. K2s are mostly snipers and long range support, so ECM is only utilized by the carrier mech, it's not covering other mechs or trying to counter enemy active ECMs really.

#16 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

My ac20 k2 would love some payback on those ecm atlas creepers. It can do a lot of what the jag can just on a smaller scale.

#17 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

Let's give the best Catapult variant ECM... Yeah, brilliant idea.

#18 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

Lmao, no. That's a horrible idea. Thinking like that is why the 3L and the D-DC were given ECM, but not the underpowered variants. If any heavy mech should get ECM, it should be the dragon, which is already essentially a medium.

#19 The Black Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

to me the K2 isn't broken. Using it as a ballistic based mech is, to me, missing the point of the K2. It's an energy weapon based mech. I have one with 2 ERPPC and it regularly do well in it. Adding ECM would make it even more viable to use, but I dont really think it needs anything done to it.

#20 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 20 May 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

That could be a dangerous combo (maybe too much so)

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users