Patch May 21St - LIVE!

332 replies to this topic

#81 w0rm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

I'm rather interested in the hidden changes.

#82 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

I didn't catch the UAV MC vs. C-bill. I am honestly so exhausted with consumables at this point. How much better is the MC version?

I hate consumables.

It's the same as other consumables: you pay MC to unlock the already upgraded version without grinding GXP until your hair turns grey.

#83 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well, sounds good enough to make me curious how it will Play out.

#84 Kamelkaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 423 posts
  • LocationIm Cockpit seines Urbies!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

• A Mech that equips both ECM and BAP will only receive the sensor range bonus and the ability to detect powered down Mechs from BAP. Other BAP features gets overridden by the active ECM.

now 25% increased target information gathering are working for bap only mechs only? :)

#85 Serious Table

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 78 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostKamelkaze, on 21 May 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

now 25% increased target information gathering are working for bap only mechs only? :)

Sounds like you get either one or the other. ECM's being repurposed for long-range missile cover, while BAP is now being tooled as a sensor amplifier to punch through ECM.

#86 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

View PostShinVector, on 21 May 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

What is the PPC min damage bug fix they are referring too ???

PPCs were getting non-linear damage decrease under 90m. For example when 45m from target, one PPC shot should do 5 damage since it's half the distance of 90m, but it used to do like 3 or so, which was too little.

#87 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

No, someone explained in another thread. Basically if you have BAP and ECM, BAP's ECM counter is turned off.

#88 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

No SRM damage buff?!?!?!!??!!?!?!??!?!

Why does BAP only counter ONE ECM when ECM counters ALL mechs? :) Why not just take a TAG then and waste a laser hardpoint or a PPC? This seems pointless.

BAP should counter all mechs around you unless it stacks with friendlies.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#89 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

No it just means that you can not run the BAP as a poor man counter-mode if you have a ECM equipped... Otherwise you would be able to run the scm to disrupt and the BAP to counter.

Beyond that the BAP works as normal .

#90 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

So how much armor does the UAV have? Gonna be interesting to see if we can shoot it down, it says we can only target it within 180m, but I guess direct fire should still work without a target lock.

#91 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

View PostFupDup, on 21 May 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

It's the same as other consumables: you pay MC to unlock the already upgraded version without grinding GXP until your hair turns grey.

Oh, that's no big deal, been that way the whole time. Whatever. Bigger fish to fry.

#92 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

I will shoot down all the UAVs with my ERPPC spidor :)

Posted Image

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 21 May 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#93 MeatPuppets

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

So much good stuff in this patch. :)

Edited by MeatPuppets, 21 May 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#94 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostXiang, on 21 May 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

So how much armor does the UAV have? Gonna be interesting to see if we can shoot it down, it says we can only target it within 180m, but I guess direct fire should still work without a target lock.

10 points of dmg..50xp each uav u shoot down

#95 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 21 May 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

No SRM damage buff?!?!?!!??!!?!?!??!?!

And no missile HSR either, both been delayed. So yep, still pointless using SRMS instead of more heatsinks and more/bigger energy weapons. Happy 2 months srm nerf, hopefully you won't go on to become 3 months old, but who knows really.

#96 Sweet Baby Pirate

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postsarkun, on 21 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

wow, lots of changes. Will have to take some time to test all of that...

I disagree with the AMS buff though - it will shift LRMs more towards all or nothing builds, 70LRM stalkers etc, while hurting 30LRM catapults and trebutchets. I'd rather make those builds more viable.

I'm running a C1 cat w/ 2 x LRM5, 2 x ERPPC and 2 ML. Should be a good test case, as it relies on being 50% LRM boat and 50% poptart sniper.

I'll reserve judgement on the new LB10X until I've tried it. Would have been nice to see a close-range damage increase, but maybe the new tighter spread will make the crit seeking start to become significant?

I had this RVN-4X build I called 'Igor Muromets', who would run around mercy-killing damaged opponents with his shotgun. Would be nice to see the little ****** get a new lease of life.

#97 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostFupDup, on 21 May 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Implying that it was broken. They were only able to run at 70kph if nobody shoots at them, otherwise it was just 15. How often have you witnessed legged mechs survive more than several seconds, much less actually escape to fight another day?

Actually I have. And not once. Escaped legged mech is an easy prey, of course, but still it may outrun some heavies or assaults with clumsy pilots. I myself managed to get off with one leg (my attacker died at the same moment my mech's leg did) and it wasn't natural to hop 50 kph.

#98 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Two thoughts:

The legging changes hurt the light mechs the most.. the 15kph behavior has been happening since the last patch/hotfix, so it's really a large delay (must be that infamous PGI netcode) before it was actually made official. I don't see how 75kph lights being a threat, especially when any damage effectively "stun locks" them @ 15kph. Gimped @ 75kph is the same as many mediums+heavies... which by light mech standards is nothing worth speaking about.

Also, the seismic sensor module effectively prevents backrage or sneaking up by fast mediums or lights. This is worse than TT BAP (can see through structures @ a limited distance IIRC). Whose crazy screwed up idea is this???

Edited by Deathlike, 21 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#99 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

That leg feature was already here.i mean that you move slow if some1 hit you.

#100 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 21 May 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Two thoughts:

The legging changes hurt the light mechs the most.. the 15kph behavior has been happening since the last patch/hotfix, so it's really a large delay before it was actually made official. I don't see how 75kph lights being a threat, especially when any damage effectively "stun locks" them @ 15kph. 75kph is the same as many mediums+heavies... which by light mech standards is nothing worth speaking about.

Also, the seismic sensor module effectively prevents backrage or sneaking up by fast mediums or lights. This is worse than TT BAP (can see through structures @ a limited distance IIRC). Whose crazy screwed up idea is this???

Agreed, lights are going to have issues with this patch.

I know I'll be sporting Streaks on any mech that has room as a backup light killer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users