#61 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 21 May 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

The only thing worthwhile doing in this patch is take my triple UAC5 Jager and turn all those poor schmucks running Blackjacks into dust. 45ton Ballistics platform, muahahahahaha!

im going for the LaZer platform.

View PostVagGR, on 21 May 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

a good patch...

one thing i dont really like though...why punish a already legged mech..its at a serious disadvantage as it is why make it even worse..i mean when you get legged you pretty much dead in few secs, with this change well you just stop playing when u loose the first leg..

i just feel its a rather poor change as it doesnt really balance out anything, it doesnt counter anything, it just makes it worse for a poor guy already in a very bad position...

I dunno why remove weapons from a mech thats had its arm blown off? The mech should get knocked on its bum everytime it gets shot.

Edited by PropagandaWar, 21 May 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#62 Doomstryke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

The leg thing makes sence because if you have ever legged a spider or a raven as an assult or slow heavy even legged they move at close to 70 which makes it impossible to catch. with a blanket 40 max everyone can catch up to that legged light and rip him to shreds :)

#63 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostDoomstryke, on 21 May 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

The leg thing makes sence because if you have ever legged a spider or a raven as an assult or slow heavy even legged they move at close to 70 which makes it impossible to catch. with a blanket 40 max everyone can catch up to that legged light and rip him to shreds :)

Shooting a legged light already made them move at only 15kph before this. The 70 kph thing just allowed the legged mech a chance to escape if there's cover close enough nearby to bring his speed up.

If you had any trouble at all destroying a legged mech of any weight class before this patch...well, then I don't really know what to say.

Edited by FupDup, 21 May 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#64 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postsarkun, on 21 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

wow, lots of changes. Will have to take some time to test all of that...

I disagree with the AMS buff though - it will shift LRMs more towards all or nothing builds, 70LRM stalkers etc, while hurting 30LRM catapults and trebutchets. I'd rather make those builds more viable.

Pretty sure the AMS buff was to help compensate for the LRM speed buff, to keep AMS roughly where it is now (prepatch). The window of time for AMS firing at missiles is now smaller, so it'll kill them at an accelerated rate now.

#65 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

I just feel like right now lights are already in a precarious position. Streaks are going to be A LOT more common, and with the HSR stuff, they are going to be hardpressed to fight.

if they can get away while legged (not as easy as it sounds), is that really so terrible?

#66 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

I still do not understand why missiles have less than TT dmg value when we have double armor TT value.That do not make any sense.

#67 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

This patch notes read verry nice.

I like the ECM nerf, the weapon changes and the BAP buff.

Guess my Jenner is getting a BAP right away :)

#68 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Posted Image

#69 Fr4ctal

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

(nevermind)

Edited by Fr4ctal, 21 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#70 KAOS 1

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 34 posts

how long will this maitanance take oo0o0

#71 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 21 May 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I just feel like right now lights are already in a precarious position. Streaks are going to be A LOT more common, and with the HSR stuff, they are going to be hardpressed to fight.

if they can get away while legged (not as easy as it sounds), is that really so terrible?

Only the strong will survive.

What is the PPC min damage bug fix they are referring too ???

#72 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

oh common..seriously..how many time have u seen a legged mech escape death no matter the size..1 time out of 10..2 times at best...its a pointless change that adds nothing..and no i dont run lights, mediums and heavis is my thing :P

#73 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 21 May 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

This patch notes read verry nice.

I like the ECM nerf, the weapon changes and the BAP buff.

Guess my Jenner is getting a BAP right away :)

Just be sure to watch out for every single enemy mech with missile hardpoints...

#74 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

View PostFupDup, on 21 May 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Wait, what's with the 40kph thing? Wasn't just 50% speed pre-patch working well enough? Why do I get the feeling that this is also aimed at lights...

Of course it is. One-leg CDA running 70kph is not funny. The multi-ton mech without a leg actually isn't supposed to go anywhere other way than falling with each step! Say 'thank you, devs' for their wise decision to let legged mechs walk at all, or it would be a legging marathon.
Yay for the fix!

PS The patch note reads that 'all three lances are displayed correctly'. So, do we have 12vs12 with this patch?

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 21 May 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#75 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Changes to LRM damage, but not changes to SRM damage? Is that an omission in the patch notes?

#76 Dyson Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia, Australia

View PostFr4ctal, on 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

I am surprised that no one is complaining about the CBill vs MC UAV.

Everyone cried P2W when artillery came around. Although, the MC variant was not necessarily better, it was just different. The MC variant of UAV is blatantly superior to the CBill version. Slippery slope.....

It's pretty much the same as what they did with the other consumables, pay GXP to improve the C-Bill version to the same effectiveness as the MC version.

#77 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

View PostShinVector, on 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Only the strong will survive.

What is the PPC min damage bug fix they are referring too ???

Not sure, either PPC's were doing too much damage under min range, or not enough. wasn't clear.

I didn't catch the UAV MC vs. C-bill. I am honestly so exhausted with consumables at this point. How much better is the MC version?

I hate consumables.

#78 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostDuncan Jr Fischer, on 21 May 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

Of course it is. One-leg CDA running 70kph is not funny. The multi-ton mech without a leg actually isn't supposed to go anywhere other way than falling with each step! Say 'thank you, devs' for their wise decision to let legged mechs walk at all, or it would be a legging marathon.
Yay for the fix!

Implying that it was broken. They were only able to run at 70kph if nobody shoots at them, otherwise it was just 15. How often have you witnessed legged mechs survive more than several seconds, much less actually escape to fight another day?

#79 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Let the flamer stun locks... BEGIN!!!!

That said, this all looks great, can't wait for the work day to be done so I can get home and fire this baby up!

#80 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Changes to LRM damage, but not changes to SRM damage? Is that an omission in the patch notes?

I am curious about that.

Did anyone notice they haven't done anything with splash damage by the way?

So are we just leaving it in?

I feel like we need a big missile command chair explaining where they wanted to go with the changes. Because right now it's VERY unclear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users